Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Ed Sheeran's crew called fans in the Philippines "monkeys"

Remus

Featured Posts

MANILA - British singer Ed Sherran arrived in Manila on board Cathay Pacific Airlines flight CX 919 around 4:50 p.m. for his sold-out concert at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City.

Manila International Airport Authority provided airport security to the 24-year-old and his entourage of 9 people as they disembarked the aircraft for easy facilitation through immigration and customs.

ed-031115.jpg

However, an unidentified companion of Sheeran prevented other passengers, airline personnel, and journalists from taking photos of the award-winning musician without permission while inside the office of the Bureau of Immigration.

The unidentified companion of Sheeran also shouted on top of his voice, calling some of the welcoming Filipino fans "monkeys."

Uniformed immigration officers, who heard of the racial remarks, confronted Sheeran's companion and demanded that he refrain from uttering discriminating remarks. They also reminded him that he can be barred from entering the country.

Sheeran's companion and other members of the entourage insisted that it was just an expression and that it meant no harm.

He has since apologized to the immigration personnel and the airport police.

Meanwhile, well-wishers became unruly as they saw Sheeran exit the arrival area through a "secret passageway" that led to the VIP parking area.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/03/11/15/ed-sheerans-crew-sorry-calling-fans-monkeys

Racism? I don't know what to say. It's hard not to think there is some form of racism there since that crew wouldn't say such a thing if these screaming fans are white. :shrug:

Too bad Ed Sheeran is respected in the Philippines for his song "Thinking Out Loud" which became a massive hit in the country.

SlayedForTheGod

idk that word can definitely be racists at times but sometimes its literally just a saying for people that are energetic or rambunctious. cause isnt that word primarily used as a slur aimed towards african americans? if he was meaning it in a racist way why would he be using it on Filipinos? 

RAMROD

I mean, that is such an IRONIC words to say by them when you see how their boss (Sheeran) look like. 

sulu.gif

What an unfortunate event.

Hope whoever that person is got penalty or fired. :fan: :yes: 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gaga Ate My Ass

idk that word can definitely be racists at times but sometimes its literally just a saying for people that are energetic or rambunctious. cause isnt that word primarily used as a slur aimed towards african americans? if he was meaning it in a racist way why would he be using it on Filipinos? 

Racist white ppl use it to describe asians too because of the eyes and flat fat. Asians and blacks win though because they age gracefully while some whites and latinos will age like spoiled milk.

​Because Filipinos are brown skinned people. Mariah Carey has had an issue back in the Philippines as well for calling a local singer a 'brown singing monkey" not sure if this is actually true as there were no video proofs of it) So it really can be used as a slur towards people with darker skin tone. :shrug:

SlayedForTheGod

​Because Filipinos are brown skinned people.

​i guess its just me but ive never been called a monkey. maybe if the guy who said it was from the uk. idk maybe the racists over there are different.

Melech

Racist white ppl use it to describe asians too because of the eyes and flat fat. Asians and blacks win though because they age gracefully while some whites and latinos will age like spoiled milk.

Now you are not even better than racist people. #justsayin

Prismatic

I mean, that is such an IRONIC words to say by them when you see how their boss (Sheeran) look like. 

sulu.gif

What an unfortunate event.

Hope whoever that person is got penalty or fired. :fan: :yes: 

​This. Have they taken a lot at their boss :awkney: 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Gaga Ate My Ass

Now you are not even better than racist people. #justsayin

Your avatar reminds me of when people cant swallow and have to run to the bathroom.

Melech

Your avatar reminds me of when people cant swallow and have to run to the bathroom.

️And i'm proud of it

Archived