celeb

Interviewer to Madonna: "Thank you for not duetting with Tony Bennett"

Vernier

Featured Posts

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Donatello

This interview is already heavily edited, could Madonna not have requested they take that bit out?

The only person the interviewer was being rude to was Tony Bennett, not Madonna. And she did nothing about it. Everyone is like 'wow Madonna handled that so well', just because she did not make another reductive comment. Are we going to praise her every time she gets through an interview without attacking Gaga? Save it for when she actually does something positive.  Madonna left that in to stir up little monsters.

Princess Die

If Madonna is over a fued, then hun it's time to let go. :toofunny: 

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

Princess Die

LMAO she couldn't sing with Tony Bennett if she wanted to

Bitter much?

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

Psychedelic

This interview is already heavily edited, could Madonna not have requested they take that bit out?

The only person the interviewer was being rude to was Tony Bennett, not Madonna. And she did nothing about it. Everyone is like 'wow Madonna handled that so well', just because she did not make another reductive comment. Are we going to praise her every time she gets through an interview without attacking Gaga? Save it for when she actually does something positive.  Madonna left that in to stir up little monsters.

Mar0920152331tonybennet.gif

​OMG! I can't handle the amount of drama in this post

Dude, let's admit if she had done something "postive" like calling out the interviewer or something in that style, some people would be like "she's trying to clean the mess she made a few years ago so her album will sell better". People like you always find something to complain about when they dislike someone. 

Sugarfall

LMAO she couldn't sing with Tony Bennett if she wanted to

​She has already recorded a full Jazz album tho :legend: 

Yanko

​:lmao::lmao: 

------------------------

on topic: the interviews is really stupid and dumb 

​I love Madonna but what is this mess :air:

​lmfao her vocals are atrocious. Lady Gaga truly is so much better and so much more talented. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

StrawberryBlond

Wow, some stretch and some s**t stirring from that interviewer. We're still that desperate to add more fuel to the fire of this feud, huh? How did the interviewer know if Madonna liked Tony or not? For all we know, he could be one of her favourite artists and she's just insulted her taste. Never before have I heard such a blatant attempt to entice a celebrity into bad-mouthing someone. Not only was it an insult to Gaga, it was an insult to Tony as well. It was like saying "I see you've worked with young, relevant people on this album, just as well it wasn't old relics like Tony Bennett." It shows that ageism can indeed work both ways. Considering Madonna created a retro jazz/swing album in the form of I'm Breathless back in the 90's (which included a duet with a man 21 years older than her), I don't think praising her for not working with Tony was the right thing to say as it sounds like Madonna would have loved his type of art.

Glad to see Madonna really has moved on from this drama and doesn't even take the opportunity to bring up Gaga even when it's gift wrapped for her. I'm liking her a whole lot more this era.

Psychedelic

​lmfao her vocals are atrocious. Lady Gaga truly is so much better and so much more talented. 

​That's well known and has been repeatedly said many times before. Bringing it up again just gives a sense of insecurity :awkney:

At the end of the day Madonna has achieved as much and even more than talented singers and that's because she has relied on her own hard work and cleverness rather than on something that your parents, nature, genetics or whatever God you believe in give you for granted when you are born talented.

darkwolf

​She didn't really do it to show her "vocals", she was just having fun on stage with the RHC singer. And she was obviously a little drunk :madge:

Wow, some stretch and some s**t stirring from that interviewer. We're still that desperate to add more fuel to the fire of this feud, huh? How did the interviewer know if Madonna liked Tony or not? For all we know, he could be one of her favourite artists and she's just insulted her taste. Never before have I heard such a blatant attempt to entice a celebrity into bad-mouthing someone. Not only was it an insult to Gaga, it was an insult to Tony as well. It was like saying "I see you've worked with young, relevant people on this album, just as well it wasn't old relics like Tony Bennett." It shows that ageism can indeed work both ways. Considering Madonna created a retro jazz/swing album in the form of I'm Breathless back in the 90's (which included a duet with a man 21 years older than her), I don't think praising her for not working with Tony was the right thing to say as it sounds like Madonna would have loved his type of art.

Glad to see Madonna really has moved on from this drama and doesn't even take the opportunity to bring up Gaga even when it's gift wrapped for her. I'm liking her a whole lot more this era.

​I think it's also insulting to Madonna herself. The interviewer implies that Tony is too old, and gaga shouldn't have collaborated with him. That's the thing Madonna hates the most right now. She's lucky Madge didn't turn that interview into hell :derpga:

Kayla

I love Madonna's speaking voice :flutter:

​Me too. :) 

I'm skeptical about her, but she does give good interviews. 

That interviewer tho
k0Hf30F.gif

• Admin unfeatured this topic

Archived