Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna's "Rebel Heart" leaked in full!

Chiunzhan

Featured Posts

Horned Leader

American Life was a lead Madonna single and a flop....

And in some cases Gimmie All Your Luv was a flop as well.

Her album had fallen out of the top 200 on the iTunes chart for awhile and is now back in the top 100 so the video at least gave the album a boost.

What it really boils down to is radio. Radio refuses to play anyone past a certain age and alas Madonna does not fit into the top 40 stations which seem to only cater to tween girls. If Living For Love was getting tons of airplay things would be different.

I mean look at Hung Up. Globally that was Madonna's biggest hit ever, and even though it went top 10 in the US, US radio only gave it moderate airplay. A song that was literally #1 in just about every country was ignored by US radio. Why? Because they are ageist asses, but hey what are you going to do. Its going to happen to every artist at some point if they are lucky enough to still have a music career into their 50s.

You're mistaken. Flop is relative. GMAYL and AL had some success. Gimme went top 10 in the U.S. People called them flops because they underperformed. They were not true flops that were completely ignored. LFL might become her first lead that's a true flop. I've never seen this happen to Madonna. Almost all her singles make at least some noise worldwide. It's her new single with a video that just debut and it's not top 10 anywhere in the world. That's usually a sign that people are not interested. Let's hope the Grammy performance sparks interest in the song.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey.   It could always be WAY worse for Madonna.

Just look at the last two albums from Christina which were mega bombs, or Britney's last album which was a mega bomb.   Or Jlos which was a mega bomb.  Or Mariah which was a mega MEGA bomb. 

Nielson reported weeks ago that based on pre-sales Rebel Heart has 60,000 pre orders in America.  That would mean it already out sold the debut week for Mariah and Jlos last albums, and I am sure it will sell way more in its first week then Britney or Christina's latest efforts.

The point is Madonna is a woman who has been releasing music since 1982 still outselling chicks way younger then her.  Some of whom many predicted would have eclipsed her by now, and yet it never happened.  But for some reason even though Madonna isn't close to selling the least out of the pop chicks out today, she gets the most **** as if she is for whatever reason.    

I mean think about it.   Madonna would get literally the living **** kicked out of her by the press if she ever had an album sell as low as Mariah's last album sold for instance.  I don't think Mariah's last album even came close to 150,000 globally!  Yet you hardly heard a peep about it.  If it were Madonna it would be open season on her like crazy!   Madonna will probably sell 4xs that amount globally in her first week for crying out loud, and I am sure she will still get people beating her up about it.  

Horned Leader

That's the problem, singles wise, she's entering mega bomb territory. She's never been there before for a lead single.

As for album sales; b---h, she's Madonna. She'll always debut decently. It's longevity that will matter. The first two weeks will be the fans buying the album. After that she needs to rely on her new music to sell the album.

But, this is premature chitchat. The warning signs are there for LFL, but let's hope the Grammys hype people up for LFL.

Madonna and Cher are survivors. All the current pop stars hope to be around as long as they have. Still, I'd like for her to keep going.

RAMROD

Clearly Madonna have different priority with her move premiere releasing the MV on Snapchat than YouTube for the first 24 hrs.

Not sure she cares about charts that much now.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lets also remember Madonna has a lot of work to do if she wants to win back casual fans.  She lost a lot of them with Hard Candy and MDNA who were expecting much more. 

These people will always go to see her on tour, but its going to take a lot of good single choices and public appearances/performances to bring these people to buy a new Madonna album.  Personally I feel like that's why Ghosttown would be the perfect single.  If she releases Bitch I'm Madonna or even Unapologetic Bitch, I am not so sure that's going to help matters.

Horned Leader

Ghosttown is a great choice for a 2nd single. It seems like it would appeal to casual fans and the general public.

PopBitch

Lets also remember Madonna has a lot of work to do if she wants to win back casual fans.  She lost a lot of them with Hard Candy and MDNA who were expecting much more. 

These people will always go to see her on tour, but its going to take a lot of good single choices and public appearances/performances to bring these people to buy a new Madonna album.  Personally I feel like that's why Ghosttown would be the perfect single.  If she releases Bitch I'm Madonna or even Unapologetic Bitch, I am not so sure that's going to help matters.

Bitch, I'm Madonna as a single will stop the album cold in its tracks.  

destinyofself

how can SO MANY songs leak? ...like ... madge ...wyd.... step ur security game up and stop forgetting your floppy discs at the gym

:lmao:

destinyofself

Does anyone feel like this is her last album? Feels as though she looking back on herself and saying bai?

xoxo cupcakke

Does anyone feel like this is her last album? Feels as though she looking back on herself and saying bai?

I don't think so. She has one more album left in her contract but Rebel Heart does seem like a great final album if you take out the filler songs. Hopefully, if her next album is her last, she does something which is truthful and heartfelt like Ray of Light or something which builds upon her past like Confessions on a Dance Floor or both

Yes! Yes! She removed "Autotune Baby" from the final version of the album. It is perfect now!

This Autotune Baby hate I will never understand. It's terrible at first but it grows on you

destinyofself

I don't think so. She has one more album left in her contract but Rebel Heart does seem like a great final album if you take out the filler songs. Hopefully, if her next album is her last, she does something which is truthful and heartfelt like Ray of Light or something which builds upon her past like Confessions on a Dance Floor or both

Yeah! I need a Ray Of Light 2.0 :Whitney:

I just think LFL is not that good of a song. The breakdown is actually kinda underwhelming :shrug: I think there are better songs on the album. Addicted is one of the best. A shame that she didn't put it on the standard edition, I mean, WHY? :crossed:

Edit: the rest of the song is great, but the breakdown really kills it for me

Archived