Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mediatraffic posts updated Lady Gaga album sales

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Whispering

:dies:

Mediatraffic is adding up sales + using official statistics from the countries that don't have charts. I believe in what seems the most reliable to me and I prefer their numbers instead of obvious inflated numbers.  

Mediatraffic is compiling the information that anyone with a computer has access to. Nothing more.

MT may "seem" the most reliable to you, but it is not the sorce that respected music industry publications use. It is a fan site, run by a couple of music fans, that have zero access to actual numbers. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

Lmaoooo bye I'm going to bed I can't anymore

bisous 

Goodnight.

Same thing is going to happen everytime you post these numbers and present them as some kind of fact or authority that would know more than any other music fan. 

Rainbow Unicorn

Mediatraffic is compiling the information that anyone with a computer has access to. Nothing more.

MT may "seem" the most reliable to you, but it is not the sorce that respected music industry publications use. It is a fan site, run by a couple of music fans, that have zero access to actual numbers. 

​I clearly don't care if you don't believe in Mediatraffic. This is my own opinion on something that I follow for years now. But if you think they're not reliable, than believe in real numbers because they can't lie :

Guys, please, see the difference between inflated shipment numbers and real sales.

ARTPOP: 744k (USA) + 210k (UK) + 200k (Japan) + 35k (Italy) + 65k (France) + 12k (Spain) + 5k (South Korea) + 90k (Canada) + 65k (Brazil) + 30k (Australia) + 50k+ (Germany) + 150k other certified sales (Argentina, Austria, Colombia, Finland, Hungary, Mexico, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland) = 1.656M copies. So... How can it sold 1.144M copies outside of the biggest coutries (which usually represent +90% of the sale for artist such as Gaga) ? 

1.95M is the right number.

Whispering

​I clearly don't care if you don't believe in Mediatraffic. But if you think they're not reliable, than believe in real numbers because they can't lie :

The real numbers are reported by legitimate publications and resources. 

Rainbow Unicorn

The real numbers are reported by legitimate publications and resources. 

​Yes, this is the ones I put above. And the total of the biggest markest doesn't pass 1.7M: proof that ARTPOP didn't sold 2.8M. And ARTPOP couldn't sold 2.3M at the end of 2013 because it was only released for less than two months and it only sold 592k in the US that year, which means 1.708M outside this country and from the known sales of the album in 2013, it's clearly impossible. This is just maths and stats.

Supersonic

​This is not about being reliable or not. Because, sure, record labels are reliable, but they're reporting shipments. Don't you think it's too fishy that Universal reported TFM at 16M in 2010 while the album was released only for months ? Same for BTW and its 8M copies ? The truth is that Mediatraffic is adding up REAL sales for years now, that's why they're also reliable, but in term of estimated numbers. It's not an usual "fan site". They're doing their job perfectly and their chart page is based on real numbers and statistics from IFPI, and all other official compagnies as well.

​No, they are not. Around 40% of the charts they pile into their ranking DO NOT RELEASE NUMBERS weekly. They GUESS them. And those are not just your regular Bosnia's or Croatia's. Those are countries like Germany, the UK, Canada or Australia and the Netherlands. Those rank among the Top 10 of the biggest music industries of the world. Their numbers are in NO WAY an accurate representation of worldwide music sales. Period.

The only reason people cling to those numbers by mediatraffic like crazy, is the mere fact that they release numbers regularly every week. No further reasoning behind that, people just want any number at all.

Whispering

​No, they are not. Around 40% of the charts they pile into their ranking DO NOT RELEASE NUMBERS weekly. They GUESS them. And those are not just your regular Bosnia's or Croatia's. Those are countries like Germany, the UK, Canada or Australia and the Netherlands. Those rank among the Top 10 of the biggest music industries of the world. Their numbers are in NO WAY an accurate representation of worldwide music sales. Period.

The only reason people cling to those numbers by mediatraffic like crazy, is the mere fact that they release numbers regularly every week. No further reasoning behind that, people just want any number at all.

:applause:

Rainbow Unicorn

Yes, sure. This is how estimations are working. But like I said before, if you don't believe estimations then just add up the official announced sales + certified sales and you'll see that we're far from all the shipped numbers reported.

