💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adele's New Album - Damper on LG5 Success?

ARTPOPchamp

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Am I the only one thinking this next 25 album won't be all that? I mean...the single choices and hype made her a huge sucess, but I don't know...something tells me she went for a different "sound" and it won't work AGAIN.

Gaga is coming with the fire of a Phoenix! RedOne masterpieces, new management (C2C-esque ridiculous promo), and the GP now seeming to be on a neutral platform again...it's the perfect conditions for Gaga to have a HUGE album era!

Adele will still be played, but Gaga will be getting more attention I feel. 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BULATIO

It would be great if Gaga was in the album Adele, and in the album Gaga - Adele!

Assist each other :fthis:

StrawberryBlond

By the time Adele's album gets released it'll have been 4.5 years or more since she's released an album. Such albums always experience a massive drop in sales and in the artist's popularity. Hype can be a blessing and a curse and it's usually impossible to live up to. Now with acoustic music being in and ballad artists like Sam Smith making their mark, Adele no longer stands out or provides an insight we haven't already heard. I looked up all the bestselling albums (20 million copies worldwide or more) and it was the same story with very few exceptions: artists who released a follow up to their biggest success within 1-2 years suffered very small sales drops and those who waited 3 years or more experienced huge drops. The bigger the gap between albums, the bigger the drop. Alanis Morrissette sold just under 15 million copies of Jagged Little Pill in the US alone but her follow up 3 years later only sold 2.6 million there. And that was in the album boom of the 90's, before the digital age and illegal downloading. And even a small gap doesn't mean success. Norah Jones released a follow up to Come Away With Me just under 2 years later and fell from 11 million copies in the US to just 4.6 million. It sold 10 million worldwide - a whopping 15 million drop since her last album. Like I said, this was less than 2 years after her biggest success.

People move on fast. But every time there's another big music phenomenon, they forget about the last one and how that turned out. It's no wonder some artists never want to be bestsellers as it can be the kiss of death. The lower sellers ironically tend to have very steady sales over their career as opposed to being on top then falling to rock bottom.

LeoFameMonster

I don't see this happening. If anything, the long gap between releases and lack of public awareness will damper 25. 

​I don't know..... when the single gets released it will bring a ton of awareness. If it is just like 21 then the long gap will have been very beneficial because no one wants to buy 21 with a different tittle 25. I think the long gap is good she was huge and very over played so it is good for the 4 yr gap. Only bad thing is that there are so many slow/ sad songs out that are getting tons of air play and it could damage her success if her albums content is like 21. I just hope Gaga's album and hers aren't released in the same award qualifications year because there goes all the awards str8 into adele's hands. 

Dorothy Gale

​I don't know..... when the single gets released it will bring a ton of awareness. If it is just like 21 then the long gap will have been very beneficial because no one wants to buy 21 with a different tittle 25. I think the long gap is good she was huge and very over played so it is good for the 4 yr gap. Only bad thing is that there are so many slow/ sad songs out that are getting tons of air play and it could damage her success if her albums content is like 21. I just hope Gaga's album and hers aren't released in the same award qualifications year because there goes all the awards str8 into adele's hands. 

I have heard rumors that Adele's new music is more upbeat. She described it as lively I believe.

Adele's 25 is going to be released earlier than Gaga's next album. It wouldn't matter anyhow...25 is going to eclipse anyone and everyone.

​Agreed. Even if it does not end up outselling 21 (which would be the case), the new album is still expected to outsell 80% (or more) of the top-selling albums of the decade so far anyway. 4 million+ in SoundScan sales shouldn't be a problem for Adele, given the magnitude of media hype over the next one, her credibility as a singer-songwriter, and the record label's desire to sell as much as they can with this follow-up to 21.

So yeah, it doesn't really matter if both of them would release their new albums during the same year, or close to each other. And it shouldn't because Adele would not compete with anyone in particular but herself. Same with Gaga. It wouldn't be Gaga vs. Adele, or *insert other artist's name* vs. Adele. It'd be more like Adele's 21 vs. her new album, at least among the ones who'd quickly go for comparisons once the new album of Adele is released. 

LeoFameMonster

I have heard rumors that Adele's new music is more upbeat. She described it as lively I believe.

​Oh nice that would be really interesting to hear. I wonder how it will be received by her "fans"

XoXoJoanneGaga

There's no way 25 won't be huge simply cause the whole industry will be behind her. First week sales and the lead single will smash. But it probably won't have the longevity of 21, I doubt anyone could pull that off twice especially after a long break. If Gaga releases at least a couple of months after 25 I don't think there'll be any eclipsing going on. I wouldn't be surprised if she got an Adele feat. either.

Bradley

Hurricane Adele, I'm so afraid of her success, she is the biggest threat for Gaga tbh.

​What about Katy?

freebit

Why are we fear mongering about Adele? Adele and Gaga are so different. The only time I've heard them be compared is when I started using pop forums.

I doubt they'll be releasing the same week or even month. If Gaga's album reasonates with the public it will do fine and have time to shine.

Archived