Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Various celeb reaction tweets to Gaga's stunning Oscars performance

Enhsa

Featured Posts

MikeGoneGaga

Frenchie Davis @frenchiedavis  ·  17h 17 hours ago

MA'AM?!???? That lyric soprano Broadway Realness Lady Gaga served us?!? So long. Farewell. I hate to say goodnight. Life received. #Oscars

Frenchie Davis @frenchiedavis  ·  16h 16 hours ago

Bitch! Lady Gaga just reminded the children that like books and black lives, vocal technique MATTERS. TECHNIQUE, hunty! Get u some! #Oscars

frenchiedavis

Frenchie Davis · @frenchiedavis

23rd Feb 2015 from TwitLonger

There is a reason that all artistic people have their own particular lanes. I'm a singer with classical training so I may not jump to critique a ballet dancer as quickly as I would a singer because singing, I KNOW! Having said that, I think if ANY NON SINGER show biz person is failing to recognize and/or respect the LEGIT lyric soprano Broadway Realness Gaga served us last night, they should stay in their lane and leave all musical conversation to those who know of which they speak. Because Gaga proved that she is not just a pop vocalist. She gave us technique and schooled SEVERAL singers, including the one some of yall thought shoulda sang instead of her. Her performance was extremely respectful to the genre/style and Julie Andrews looked proud! Sit. Down. #TheHillsAreAliveBitches!

13500273141218.gif

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thehanyo

This article is my favorite so far.

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/23/8094069/oscars-2015-lady-gaga-performance

People were surprised at Lady Gaga's great voice at the Oscars. They shouldn't have been.

... She was phenomenal. Throughout the entire performance, she only moved to dramatically lift her skirt or throw an arm out to the side. The focus of the audience, for once, was on her voice. 
...But Gaga has always been an incredible musician and vocalist. Her talent isn't new  it was discounted because many people didn't like or understand her style of artistic expression.

TRUTH TEA EVERYWHERE!!!!

MA'AM?!???? That lyric soprano Broadway Realness Lady Gaga served us?!? So long. Farewell. I hate to say goodnight. Life received. #Oscars

Bitch! Lady Gaga just reminded the children that like books and black lives, vocal technique MATTERS. TECHNIQUE, hunty! Get u some! #Oscars

frenchiedavis

There is a reason that all artistic people have their own particular lanes. I'm a singer with classical training so I may not jump to critique a ballet dancer as quickly as I would a singer because singing, I KNOW! Having said that, I think if ANY NON SINGER show biz person is failing to recognize and/or respect the LEGIT lyric soprano Broadway Realness Gaga served us last night, they should stay in their lane and leave all musical conversation to those who know of which they speak. Because Gaga proved that she is not just a pop vocalist.

She gave us technique and schooled SEVERAL singers, including the one some of yall thought shoulda sang instead of her. Her performance was extremely respectful to the genre/style and Julie Andrews looked proud! Sit. Down. #TheHillsAreAliveBitches!

Frenchie Davis gets it :applause:

The bolded in the last paragraph means you, Shonda Rhimes. :later:

Love Trumps Hate

monketsharona

The lack of pop star comments can only mean one thing...

PRESSED

They can stay pressed, they wanted Lady Gaga over, it won't happen anytime soon.

The thing that makes me laugh is that Madonna congratulated Katy Perry and her bad vocal performance on Super Bowl and nothing for Gaga : the proof she considers Gaga as a threat. She can stay pressed with her top 300 LFL ^^

Tony:

https://twitter.com/itstonybennett/status/570001882619338752

:applause: Thank you for truly believing in her, Tony.

nathantj594

frenchiedavis

There is a reason that all artistic people have their own particular lanes. I'm a singer with classical training so I may not jump to critique a ballet dancer as quickly as I would a singer because singing, I KNOW! Having said that, I think if ANY NON SINGER show biz person is failing to recognize and/or respect the LEGIT lyric soprano Broadway Realness Gaga served us last night, they should stay in their lane and leave all musical conversation to those who know of which they speak. Because Gaga proved that she is not just a pop vocalist. She gave us technique and schooled SEVERAL singers, including the one some of yall thought shoulda sang instead of her. Her performance was extremely respectful to the genre/style and Julie Andrews looked proud! Sit. Down. #TheHillsAreAliveBitches!

Gaga's a mezzo...but okay. I'll take it. :laughga:

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Archived