💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

NYPost: Madonna's Rebel Heart tour sales more sticky than sweet

Spock

Featured Posts

Bloody

Their article is just tragic :madge: 

I'm just saying that she's the 4th tour grossing artist of all time and with this tour she'll become the 3rd.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read it as "Madonna's Rebel Heart tour sells more than Sticky & Sweet" and I was like " :shocked: " :flop: 

​omg wait that's not what it says? :rip: mess @ me i was ready to say "well they seem to be far more expensive than Sticky and Sweet's so :laughga: " Madge get your shiz together :rip:

JusKeepBreathin

I think she should've waited longer after MDNA to tour.

​I am not sure she can. She is contractually obligated to tour, because of her all encompassing record deal with Live Nation.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Dorothy Gale

​I am not sure she can. She is contractually obligated to tour, because of her all encompassing record deal with Live Nation.

I feel like a madonna concert is an experience. Not something that you do a million times. A lot of her fans probably aren't as active on the Internet if they are older, so they probably don't know about a madonna album/tour until she performs on a huge tv platform a la the superbowl.

JusKeepBreathin

Really? :rip: For my date, the sale was today and when I came in there was only red left (390$ tickets) and I tried to get tickets and hour before the sale time

​Which date was that?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

I feel like a madonna concert is an experience. Not something that you do a million times. A lot of her fans probably aren't as active on the Internet if they are older, so they probably don't know about a madonna album/tour until she performs on a huge tv platform a la the superbowl.

​That's kinda true. I'll agree, maybe they don't know about it yet. Especially the casual fans.

JusKeepBreathin

​Yes and no imo. I mean, she clearly knows that touring is where she makes major bank, so that fuels her to make an album, get some coins for it, then tour and make money. MDNA is the best example of an album just for the sake of a tour. I mean, the tour was basically a greatest hits tour with some MDNA in it. Rebel Heart, however, feels really cohesive and is a nice project so I suspect she was more into it and wanted to put it out

​She is obligated to go on tour by her all encompassing deal with Live Nation which included, I believe 3 concert tours. This is her last one to fill that obligation and one more album.

JusKeepBreathin

If I'm completely honest, the only leg that will fully sell out is the Australian leg since she hasn't toured here in 23 years. Those tickets will sell out in minutes. 

​Austrialia is not a hot market for our stars. Like Lady Gaga, Madonna's last album failed there too. MDNA was scheduled for Australia last time but she decided not to go to be close to her family. Australia has her own pop princess in Kylie Minogue. She never disappoints on tour like Madonna and Gaga. 

I love all three of them. I wish Kylie was bigger in the US though. Her albums and tours are so great.

Harry

Can mods please stop modifying OPs and thread titles without saying anything, at least? It's annoying, frustrating and rude. Thanks.

​Agreed. It's unprofessional and annoying how they delete/change things without even informing you.

willmcclure72

I don't get all these articles, i mean in a way its half M's fault for worrying about chart positions, sales ect but she is literally like the most successful woman in music ever. Like she has nothing to prove, she is a living legend and where lucky she is still here and making music. She can sell 1 copy of her next album and still have more impact than all of our faves combined. I'm going to be disgusted at the bandwagoning after she passes. 

AlphaMonster

I think this is not logical. they say that there are 1800 tickets left in madison square garden, then say it does not sell well.

Guys at least 6000 tickets have super ****ty views, like side views etc... it is normal that they do not sell out directly...  I am sure it will sell out... 

AlphaMonster

​She's only announced like 30 something shows for now and I'm sure it will gross at least 100M$+

​100 M$ ?? I think 250+M$ guarantee if she tours asia+australia... she can do stadium shows there too... 

If she decides to keep it longer, she can do a second europe leg just like sticky&sweet tour, I am sure it will sell out too.

AlphaMonster

There were articles like this when MDNA tour tickets were released too and we all know how that turned out in the end :thetea:

​THAT IS MY WORRY ! SHUT UP =D

I saw MDNA tour, it was gorgeous, I hope they do not decrease quality of production. And by the way, MDNA tour had only arena dates in us except for NYC.

And she is touring europe in the winter, she can't do stadiums there but S&S Tour had 2 european legs, you will never know, she can do a second european leg with stadiums. 

Also stadiums are easier to sell in europe since there are not many concerts in every country, people come to her concert from other cities. Plus, Tickets become less expensive since more is available, but also there are still lot more tickets(3 times more than arena), she makes more money again in the end... 

Archived