💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HuffingtonP: Gaga was the biggest pop star in the world What happened?

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

"but until she can channel the authentic inauthenticity we see in Perry and Madonna"

Yeah, okay. :madge: 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

:awkney: sis

I do agree. ARTPOP > The Fame I mean people have opinions and you can't expect all of them to be the same as yours.

Arturo

He mentioned Madonna next to Katy as if the GP even knows she has a new album coming. Obviously a Madonna stan. The media is over the whole "artflop" thing after the grammys and cheek to cheek. This writer, like any pressed stan, isn't over bashing Gaga and never will be.

Willy Wonka

i'm reading through comments on this and it's disappointing that people want to just try and dismiss it because it's critical.

MikeyMoonShine

You can tell this person is pressed by the way they use the 1.1 million figure as a way of exaggerating her decline. Haters always use that figure in a way that suits their argument, when they are talking about her "decline" it's real, when they are comparing BTW sales to other albums, it's a fake scam to inflate her sales blah blah ect ect.

But seriously why are there people in this thread agreeing with this article? The part about the engagement is complete fictiion and the writer makes it sound like Madge is currently successful which is BS. C2C was never gonna be some huge thing, that was obvious from when she announced it. It has done very well all things considered and it's done a lot to get rid of the negative image she had in the press (other than this article ofc). 

I disagree with what they said about her music, yes a lot of it is fluff but a lot of it isn't. Especially on TFM and to a slightly lesser extent on BTW. She actually brought it conceptually on both of those albums. In fact she shares this with Madonna, her discography also contains a lot of fluff but it also contains some really well crafted music and some of that music was successful. This inauthentic authenticity argument is rubbish, yes in some cases that will get you fame but plenty of people have been huge while also bringing quality and the quality is a big factor in longevity. Katy's singles may be massive currently but the album was on moderately successful and ARTPOP wasn't far behind. Even the Singles were hit and miss, Roar and DH slayed but the others did not. Her success with some of her singles does not translate into album sales or make the GP check for her other songs. Katy has no staying power at all she's just managed to maintain her career by having hit after hit, I feel like the day she releases an album without a big hit on it will be the day she is completely forgotten about. 

ARTPOP was a truly messy era and the album was one of her worst but it still did ok despite this. It wasn't the flop people kept saying it was. It was still a major pop album, it still garnered a couple of hit singles, good music videos that a lot of people watched, some well received performances and a successful tour. She still got loads of press even if the vast majority of it was negative. I doubt very much that after all this she made any kind of loss. She under performed, hopefully she will do better next time. 

I don't really want Gaga to try and recreate The Fame Monster or Born This Way, that sound is done and she should do something new. However she should go back to those days when she was focused on making great music with an interesting concept. ARTPOP had Gaga bigging up a concept when the album was pretty generic for the most part and didn't really fit her "art era". This is probably the only point where I agree with the article, it lacked substance compared to her other work (even The Fame). So yeah, she should write a great album, focus on the music, do something interesting and new. If it's successful then good, if not then at least she will have brought it with the quality. I would hate to see her flop while trying really hard to be big again, which seems to be what this article is suggesting she try to do. 

MikeyMoonShine

i'm reading through comments on this and it's disappointing that people want to just try and dismiss it because it's critical.

and other people applaud it and claim it has no flaws despite it containing objectively false statements.  :manicure:

People are always trying to bash lady gaga. When she releases a hit everybody is going to be riding her disco stick. 

so are they saying she needs to be inauthentic to return at the top of her super stardom?

That what the writer said.  Gaga needs to be inauthentic like Katy and Madonna to succeed.  Does the writer even realize that was a shade of Katy and Madonna?  And that is where the article's argument falls apart.  Gaga will never be inauthentic, yet she succeeds and is again rising quickly.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Willy Wonka

That what the writer said.  Gaga needs to be inauthentic like Katy and Madonna to succeed.  Does the writer even realize that was a shade of Katy and Madonna?  And that is where the article's argument falls apart.  Gaga will never be inauthentic, yet she succeeds and is again rising quickly.

That's not what the author's saying at all.

Everyone is interpreting this "authenticity" thing wrong.

If I'm being blunt, the argument is that Gaga forgot that she's a top 40 pop star and somehow got it into her head that she's this next-level high art god. Katy Perry is literally as generic as generic gets, and that's fine. While Madonna was controversial and made subversive statements like Gaga does, she kept herself relevant by continuously putting out super marketable music. Gaga has not only turned her persona into "artiste", but also has tried to transcend all music and make statements through that. And furthermore, Gaga's deviated from her original theme of "competition for fame" to something about art.

BASICALLY- Gaga isn't anchoring herself in pop music anymore. Of course she's not going to be successful. It's only when she learns how to balance out her desire to transcend mediums and her need to be commercial that she'll be at the top of her game again.

and other people applaud it and claim it has no flaws despite it containing objectively false statements.  :manicure:

I see no objectively false statements.

I sent her pictures of her little sister photoshopped on a MISSING sign.  :pawsup:  :pawsup:  :pawsup:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Gaga didn't fail because she is inauthentic -- all pop stars are -- but because she refused to embrace the reality of her act.

Nah, Gaga doesn't have to do anything. I mean, that's what makes Gaga unique. It astounds me how many people are actually still here while criticizing this part of Gaga. News flash: she has always taken herself more seriously than she should. She's Lady Gaga. The only difference now is that she's not gaining success from her artistic audacity. What gets you success in 2015 is flaunting your fat ass and being conventionally beautiful.

The lot of you can continue yapping about how this article is right and Gaga "needs" to accept a certain reality of her career, but she knows, more or less, who she needs to be and what feels right to her. She doesn't need a pack of teenage gay boys to tell her who she is.

Let her do what feels right to her and stop acting like beating Katy Perry and Madonna will be the epiphany of her career. It's a spit in her face. You belittle her as a musician. And honestly you're wasting your time. Gaga will be the type of artist she chooses to be.

Fact of the matter for all of you agreeing with this article is that you are still here. And it's utterly pathetic that you're here because you're only waiting for her to change her direction. Stop clinging to her past glory, you ****ing broken records. :smh:

Archived