xoxo cupcakke 4,781 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 I fear that war now is inevitable and world war is highly probable. This is no longer about Crimea because it will also be about the Middle East as well. It is crazy to think there will be three possible belligerents instead of two but it appears this way. Hopefully, it does not escalate to World War because, if it does, this would be the most brutal of them all Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bumblebee 2,528 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 No, no ,no. You can't split a country like that. It's not right and against the laws. Look at Cyprus, Ireland or Germany. There are and were conflicts when those country got splitted/ are splitted. I am not very certain that the population of the countries you have mentioned were so different as the Eastern Ukraine to Wetern Ukraine. They have different religions, different views on their common historical past, different beliefs about their future, and, the last but not least, different ethnic groups in the eastern and the western part of the country. Arming the official Kiev army with american weapons would lead to nothing. I am pretty sure Russian government would then start arming the separatists with the same weapons, and then we would just see the same conflict going on, but the guns, artillery and rockets used would be more deadly. What is the purpose? I can't understand why the UN have not called for sending peacekeepers there, so that they will guard and control the buffer zone between the government's troops and the separatists' troops. Everybody keeps talking that the conflict has no military solution yet the easiest method of stopping the war has not even been addressed properly. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cody Draco 2,531 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 I don't want to live thru a war sorry not sorry. Get your **** together leaders of the world. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bionic 50,112 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 I don't want to live thru a war sorry not sorry. Get your **** together leaders of the world. Isn't the US already at war though? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cody Draco 2,531 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 Isn't the US already at war though? Is it bad that I don't consider us meddling with the Middle East as a war? War on Terrorism is bull****. It's not the same as World War 2 where countries were fighting countries. Especially when there has been no threat of the US being invaded. If Europe can't get their **** together and war breaks out then I'm gonna be worried about the US getting involved/getting invaded. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TiphEret 1,320 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 I don't think a war like WWII will ever happen again just look at our technology, we will use drones to destroy village and because Western countries have the technology they will destroy the others. We may get more terrorist attacks but that's already happening so I don't see how the future is going to be much different... I mean one thing would be to blow one of the nuclear power plant in France, we would be really ****ed... Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luc 4,776 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 No, no ,no. You can't split a country like that. It's not right and against the laws. Look at Cyprus, Ireland or Germany. There are and were conflicts when those country got splitted/ are splitted. I think it'd be for the best... East-Ukraine is very pro-Russia and west-Ukraine extremely pro-Europe. If you let them split, the Russians will be happy and at the same time the Ukrainians will be able to join the EU and NATO with no problems (besides their horrible economy). That's the only 'compromise' I can think of. No way Crimea is going back to Ukraine, no way the seperatists are letting Ukrainian military win. If there is indeed a war I'm off to New Zealand Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
craig 680 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 World capitalism faces a crisis as profound as those that twice in the last centuryâ€â€in 1914 and 1939â€â€plunged humanity into world war. Tens of millions were massacred in the course of these imperialist wars. Does it believe that it is worth risking the annihilation of Sweden to defend the far-right regime in Kiev? How many millions of lives are the imperialist powers prepared to sacrifice to the cold calculus of geo-political ambition? What kind of Swedish Marxist is that guy? Seems to talk about NATO and Britain in WW II as equivalent to Hitler. A reminder that Sweden did zero when Finland and Norway were attacked in World War II. It would be funny is Putin took over Sweden while NATO ate popcorn. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bumblebee 2,528 Posted February 9, 2015 Share Posted February 9, 2015 I think it'd be for the best... East-Ukraine is very pro-Russia and west-Ukraine extremely pro-Europe. If you let them split, the Russians will be happy and at the same time the Ukrainians will be able to join the EU and NATO with no problems (besides their horrible economy). That's the only 'compromise' I can think of. No way Crimea is going back to Ukraine, no way the seperatists are letting Ukrainian military win. If there is indeed a war I'm off to New Zealand Had it been so easy, the conflict would have been solved by now. It seems that apart from political reasons, the Kiev government can't let the Eastern Ukraine become a separate state because the Donetsk and Lugansk regions, which are the centers of the pro-Russian separatist forces, have the largest resources of coal in the country. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ByeBye49 161 Posted February 10, 2015 Share Posted February 10, 2015 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.