đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ellie Goulding covers Take Me to Church (and slays)

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

Paper Planes

it's not good, her voice borderline sounds like someone singing it while imitating Donald Duck especially during "I" sounds. Her saying "life" is more nasally than a Britney reject

​Spewing negativity in every Ellie thread you find. Doing the work of the Lord. Praise you good sis

delete it fat

Paper Planes

​Sis, have you only heard Burn or something. Burn is autotuned, but her other songs aren't (well one other one on Bright Lights is but it was on purpose to make it more "artistic".)

Anyways, now I actually can listen to this song. I could not listen to the original.

​A lot of the vocals on Lights/Bright Lights have clearly been manipulated, but I still love them. The lead stem of Lights in particular definitely sounds edited, but the backing vocals don't...

The entirety of Halcyon, Outside, and LMLYD sound much more like her natural voice imo and I love it :flutter:

delete it fat

GagaMyBlood95

Hozier's vocals are amazing! This is not an improvement...it's just a simple cover. 

​Absolutely agree :applause:

Tove Lo

​A lot of the vocals on Lights/Bright Lights have clearly been manipulated, but I still love them. The lead stem of Lights in particular definitely sounds edited, but the backing vocals don't...

The entirety of Halcyon, Outside, and LMLYD sound much more like her natural voice imo and I love it :flutter:

​Manipulated yes, but I don't think "autotuned" to sound better. Edited maybe to sound cooler.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Paper Planes

​Manipulated yes, but I don't think "autotuned" to sound better. Edited maybe to sound cooler.

​Most definitely. I think the vocal editing fit better with the overall sound of the album. I just like that she is moving towards using her natural voice in studio recordings.

delete it fat

Ellie is definitely the Queen of covers. Her voice sounds really different here. Glad she showed us this side :)

Betty Who

I love how her voice takes primary precedence here :flutter: Now I'm even more excited for her album this year!

Emvee

Why does Ellie Goulding cover so much? Nvm I don't care. 

Ive always kind of disliked her voice. Original is better.

Jacob Marley

No...Absolutely not.

Hozier has pain and depth in his voice. i love me some Ellie, but...well, she doesn't.

Psychedelic

Prefer Hozier version

​

She lacks soul :sweat: I just love the original too much! 

​

Archived