Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Official: Mariah Carey Signs with Epic Records

Valextra

Featured Posts

Valextra

mariah-butterfly.png

The singer returns to the Sony fold and reunites with Antonio "L.A." Reid.

The ink is dry on Mariah Carey's new recording contract with Epic Records, a spokesperson for the Sony label confirms.

As first reported by Billboard on Jan. 30, the singer is reteaming with Antonio "L.A." Reid for a multi-album deal that would begin with a greatest-hits set to coincide with her upcoming residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

Dubbed "#1's," the concert series booked by Creative Artists Agency begins May 6 and will include all 18 of Carey's Billboard Hot 100 chart-toppers, from 1990's "Vision of Love" to 2008's "Touch My Body." Likewise, her forthcoming album for Epic is expected to feature updates and possibly duets of her classic songs.

Although Carey left Sony some 15 years ago on tumultuous terms, there are plenty of reasons why rejoining makes sense now. Doug Morris, current chairman/CEO of Sony Music, brought Carey to Island Def Jam in 2003 when he was running Universal Music Group. It was there that Reid, then head of IDJ, oversaw her 2005 comeback, The Emancipation of Mimi. Finally, Joey Arbagey, a collaborator of Carey's during the making of the six-times platinum Mimi, is now executive vp A&R at Epic. Indeed, Carey is already recording new music in Los Angeles, says a source.

No word yet on a potential release date for her first Epic effort.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6495273/mariah-carey-signs-epic-records-no-1s

freebit

It's good that she seems to have the same people with her who helped with The Emancipation. Hopefully that bodes well for her to have a proper era. Epic has a bad reputation, but hopefully they won't drop the ball on her.

Valextra

It's good that she seems to have the same people with her who helped with The Emancipation. Hopefully that bodes well for her to have a proper era. Epic has a bad reputation, but hopefully they won't drop the ball on her.

​I was just checking their artists, basically Megan Trainor is the only successful one that they have right now :air: 

By the way it can't be worst of Island Def Jam, like they managed all the 'Me I am Mariah' project :sweep: , so I hope for good... 

freebit

​I was just checking their artists, basically Megan Trainor is the only successful one that they have right now :air: 

By the way it can't be worst of Island Def Jam, like they managed all the 'Me I am Mariah' project :sweep: , so I hope for good... 

​Yeah, the big joke whenever someone mentions them seems be "be Epic indeed." :rip:

IA that it can't possibly be any worse than how Elusive Chanteuse went. They would have to **** up BIG time for that to happen, lol.

FrankGutz

EPIC is a ****ing mess & probably the worst out there, i mean, they killed Christina Aguilera, oh well, slay me queen, hopefully she'll be fine

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Valextra

EPIC is a ****ing mess & probably the worst out there, i mean, they killed Christina Aguilera, oh well, slay me queen, hopefully she'll be fine

​Actually Xtina has never been part of Epic, but RCA...

With Epic Records Xtina has only the song with the A big great world that gave her a top10 hit and a grammy :) 

By the way I think that worst of the situation i which Mariah was, it can't be now.

They betta use Megan Trainor money for ha :gaycat: 

FrankGutz

​Actually Xtina has never been part of Epic, but RCA...

With Epic Records Xtina has only the song with the A big great world that gave her a top10 hit and a grammy :) 

By the way I think that worst of the situation i which Mariah was, it can't be now.

They betta use Megan Trainor money for ha :gaycat: 

​I always thought she was with Epic, omg, i've been living a lie for years :air:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Valextra

​I always thought she was with Epic, omg, i've been living a lie for years :air:

​They're both part of Sony like Jive (the one of Britney and Justin that now are on RCA too). 

Jennifer Lopez was with Epic for many years then she left... 

FrankGutz

​They're both part of Sony like Jive (the one of Britney and Justin that now are on RCA too). 

Jennifer Lopez was with Epic for many years then she left... 

​Oh, thanks for explaining that, well, hopefully this change will be good for Mariah

Archived