đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rebel Heart Metacritic Score: 69

Klou

Featured Posts

5 reviews have been added and the score has jumped from 68 to 70. Madonna fans should be happy because anything over 70 is considered very good :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

Da kween showin' dem peasants how it's done.... get dat critical acclaim biootch :legend:

Sugarfall

YES! :lgbt: If it's not a commercial success at least we can say it's a critical one :hor: 

Jenniferella

​I couldn't agree more. I'm a huge Madonna fan, and to me this is one of her worst albums. But hey, I still bought it so whatevs.

Surprisingly, I did enjoy MDNA quite a lot - don't really understand why that's the one who got most of the heat. I actually thought Rebel Heart would get terrible reviews. I'll admit that getting the demos early on probably was a disservice.

​I think the same. When I heard people saying this was going to be one of her best albums I ran to download the final leak and I was so disappointed ! I really can't find a song that truly surpasses the others (except maybe Veni Vidi Vici but I find the chorus to be weak, Addicted (demo) and WAOM piano demo), a lot of silly songs in there... Of course there are songs that I like but overall it's a letdown. The thing that bugs me the most is the production. Like...wth ? What were they trying to do ?...

Edit : And yes, I think MDNA was a better album. I'm Addicted is a KILLER song, I still get goosebumps when I listen to it sometimes

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Prismatic

Proved me wrong Queen MDNE

​Fixed :hug: 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

elijahfan

​I think the same. When I heard people saying this was going to be one of her best albums I ran to download the final leak and I was so disappointed ! I really can't find a song that truly surpasses the others (except maybe Veni Vidi Vici but I find the chorus to be weak, Addicted (demo) and WAOM piano demo), a lot of silly songs in there... Of course there are songs that I like but overall it's a letdown. The thing that bugs me the most is the production. Like...wth ? What were they trying to do ?...

Edit : And yes, I think MDNA was a better album. I'm Addicted is a KILLER song, I still get goosebumps when I listen to it sometimes

​Right, the record feels really empty and sounds dated to me. I listened to Confessions on a Dancefloor again recently and totally felt like "DAMN, that's what a good record sounds like". Rebel Heart is all over the place and seems pretty uninspired. Even the best songs have an uninspired dimension, like Holy Water with the same old s-xual themes and the Vogue sample. I mean..... She also sampled Justify My Love in another one. When you start quoting yourself repeatedly, I'm not sure that's a good sign.

I agree on I'm Addicted. I remember back then when people were bashing MDNA, I kept repeating that if I'm Addicted was a Gaga song, everyone would be hysterical about it.

​Right, the record feels really empty and sounds dated to me. I listened to Confessions on a Dancefloor again recently and totally felt like "DAMN, that's what a good record sounds like". Rebel Heart is all over the place and seems pretty uninspired. Even the best songs have an uninspired dimension, like Holy Water with the same old s-xual themes and the Vogue sample. I mean..... She also sampled Justify My Love in another one. When you start quoting yourself repeatedly, I'm not sure that's a good sign.

I agree on I'm Addicted. I remember back then when people were bashing MDNA, I kept repeating that if I'm Addicted was a Gaga song, everyone would be hysterical about it.

​Even though I enjoy Rebel Heart, I do agree that it's more of the same ol things she's been doing before.

Confessions sounded FRESH and ORIGINAL. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Psychedelic

Just listened to the album, and it's the same songs that we heard when the SuperDeluxe version leaked with Autotune Baby and Queen but with new vocals, and believe me, it's quite an improvement. Some songs felt as they were being remixed in the leaked demos but with the new vocals music and voice blend in perfectly, she also sounds more honest when she sings. The album flows effortlessly, no wonder why it's getting so much praise!

Archived