Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

FROOT album leak discussion

Minaj

Featured Posts

Brainiac

Not sure why people are complaining about too many midtempo tracks when 6 songs (half the album) are uptempo:

Froot

Blue

Forget

Can't Pin Me Down

Better Than That

Savages

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

Poor Marina.. :cry: Come on now, pull a Vulnicura and slay the world!

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

blacklistedd

No real hits. Most of the songs feel more like fillers than "experimental" which I'm sure was what she was going for. It's the kind of album I could expect to play in the background while I read or clean...etc. but nothing is bop to. The song writing is still strong tho. I guess I was hoping for something more quirky and catchy a la her first album, with the polished sound of Electra heart. It just comes off as kinda boring, and I'm all for emotion heavy music. I just think emotion doesn't always have to mean slow and stagnant, as her first two albums had tons of emotion.

this. It's not that this album is terrible. Her first two albums were both just so undeniably strong. There was emotion, catchiness, sarcasm, and a lot of very clever reflections on life and culture. This album to me is just not up to par with her past work. My opinion

I don't think she was going for "experimental" (I seriously hate that stan term it doesn't mean anything), I think she was going for reflective. But I can agree and see where you're coming from with the whole stagnant thing. I think there are tracks on this album that just kind of drift and then stop (Immortal, Weeds, Solitaire) without taking you to orgasm. But honestly I think in many ways this album is a lot better than Electra Heart in that its more mature and less gimmicky (Teen Idle, How to Be A Heartbreaker, Homewrecker). And I kind of disagree with another point you made because I think it does take the quirkiness from her first record and take the polish from Electra Heart. This album is what Marina sounds like when she puts a polish on her Family Jewels quirkiness. Do you know what I mean? But when you put a polish on it it doesn't feel quite as impactful and to me I prefer it over The Family Jewels which to me felt like amateur hour, any random piano chick with an odd voice could've make that record. I feel like with Electra Heart she started coming into her own and Froot is even more developed albeit its not a hit parade. Idk, I just don't think Marina is this amazing pop artist but I think shes a good one. And imo, she improves with every album. With Electra Heart she tied herself in conceptual knots and it backfired so with Froot she wanted to regain her poise and hone her craft. I think her best is yet to come.

And I also disagree that there aren't any hits, Blue has all potential to be a big single imo. And I'm A Ruin had/has potential as well. I just think theres a lot of politics involved in getting on radio (particularly in America) and I don't see it happening for her in a big way not because songs don't have potential but because she won't be given that time of day here as proven with Electra Heart. But we'll see.

EdgeofTeeth

I really like the album so far! Sure it's different from the last two, but she's still writing the same kind of smart and introspective lyrics that she always has (just a little less depressing/self-loathing this time around) and most of the songs are just as catchy as her past ones...

Battle 4 Ur Life

If you're expecting something like ARTPOP from FROOT, you'll be disappointed.

Well, I wasn't expecting this but how come Blue gives me those heavy ARTPOP(song) teas, which basically means I feel like dying from happiness whenever I hear them...

"I just wanna know WHO I'm looking foooor, bluuuue...." (the notes are definitely similar to "ARTPOP, ARTPOP, ARTPOHHHHP")

I basically die with this ending.

:legend:  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

PaperIz

i can't find a listenable leak sine i come online on my wii u but i will probably go to the library and listen. i'll try to wait for april though

BurningRome

I think she chose the best songs from the album for her 'Froot of The Month' promo...

This album was a lot more disappointing that I would've hoped for it to be. The only other songs I liked that haven't been released are Solitaire and Better Than That   :shrug:

It'll probably grow on me..(It has to. I bought the vinyl collection, deluxe physical cd, and iTunes version :toofunga:  )

Is Better Than That really about Ellie :cryga:

It's highly speculated since they used to be friends.

First Ed Sheeran calls her out for being a Thot and now Marina. Mess.

LittIe Monster

I HAVE THE LEAK OH MY GOD IT'S HIGH QUALITY AND IT SOUNDS GOOD OH MY GOD

PPLS PM ME IT

OR CAN ANY1 AS A MATTER OF FACT PM ME LINK

im on Blue... wow I'm very impressed thus far.

the songs are catchy, retro and campy at the same time. I'm sure a lot of gays will like it

her voice suits these kinds of production too.

far superior than a lot of the major pop records released over the past 2 years

HauntingHollow

go to rnbexclusive.se and there you can download it, i do have it and it sound amazing so far !!!  :excited2:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Archived