Also, Canada, UK, and Australia are reporting weekly numbers. That's why we knew ARTPOP sold 90k in Canada and until and it was out on the chart, we had weekly sales.

Some charts/sales are just not available publicly or you have to pay to see them.

The Album Chart based on sales data and the official national album-charts from the USA (Billboard Top 200), Japan (Oricon Album Chart), United Kingdom (Official Charts Company Top 100), France (ChartsInFrance Top Albums), Canada (Billboard Canadian Albums), Australia (ARIA Album Top 50), South Korea (Hanteo), and Netherlands (Mega Album Top 100). All above with sales stats. Furthermore the official charts from Germany (Media Control Album Chart), Italy (FIMI Album Chart), Spain (Promusicae Top 100 Álbumes), Brazil (ABPD), Mexico (Amprofon Top 100),Switzerland (Media Control Album Top 100), Belgium (Ultratop 200 Albums), Sweden (Sverige Topplistan, Veckans Albumlista), Austria (Media Control, ORF Longplaycharts), Norway (VG Lista Topp 40 Album), Denmark (Hitlisterne Album Top 40), Finland (Suomen Virallinen, Albumit), Ireland (IRMA Top 100 Artist Albums), New Zealand (NZ Music Charts, Albums), Poland (OLIS, Top 50), Portugal (AFP Top Albums), Hungary (Mahasz Top 40 Albums), Czech Republic (IFPI CR, Top 50Prodejní), Greece (IFPI Greece, Top 75 Albums Sales), Taiwan (G-Music Top 20), Slovakia, South Africa, Argentina, Chile, and Colombia. The charts from countries without sales stats are weighted to the size of its markets according to the latest IFPI-statistics (exception: albums with huge sales in these countries are weighted higher). Albums which placed in most or all of our monitoring countries, get additional sales for countries which haven't an official charts like Russia, China, India, Turkey etc.

The Fame Monster sold 1.6 million in the US. Sorry, Vivi.... I know you swear by them, but that is not right.

Rainbow Unicorn

The Fame Monster sold 1.6 million in the US. Sorry, Vivi.... I know you swear by them, but that is not right.

​Yes, you're right. The Fame Monster (US EP only) sold 1.585M in the US but was only released in Canada, and Australia as well. That's why it sold 1.9M in total.

​Yes, you're right. The Fame Monster (US EP only) sold 1.585M in the US and was only released in Canada, and Australia. That's why it sold 1.9M in total.

Hmm interesting... Wasn't aware of that.

The other numbers do look right to me. Always bothered me when people would claim ARTPOP is over 2 million. Time to face reality, folks.

Supersonic

​Yes, you're right. The Fame Monster (US EP only) sold 1.585M in the US but was only released in Canada, and Australia as well. That's why it sold 1.9M in total.

​It sold 1.585M in the US and 577k in Japan. Which is 2.162M from two countries alone. And more than this worldwide estimation.

Rainbow Unicorn

​It sold 1.585M in the US and 577k in Japan. Which is 2.162M from two countries alone. And more than this worldwide estimation.

​Japan is not counted because the sales of the EP are combined with TF+TFM sales.

And I simply don't know where you found this number because The Fame Monster (with the EP included, we never had separate numbers) sold 625,000 from the latest update and The Fame 380,000. That's why all the versions have the same certification for 1,000,000 sales (million).

There's a thread about Japan sales on the forum : 

Supersonic

​Japan is not counted because the sales of the EP are combined with TF+TFM sales.

And I simply don't know where you found this number because The Fame Monster (with the EP included, we never had separate numbers) sold 625,000 from the latest update and The Fame 380,000. That's why all the versions have the same certification for 1,000,000 sales (million).

​How come The Fame charted at #6 of the Oricon Chart and The Fame Monster charted at #2? They charted seperately because they charted seperately. It's literally on wikipedia. The even have different certifications.

Rainbow Unicorn

​How come The Fame charted at #6 of the Oricon Chart and The Fame Monster charted at #2? They charted seperately because they charted seperately. It's literally on wikipedia. The even have different certifications.

​I'm talking about their sales. They didn't chart together, but the sales have always been combined. That's why both have sold 1,005,000 together and have been certified million for over a million copies sold.

Archived