Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way is criminally overrated by this fan base.

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

People drag BTW for it's cover...Judas as a single...the message being too "corny", "preachy"....the messy outfits during the era...etc

Very few people praise it besides some of the songs :shrug:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Judas is rehash of Bad Romance, and I also clearly remember almost all of the fans claiming ARTPOP topped all her other work when it first leaked, and then a lot of people's stories changed when it got dubbed a flop. As for Born This Way, it's a great album, but for me, it's not her best. There are a lot of unnecessary tracks imo, and I think the album goes on for too long. It's very loud and tiring to listen to. I love it, but it is. And people praise Born This Way and then call ARTPOP overproduced when Born This Way is inarguably her most overproduced album. It works with the feel of the album, but just because it works doesn't mean it's not overproduced. ARTPOP is her cleanest album, production-wise, along with The Fame.

For me, The Fame Monster > ARTPOP > Born This Way > The Fame.

People drag BTW for it's cover...Judas as a single...the message being too "corny", "preachy"....the messy outfits during the era...etc

Very few people praise it besides some of the songs :shrug:

I usually see nothing but praise from people here. Every since the ARTPOP era, most people here have been saying Born This Way is their favorite album.

I feel like BTW is in the middle when comparing it to TFM and ARTPOP.

Everyone loves TFM the most. Many hate ARTPOP, and BTW is smack dead in the middle. I don't know where TF is placed. 

giskardsb

BTW was Gaga's dark electro pop rock masterwork. It's not perfect but none of her albums are. For some reason its the GGD trend now to try to blame BTW for all of Gagas ills.

Gaga is experimental. Most pop stars would have milked the sound of TF/M until the cow was beyond dry. She chose to put a new sound out and also trumpet some civil causes. Many pop fans couldn't deal with raw dark rock edge. Musically though it's her best album imo. It has the most mature and interesting productions, and Rock fans can certainly hear her influences.

Gaga's career is much more interesting and varied because she changes things up. Katy can have her boring plastic #1s, I'm here for whatever artistic mood Gaga is in whether it results in commercial success or not. Every album has songs I add to my favorites yet they all sound quite different. That makes all the albums successful as far as I am concerned.

Musically, BTW is pretty stellar. Definitely a better album from a musical standpoint than ARTPOP, no question about it. Personally, I like ARTPOP more, but BTW was great too. Her two most recent albums are both better than TF and TFM.

• 2 months later...
Dorothy Gale

I think a lot of it has to do with success, whether we want to admit it or not. Born This Way was considered her least best album by many, many fans during and after its era, simply because, although it pulled great numbers, it hearkened a drop in her popularity. When ARTPOP came out, as you noticed, everyone and their mother seemed to loved. And I mean love it. Why? I theorize it's because it's a throw back to her former imagery, sounds, and aesthetics from The Fame and The Fame Monster, with an updated 2013 ARTPOP twist of its own of course, thus implying a rebirth of her immense popularity of the time. However, once the era started going (AKA stopped), the love for the album also stopped. And that's when the sudden love for Born This Way started (in my opinion). There are of course fans that did and do love both ARTPOP and Born This Way solely for their material, but I can't help but feel that the ARTPOP era, through its messiness, really brightened up Born This Way's image for many. There's nothing wrong with that necessarily, but it does irk me (especially considering ARTPOP is my favorite album) that people almost insist on trashing ARTPOP and discrediting its fans for seemingly no reason.

:thetea: 

Yanko

this si why nobody likes ARTPOPists

i  dislike hair bad kids and born this ways 

the rest of the album is fantastic lyrics are meaningful unlike ARTPOP which you love so much 

Pop Art

-

Yepiz92

I've always said btw is her best album so... no its not overrated.

Archived