๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey to ditch BRIT Awards because of Taylor Swift

Pop

Featured Posts

You just supported the fact that Lana ISN'T a sellout. :applause:

ย 

If Lana was a sellout she would've started making EDM after the Summertime Sadness remix blew up. :awkney:

In fact, she insulted the remixer :toofunny: She wasn't the slightest bit appreciative of the success it gave her because she knew it was a sell-out. She had nothing to do with its making or release.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen a bigger example of saying so much but meaning so little. Long strings of big words don't automatically mean substance. They should have taught you that in writing 101. The fact remains that in every aspect of a career, and I mean every aspect, Taylor pulls out on top. More awards, more acclaim, bigger tours, larger fan base, more artistic merit, higher philanthropy. Every achievement Taylor has over Lana there are actual concrete numbers, awards, and words from people who invest in music for a living that back it up. Lana has Internet fan]s who find vintage tumblr filters edgy.

*Except Taylor played on genres like pop & country (directed to the dominating audience in the united states AND worldwide), while Lana is considered an alternative artist, why even BOTHER to bring success to the discussion?

Not to be conceited, but I do write better songs. Sorry :smh:

I'm sure you do

who will love me when the night is over

DYING at all the pressed Lana fans seething and dragging left and right :lmao: (And at people dragging songwriting, as if they could write better songs :toofunny: )

Anywho, Taylor instating Award pressage on her peers :legend:

(I do hope they're friends though)

ย 

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/141387-lana-del-rey-pressed-over-taylor-swift/?p=6358287

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/141387-lana-del-rey-pressed-over-taylor-swift/?p=6358382

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/141387-lana-del-rey-pressed-over-taylor-swift/?p=6358103

ย 

DdOKi8d.gif

I'm sure you do

giphy.gif

I'm not lying, I've been acclaimed as a child prodigy for my artistry and writing at such a young age by many people, I'm not complimenting myself for no reason. I just write and people tell me what they think. I know as a music listener I'd rather hear lyrics like mine on the radio than Taylor's. I wouldn't say that if my music sucked, which it used to, real bad.

Hellspont

Taylor also makes music she likes and releases it. Her label begged her to put a few country songs on 1989 but she refused, she didn't want her vision compromised. And the album I was talking about was Speak Now, at 18-19 she wrote and composed the entire album by herself. And Taylor composed and wrote the foundations of every song Max worked on on 1989 before she let him look at it.

ย 

ok fine her music is a lot better now that its not country-esque :madge:

I'm not lying, I've been acclaimed as a child prodigy for my artistry and writing at such a young age by many people, I'm not complimenting myself for no reason. I just write and people tell me what they think. I know as a music listener I'd rather hear lyrics like mine on the radio than Taylor's. I wouldn't say that if my music sucked, which it used to, real bad.

ย 

I'm all out for confidence and stuff, but it's very confident to say that you're better than one of the most praised and awarded songwriters of our time.ย  :yes: Kanye teas tbh, but you do you!

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Whispering

Not to be conceited, but I do write better songs. Sorry :smh:

Can you list the songs that artists put on their albums? How many song writing awards do you have?

Redstreak

What an unfounded response with a nice (and false, for that matter) generalization to top it off. Don't come for my writing ability and comprehension when you came two spots behind me in Platinum Hit, I figured the experience might have taught you a thing or two about quality and taste. Of course Taylor gets more awards; she is simply more popular and makes music that is easily digestible. We all know that "Off To The Races" wasn't going to be a #1 hit but it's far better than most of Swift's discography, sonically, lyrically and artistically. Ultraviolence was critically acclaimed and Born To Die has sold millions upon millions of copies. What does the size of Taylor's tours and fanbase matter? She's successful because her music is catchy and simple and that's because she herself is simple. Her songwriting isn't even that good, even on her earlier releases. Lana still has not sold out to make music that could get her chart success, and her tours are selectively smaller to be more intimate.

More awards? Popularity trumps a lot of the time, and Anaconda was nominated for a Grammy. What does this say about the taste of the academy? Taylor certainly does not have more artistic merit than Lana, and as for philanthropy Taylor is definitely great at that. I know many Lana fans in my school, so it clearly isn't restricted to the Internet. People love her. She has a unique sound. It's not all about her vintage video inspiration. In fact, many of her fans prefer her higher budget videos. Plus, Lana writes all her own music, like Taylor.

As a side note, I don't mean to say you aren't a good writer. You're quite impressive at it and I very much enjoyed working with you.

First off you started generalizations by calling me brainwashed and reveling in delusional justifying.

ย 

I don't know why you brought up where I placed in an internet competition. This is about Taylor/Lana where Taylor blows Lana out of the water time and time again. And believe it or not but there ARE awards given solely on merit and not popularity unless you concede any award Lana might have ever gotten means nothing. UV was not critically acclaimed, and even in regards to critical reviews, 1989 is higher than UV, and that's with 1989 being Taylor's second lowest album score. Lana writes only in cliched metaphors and that's been the biggest off put every single critic has given her till this day, she's inauthentic. You also bring up selling out as if Taylor was on the brink of bankruptcy before 1989 when every single album of hers has sold over 5 million, even her debut. Some artists evolve and naturally shift towards other genres, that's not selling out that's growing. Sorry that the genre was something you deem unworthy, especially ironic given we're on a pop forum.

ย 

There are a lot of more awards than just the Grammys. As I said some that actually award on merit.

ย 

I enjoyed working with you as well.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I'm all out for confidence and stuff, but it's very confident to say that you're better than one of the most praised and awarded songwriters of our time. :yes: Kanye teas tbh, but you do you!

I'm not saying that. I don't think she's the most talented songwriter in the world by any means and her awards don't validate that, they aren't the end-all for quality. As I said, Anaconda was nominated for a Grammy and Chandelier got snubbed, that alone brings down the academy's taste 90%.

Can you list the songs that artists put on their albums? How many song writing awards do you have?

I'm working on an album with my friend, actually, and I won a songwriting competition. I'm reserved about my own work due to fear of theft until I can release and market it properly. I'm not even signed to a record label. That doesn't make me an inferior songwriter.

Stop arguing.

๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ ๐š“๐š˜๐š›๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š“๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š•.

Archived