💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HuffingtonP: Gaga was the biggest pop star in the world What happened?

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
juicyjuicy

Trying to shade Gaga but instead shades her competitors Katy and Madonna by calling them fabricated and not talented. lol huffingpost fails

ARTPOP was a disaster and she looked ugly for most of 2014. Sucks.

But if you're hopping on the "she's over" bandwagon, you must not have been around for long.

Fans from 2008 (like myself) know she was written off from day one as a one-hit-wonder. Then she was written off when Alejandro didn't go #1 on pop. Then she was written off when Judas flopped. Then she was written off when Applause was overshadowed by Roar. And now she's over because her engagement wasn't big enough news.

okay I don't think Gaga is over but this doesn't seem to prove your point if you basically mention that she is less successful as time goes on. lol. 

IMO she's still the best, but I think a lot of what made her a superstar in 2010 was a packaged persona that's been lost with the people that left her. So we'll see how a new team does next year/late this year. 

So can anybody tell me when Madonna last scored a big "inauthentic" pop hit and appealed to the masses?

Celebration? 4 minutes? Hung up maybe? 

Madge has been very clearly catering to her fanbase the last couple of albums.

Katy Perry had a Born This Way peak with Prism and the superbowl, but next album is likely going to do worse. Is Perry going to be "over" then?

I believe Gaga will create a very big pop hit sometime again, but right now she's just rolling on talent and music integrity instead of "appealing". It's era's... this article is ****e.

giskardsb

Madge has been very clearly catering to her fanbase the last couple of albums.

more like attempting to cater to the young top 40 demographic, not even her own mature fanbase.  Something like MDNA I expect from Selena Gomez, not Madonna.

thehanyo

more like attempting to cater to the young top 40 demographic, not even her own mature fanbase.  Something like MDNA I expect from Selena Gomez, not Madonna.

Madge is trying desperately to appeal to the under-30 crowd working with Diplo and singing about s-x and clubbing in her songs (I'm sorry, but I don't think it's ageist to be weirded out thinking about a 57-year old mother of 4 getting drunk and clubbing and talking about how jesus loves her ***). And she's failing at it. L4L is nowhere to be seen on the major charts and isn't being picked up by radio.

Meanwhile, Gaga is working with legends like Tony Bennett, Giorgio Moroder, Diane Warren, etc. etc. and winning Grammys while doing it.

MelbHawker

This article is so badly written.. I can't believe something as messy and unclear as this is on Huffington Post. Tripe. 

It's just a lame article trying to bring down the recent Grammy winner and most-talked-about-celebrity for this week AKA Queen Gaga. Who cares if ARTPOP's singles didn't smash at #1 for weeks? It seems only the media do. & like.. the name dropping of Katy/Madonna.. I just don't get it. What point does it serve?

ARTPOP/C2C went #1, she's just won a Grammy for the latter, she's just gotten engaged and is performing at the Oscars on Sunday... yeah, her career's on the downfall. lol. 

LoveandMagic

Nah, Gaga doesn't have to do anything. I mean, that's what makes Gaga unique. It astounds me how many people are actually still here while criticizing this part of Gaga. News flash: she has always taken herself more seriously than she should. She's Lady Gaga. The only difference now is that she's not gaining success from her artistic audacity. What gets you success in 2015 is flaunting your fat ass and being conventionally beautiful.

The lot of you can continue yapping about how this article is right and Gaga "needs" to accept a certain reality of her career, but she knows, more or less, who she needs to be and what feels right to her. She doesn't need a pack of teenage gay boys to tell her who she is.

Let her do what feels right to her and stop acting like beating Katy Perry and Madonna will be the epiphany of her career. It's a spit in her face. You belittle her as a musician. And honestly you're wasting your time. Gaga will be the type of artist she chooses to be.

Fact of the matter for all of you agreeing with this article is that you are still here. And it's utterly pathetic that you're here because you're only waiting for her to change her direction. Stop clinging to her past glory, you ****ing broken records. :smh:

:heat:  The steam coming from this spilled tea. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived