💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

It's official: "Blurred lines" is a rip-off

Coop

Featured Posts

Coop

Robin Thicke's mega-hit "Blurred Lines" ripped off Marvin Gaye's own #1 hit "Got to Give It Up" -- that's the ruling that just came down from the jury in downtown L.A.  

Robin and the song's producer Pharrell Wiliams are now on the hook for $7.3 million to Marvin's family because the jury found they infringed on the Gaye copyright for his 1977 hit.​

The jury ruled T.I. -- who raps on 'Blurred' -- was NOT responsible for the copyright infringement. 

As we previously reported ... Marvin Gaye's kids first sued Thicke back in 2013 for allegedly ripping off the song ... which was #1 on Billboard for 12 weeks in 2013. 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/10/pharrell-williams-robin-thicke-stole-blurred-lines-marvin-gaye-song-wins-court/#ixzz3U1QoqLS0

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustPokeHerFace

That song really turned out to be a curse more than a blessing. 

wait... i thought it was sampled :flop: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Pure Adrenaline

lol all the money the song gave him now will go to another person ..... too bad he aint got more hits to back him up :gaycat: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Zilla

And they should be forced to pay back the lawyer fees when thicke tried to sue the Gaye family saying he didn't copy the song :roll: 

justice served tbh

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Jewels n Drugs

Poor robin can't afford that after Paula :gaycat: 

​:giggle:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Fizzy

And they should be forced to pay back the lawyer fees when thicke tried to sue the Gaye family saying he didn't copy the song :roll: 

justice served tbh

I was reading its background.  It states that they wanted to make something like gOt To Give it Up and also credited Marvin as a writer on the song?

like Nicki did with Anaconda and Baby Got Back?

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Archived