šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP under performed because of Born This Way.

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

MEDONER

Born This Way ruined her career and ARTPOP's success. She was so f*cking preachy, the looks were bad most of the time and the album is boring

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dorothy Gale

ARTPOP would have flopped regardless of BTW, the album was just bad. BTW may have hurt her career but that had nothing to do with her music, people were just turned off by her support for LGBT.

Ā 

If anything she would have been bashed even more if ARTPOP was released after TFM because the disparity in quality was so big.

I don't agree with this. The music on BTW was not appealing to many people outside of the fan base. I remember more people hating BTW than ARTPOP, so I don't think all people were turned off due to her LGBT support, which she had done since the beginning of her career.Ā 

Pain of fame1

Turth tea tbh, the BTW era severely damaged her career.

True. Maybe there was still no need to do such a risky and career definig moment.Ā 

Born This Way ruined her career and ARTPOP's success. She was so f*cking preachy, the looks were bad most of the time and the album is boring

THAAAAAAAANKS! Everybody here is like BTW is gaga's best album and everything there was so good but actually it was NOT.

She knew exactly what she was doing yet many in this largely gay fanbase would apparently have preferred Gaga to ignore a big civil rights issue that directly affects them for a less controversial and more commercial pop Era. The attitude disgusts me tbh.

I totaly agree with this and that type of attitude is sad to me
Love Trumps Hate

Born To Slay

True. Maybe there was still no need to do such a risky and career definig moment.Ā 

THAAAAAAAANKS! Everybody here is like BTW is gaga's best album and everything there was so good but actually it was NOT.

Well in my opinion it was a great album and I enjoyed the era very much.

GagaDragon

I don't agree with this. The music on BTW was not appealing to many people outside of the fan base. I remember more people hating BTW than ARTPOP, so I don't think all people were turned off due to her LGBT support, which she had done since the beginning of her career.Ā 

It may not have been appealing to people outside the fanbase but i doubt people would hate it like they did if there wasn't all the obvious LGBT messages in the songs.

Ā 

Even if Gaga supported LGBT since the beginning of her career, not many people seemed to care during TF era. It was around Alejandro MV where she started to turn people off from her imo. BTW basically made it "gay" to like Gaga, and we all know how much that scares people lol

Ā 

EDIT: Oh look the ARTPOP foamers are out in full force in this thread.

Archived