đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Vienna, Austria - WINNER: SWEDEN!

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

​First of all, this thread is about the ESC, it's stupid to bring up the Israel-Palestine conflict up now since we obviously stand on opposite sites.

Full of radicals? Yes it is. Full of religious radicals. It'd be stupid to compare a fact with a stereotype that Irish are drunk. It's not a secret that due to the lack of education in Palestine, extremist religious leaders can attract the population. And never mind that disappearing of the Christian population there due to Islaminzation. 

No I don't et why you think that every Isareli think the same as Netanyahu. I personally don't really agree with him and I wished that the left-wing party won. Another thing is that Israel is culturally close to Europe and is actually a Western country with Western ideals while Palestine is clearly not. 

Two wrong things don't make one right. I don't agree with the participating of Azerbaijan as well due to the deny of the horrible genocide of Armenians. 

I don't see how Palestine, a totally culturally not related region, should participate there. They should focus on their problems like education or building up infrastructure than focusing on a Song contest which is only about politics anyway. 

​I'll start at the bottom; clearly entering into the ESC is not going to be of any priority to Palestine; but do remember there is an Israeli/Egyptian blockade of Gaza limiting it building up infrastructure but that's entirely besides the point. 

I don't think every Israeli thinks the same as their leader nor did I even imply that was the case; I've put it clearly that that's their leader's opinion. Just like in Gaza's case; it is the leader's actions that are causing problems; they are the radicals. "Full of" suggests that all or the majority of Palestinians are "radicals" as you put it - do you seriously believe that the majority of people in Palestine would not prefer peace over their current state inflicted upon them by others? 

You're right that Israel shares more culturally to Europe than Palestine, but Eurovision is surely about celebrating cultural diversity; which is why it would be interesting for the contest. "We obviously stand on opposite sides" imply you believe that we're the only two people on the thread which is clearly not the case. I don't care if people share my views; but it's my view that a Palestinian entry would be progress in the direction of peace for both regions. Aside from politics (which can't be excluded from Eurovision; it's odd to think otherwise) I think an Arab entry would be interesting for the diversity of the show and Palestine (or Jordan) make the most sense in that regard :shrug: . It was your choice to take the discussion further than that but I'll leave it there.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please keep the politics out of this thread. It doesn't belong in Eurovision.

​I've stopped now; sorry :sweat:

Melech

Please keep the politics out of this thread. It doesn't belong in Eurovision.

​thanks! 

Bellatrix

​I've stopped now; sorry :sweat:

​It's ok :hug:

On topic, I'd support the idea of Palestine in Eurovision. The whole point of Eurovision is to forget about the politics and conflicts and unite people with music. So if a broadcaster in Palestine can get a EBU membership, then why not? :)

Melech

On topic, I'd support the idea of Palestine in Eurovision. The whole point of Eurovision is to forget about the politics and conflicts and unite people with music. So if a broadcaster in Palestine can get a EBU membership, then why not? :)

​

That's a nice thought that will never work though :flop: 

Bellatrix

​

That's a nice thought that will never work though :flop: 

Not with that attitude ;) 

Melech

Not with that attitude ;) 

​Countries will always block vote. It's not a secret. :shrug: 

Bellatrix

​Countries will always block vote. It's not a secret. :shrug: 

​I know that, but a country shouldn't be stopped from participating just because it's in a conflict with another country.

I agree; music and sport events do a lot more for unity, peace and the like than we give them credit for :flutter:

Melech

​I know that, but a country shouldn't be stopped from participating just because it's in a conflict with another country.

It's like saying catalonia Should get an entry

Pain of fame1

​

They're my absolute #1 this year! 

​I know right? Edurne is so good and the song is powerfull. Do you think it could reach Top 3? Or there are better ones? ( i have listeneds to few entriees but spain remains my favourite)

monsterdreams

​I know right? Edurne is so good and the song is powerfull. Do you think it could reach Top 3? Or there are better ones? ( i have listeneds to few entriees but spain remains my favourite)

She could get top 5 hopefully 

with great staging and great vocals it could do very well indeed

Just hope people don't vote for her cause they think she's gonna do well (and hopefully Sweden don't create a points vacuum, they are SO overrated) 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

• Jase pinned this topic
  • Jase locked, unpinned, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived