đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry visits Auschwitz

Dolev

Featured Posts

I feel like the air must bo se heavy there, all the attrocities that happened there freak me out tbh

Yep. I Couldn't go there. Family members died there

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the air must bo se heavy there, all the attrocities that happened there freak me out tbh

Unfortunately the air is heavy with genocide virtually everywhere. Australia, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Europe have all had instances of genocide on a scale similar to that of the Nazi's Holocaust. It's tragic and will likely never stop. 

Unfortunately the air is heavy with genocide virtually everywhere. Australia, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Europe have all had instances of genocide on a scale similar to that of the Nazi's Holocaust. It's tragic and will likely never stop. 

YEP things like this are still going on, ISIS for example

Yep. I Couldn't go there. Family members died there

I'm sorry :(

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

LoveandMagic

Is Auschwitz the most famous because of the showers? I thought they had showers at all the camps? Apparently I need to do my research...

I remember in middle school we spent a few weeks studying the Holocaust. Grisly stuff. I remember (maybe it was this camp) at one place the invading army (Americans?) marched the German citizens of the nearby village to the camps to bury the dead. I don't think the villagers knew just quite how bad it was in those camps. It seemed everyone was so scared, but that very few knew just how horrible those camps were. It hurts my heart so bad when I read tales from the survivors. To think that a person would be so willing, and even take some pleasure, in doing that to another person or whole swaths of people. And it wasn't just the Holocaust. All over the world such things happen still, whether it's human trafficking or guerilla warfare or terrorism. It's just sickens me when people are dehumanized in such a way, and the victims become just another number. 

I do think this was done for the PR but I can't help but feel that Katy was also probably affected from physically being there. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

StrawberryBlond

Genuine reaction, I'm sure, not so genuine timing. Katy's all about fun and laughs when she posts photos online, she never posts serious stuff like this. So, it must be damage control for her previous Italy escapades. There's no way she would have posted this normally. If we don't see any more photos from her European travels, I'll say without a shadow of a doubt that this was indeed damage control.

Is Auschwitz the most famous because of the showers? I thought they had showers at all the camps? Apparently I need to do my research...

The prisoners of Auschwitz specifically were told that they were being sent in to be showered and de-loused, with some even given soap and a towel. But what looked like a communal shower room was actually a gas chamber and they were locked in and gassed to death in minutes. Horrific what humanity once did. And not all that long ago too.

It's called PR and damage control :thetea:

:reductive:

If any place in the world feels haunted, I bet its there.

LoveandMagic

Genuine reaction, I'm sure, not so genuine timing. Katy's all about fun and laughs when she posts photos online, she never posts serious stuff like this. So, it must be damage control for her previous Italy escapades. There's no way she would have posted this normally. If we don't see any more photos from her European travels, I'll say without a shadow of a doubt that this was indeed damage control.

The prisoners of Auschwitz specifically were told that they were being sent in to be showered and de-loused, with some even given soap and a towel. But what looked like a communal shower room was actually a gas chamber and they were locked in and gassed to death in minutes. Horrific what humanity once did. And not all that long ago too.

Thanks for the information! I think I remember reading a book written by a survivor of Auschwitz (He was a pre-teen at the time, I think). I remember reading that they were stripped and examined and then separated into two groups, one group being selected for immediate extermination. And of course I heard about the experiments, though I think they were done in another camp. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived