Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga - Strange Waters (Don't Run, You'll Break Your Hip)

darkchylde

Featured Posts

darkchylde

After reading that "Create an album" post, I decided to do so, but it took longer than expected and I overextended a bit, so I made another thread trying to drag a bit more of attention to my creation. Don't ban me, please.

Lady Gaga - Strange Waters

A rock album with a touch of jazz sounds that creates a dark, dismal atmoshpere. The looks for this era are outfits where black is the prominent color, with a few exceptions for platinum jewelry and electric blue wigs. An example would be a black catsuit, black heels, silver nails and a black septum. Make up in silver and blue, and a short electric blue wig.

The standard cover of the album, shot by Inez and Vinoodh, is something similar to this creaton by Loish, while the water looks almost white, somehow stained by black currents and Gaga's hair is a long blue/teal wig. The deluxe cover is a close shot of Gaga dressed up as a mermaid, just like the first cover, but here she has passed out and is drowning while some strange black claws drag her to the bottom of that white/gray ocean. There is no text on either of the covers.

The album comes in a hard plastic-cardboard case with the size of a common jewelcase but wider. There's a sticker on the inside that makes the album smell like seawater once removed and includes a 30 page booklet. The booklet includes the handwritten lyrics of the album and tons of shots from the photoshoot. The deluxe CD also comes with two DVDs, one with the videos of every song and another one with Gaga talking about every song and a video from the shoot (something similar to the ARTPOP film by I&V). The vinyl edition comes in a full-sized booklet and with 5 prints from the photoshoot. The prize would also be lower to her past albums, but not too cheap. Deluxe CD: 15€. Standard CD: 10€. Vinyl: 15€.

Every song on the album is released with a music video, all of them follow a storlyne where "Yüyi" comes back, this time being a way more darker and creeper portrayal of a mermaid. The story talks about Yüyi drowning the man she fell in love with by mistake and the gods of the sea punishing her for that. The story ends with Yüyi turning evil and drowning every man that dares to sail her seas without permission.

Album released a month after its announcement, tracklist revealed the week of the album release.

Lead single is the 2nd track.

Tracklist:

1. Dear Sister (0.34) (Introduction of the album, a mix of thrilling and spectral sounds with a subtle melody in menor key, creating some kind of "underwater" idea).
2. Reptile Scales (4.30) (Hard guitar riffs and a subtle synthetiser create a strong rock song with three short choruses and 4 different verses about becoming someone you never wanted to be).
3. The Rage And The Silent Storm (2.55) (A short relaxed track with a contrasting bridge and last verse. It's structure is: V1, X, V2, Bridge, V3) It talks about actions and their following consequences, but also about power, about an abusive relationship and about accepting our own fate.)
4. No Light (3.00) (A cry about losing someone you never expected would be gone. Not necessary by death but by a fate you never were able to sense).
5. Strange Waters (6.00) (Two songs inside an only track. The structure being: S1 (0.00-2.50), Interlude (2.50-3.00), S2 (3.00-6.00). Every song has its own separate video. The reason they're together lays on their meaning: each one resembles a different ocean. S1 is a metaphor for the Atlantic Ocean while S2 is the Pacific Ocean. S1 features more synths and violins and talks about nostalgia, loss and future. S2 is way more thrilling, has more guitar sounds and drums that come and go quickly and talks about revenge, self-blame, regret and an inmense unbearable pain inside the chest)
6. Queen Of The Ocean (feat. Florence Welch) (4.20) (The most "mainstream" rock song from the album. A fluid bass and a catchy guitar riff are the strongest part of this song, that talks about becoming the best version of yourself).
7. Drowning (0.20) (Spoken interlude where Gaga talks about fate)
8. Man eater (4.30) (Song influenced by hard rock, features screaming vocals from Gaga, strong sounds and an outro of waves and echoes. The lyrics speak about betrayal)
10. Spell (5.40) (The most complex song of the album, features no synths and a single acustic guitar accompanied by drums and a harp. The vibe of it however is not simple but eerie, magical, appeased and dark. The lyrics are ambiguous, talking about many things but the surface of those meanings is a song about the same blood flooding trough two different bodies, one of them wet and cold, the other one warm and dry).
11. Morning Light (feat. Kesha Rose/Kesha) (6.50) (The most jazz-inspired song from the album. Features deep saxophones and a piano but also french horns, trumpets and harps. The lyrics talk about seeing the light at the end of the tunel, keeping hope and joining forces with others).
12. Midnight Breeze (feat. Kesha Rose/Kesha) (6.50) (A very instrumental song, sares similarities with "Morning Light", resembling "the other side of the same coin". In both videos, Kesha appears as the Moon, as a goddess helping Gaga/Yüyi overcome the difficulties on her way and that's also notable on the lyrics, which are darker on this song).
13. Thunder (2.20) (A simple song with strong feminist lyrics. No bass and a dry guitar are the most notable things about this).
14.  Exposure (4.40) (An epic closure for the album. Features instruments from "classical" music such as clarinets, cellos, violas, flutes, and more. The lyrics talk about revealing your true self to the ones you love and being accepted by that, but that meaning is hid under words about lights and shadows and nature elements).
15. (Deluxe) Underwater (3.40) (An electric guitar is the only instrument on this songs, sometimes taking the lead of it, sometimes dubbing Gaga's voice. Here she talks about pressure and fear as well as fighting to reach peace).
16. (Deluxe) There Is A Place (7.40) (An instrumental track with very few words at the end of the song, where Gaga talks about feeling safe after all this time when she's close to her loved one. The instrumental is composed mostly by synths that create fluent deep echoes and storm sounds at the beginning that fade slowly until Gaga starts singing).
17. (Deluxe) I Follow Rivers (Lykke Li Cover) (5.00) (A rock cover of the original 4 minutes long song, featuring some backing vocals from Lykke Li).

It took me a lot of time, hope you enjoy it. If any of you ever reads it. Don't hate me for the free post and forgive me if I made any typos, english is not my native tongue.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thank you, I appreacite your creativity but doesn't sound something Gaga would do (fortunately)

And I'm not here for that much Kesha

darkchylde

No thank you, I appreacite your creativity but doesn't sound something Gaga would do (fortunately)

And I'm not here for that much Kesha

Somehow to me it sounds very Gaga-esque, but idk.

darkchylde

Your title cut off, I ran.

Edit: It sounds kind of Bjork meets Stevie Nicks. I like it.

Thank you! Though now i don't know if I made myself clear lol.

its sound intresting tbh i would love if gaga did something like this......

by the way you really have a lot of free time

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

darkchylde

I really love your idea. I would love for Gaga to go for a more experimental route also :applause:

Thank you! I'd love her to follow some experimental route some day.

It looks really good but not for Gaga .Make an album like this yourself  :flutter:

I wish I had any kind of musical talents, I'd spend my days making things like this.

I still broke 3 hips :air:

Lmao.

Archived