Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BBC Radio 1 receives a huge backlash for banning Madonna

Yanko

Featured Posts

Dominic

That's just a load of BS and you know it. Besides this is not only a question of LFL, but about many other artists' work.

This so damn much!

I don't think it's BS. Why would they play a track that has little to no demand? It is not about age at all, plenty of artists, of all ages, music does not get played because there is hardly a demand. It is a business. Supply and demand.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iloveit123

I don't think it's BS. Why would they play a track that has little to no demand? It is not about age at all, plenty of artists, of all ages, music does not get played because there is hardly a demand. It is a business. Supply and demand.

Well the backlash says otherwise.... And I am sure there are plenty of songs by other artists that just go straight into their playlists without any of this teeny-bopper click sh*t... or tracks that they make decisions not to play as well, being not based on any "research"

It is laregely based upon politics.

Actually no. BBC R1 is public radio. The problem is they were told in 2009-10 that they were supposed have a younger average age audience, and they responded by being stricter in keeping older artists off their playlists.

elijahfan

So... they're saying they didn't ban her because of her age but because they find her irrelevant? Great, sounds so much better

Didymus

But it's free promo for Madge though :fan:

Didn't think like that, you're right actually :reductive:

Vernier

That's nice and all, but it's been happening for like 5 years, so everyone suddenly just being aware of this now when it happens to Madonna is just :smh:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Whispering

It has nothing to do with her age. They would play the song if it was clicking with their audience or was in high demand, but it obviously isn't.

This, basically.

If they were seeing a huge demand, with sales, streaming and other measurable factors...they would be much more likely to play the song.

Perhaps she has a better radio song she can send out next.

blacklistedd

Well it made them sound incredibly ignorant and petty to have worded their position that way. Its one thing to say they're not playing her because her new music isn't prevalent but they made her age the forefront of the conversation.

While the radio continues to snub her, she'll be busy breaking another world record with her tour. :coffee: 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Psychedelic

I'm sure Madonna doesn't care not having her song played on the radio or hitting #1 spots, she's getting what she's always been about... BUZZ!!! :madge:

Go Madge :sis:

Archived