💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way is criminally overrated by this fan base.

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

And the other comparisons I said don't matter because?

What is similar about Bloody Mary and Mary Jane Holland? Do what u want is slow, but ARTPOP could be called a so happy I could die rehash if that's the standard.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G.U.Y. is a rehash of LoveGame not Poker Face

Meh, to each their own.  But I hear 'Poker Face' than 'LoveGame'.  Even my friend who doesn't really like Gaga, I played "G.U.Y." for him the first time and he said "This sounds like Poker Face" and I kinda agree with him.  The verses to both songs are similar, and "I wanna be the girl, under you" at the beginning sounds like "I'm on the EDGE, of Glory!"

Spyro the Dragon

XoXoJoanneGaga

What is similar about Bloody Mary and Mary Jane Holland? Do what u want is slow, but ARTPOP could be called a so happy I could die rehash if that's the standard.

Speaking of ARTPOP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgT_us6AsDg

Tove Lo

I think its impact is undeniable but it's one of the worst produced albums by a main pop girl ever. It just seems rushed and unfinished. Mainly Garibay's fault.

What, if anything the production on ARTPOP is terrible and I blame DJWS.

hop on that **** like a maniac

DrewStevens

giphy.gif

ARTPOP is good but never as good as Born This Way. 

EDIT: Applause, Do What U Want and Gypsy slay but the other tracks could have been better. The production in ARTPOP was very empty and cold. The production in BTW is way better. 

Ok maybe I stretched with MJH comparisons... but I wasn't going because the songs were slow (I mean, why not Dope while we're at it?).  You can basically sing "do what u want with my body, say what you want about me, if you're wondering I'm not sorry" to "happy in the club with a bottle of red wine, stars on our eyes cause we're having a good time".  It's basically almost the same tune.  

Spyro the Dragon

I know PLENTY of fans that dislike BTW still to this day. It just depends on who you ask. 

I loved ARTPOP in the beginning but it just got old really fast. The songs didn't have the longevity of much of her older material and the more I began to notice flawed production and how much better half the music sounded in demo form (Aura) or live (Sexxx Dreams), it just became even worse for me. It isn't just a matter of "Oh it's cool to dislike ARTPOP now because it 'flopped'." Just like ARTPOP did for me, the album probably lost its charm with a lot of people.

Not only that, everything surrounding ARTPOP was just underwhelming. The failed app was a glaring underwhelming factor. Also the way ARTPOP was hyped to be some magnificent magnum opus of art ingenuity but then ended up being pretty run-of-the-mill pop music hiding behind big ideas that it couldn't back up.

However, to this very day, BTW still sounds fresh to me and I don't dislike a single song on it. The idea of BTW is also simple and universal. She absolutely delivered with BTW. In the end though, it's just a matter of opinion so why make a fuss about it? I personally believe BTW gets the proper rating among the fanbase.

This comparison astounds me, what exactly is similar? (I'm not attacking your view, I'm trying to understand this :wtf: )

I probably reached for that one. :rip: But the rest I stand by.

Spyro the Dragon

Morphine Prince

BTW is her best album, so no. 

When ARTPOP came out I debated for a few months which was the best album and came to the conclusion BTW was. ARTPOP is catchier but it lacks that "feeling" BTW has. Both great albums though. If anything BTW is now getting the praise it rightfully deserves after being bashed by this fan base. This ALWAYS happens. Bookmark me, when the new album comes out, fans will praise ARTPOP more than they bash it now. It would be a miracle if this didn't happen. 

Dorothy Gale

Ok maybe I stretched with MJH comparisons... but I wasn't going because the songs were slow (I mean, why not Dope while we're at it?).  You can basically sing "do what u want with my body, say what you want about me, if you're wondering I'm not sorry" to "happy in the club with a bottle of red wine, stars on our eyes cause we're having a good time".  It's basically almost the same tune.

I think it's good that gaga is working with Diane Warren tbf. She's a talented songwriter, but her melodies aren't always the most original.

I think it's good that gaga is working with Diane Warren tbf. She's a talented songwriter, but her melodies aren't always the most original.

O..k..? :rip:

Spyro the Dragon

What, if anything the production on ARTPOP is terrible and I blame DJWS.

Why tho? You can't blame DJWS for the album being overproduced because Born This Way has that same problem. That's Gaga's fault. At least ARTPOP's production is clean and detailed while Born This Way is just a mess. I have to say Born This Way has some really great songs like the title track, TEOG, You and I, Scheisse, Marry The Night and Heavy Metal Lover. But the production could ha been way better. Also the other half of the album is just tragic.

Notthebling

How can anyone judge if something is under or overrated.

If the majority of the fanbase likes and prefer this album, thats doesn't mean they're overrarting it.

Maybe it's ultimately the ones who are dragging it by saying it's overrated that are indeed underrating it.

See.

What a useless debate. :lolly:

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

Archived