šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mariah Carey is returning to Sony

Michael

Featured Posts

mariah-carey-gif.gif?w=600

Ā 

Just months shy of the 10-year anniversary of The Emancipation of Mimi, Mariah Carey and Antonio "L.A." Reid are prepping another kind of comeback. According to multiple sources, the 45-year-old singer is returning to Sony Music through Epic Records, where Reid has served as chairman since 2011.

A nearly finalized multi-album deal would see Carey's first new material through the label since 1999's Rainbow, beginning with a greatest-hits set to coincide with her upcoming residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Dubbed "#1's," the concert series booked by Creative Artists Agency begins May 6 and will include all 18 of Carey's Billboard Hot 100 chart-toppers, from 1990's "Vision of Love" to 2008's "Touch My Body." (An Epic representative declined to comment.)

Ā 

Although Carey left Sony on tumultuous terms -- she signed a four-album, $80 million deal with EMI's Virgin Records in 2000, eager to distance herself from ex-husband and former Sony Music head Tommy Mottola -- there are plenty of reasons why rejoining makes sense now. Doug Morris, current chairman/CEO of Sony Music, brought Carey to Island Def Jam in 2003 when he was running Universal Music Group. Reid, then head of Island Def Jam, oversaw her Mimi-powered 2005 comeback. Joey Arbagey, a collaborator of Carey's during the making of the six-times platinum Mimi, is now executive vp A&R at Epic. And of course there is her massive Sony catalog: Carey's seven studio releases, a live EP and four hits packages have sold a combined 43.9 million albums, according to Nielsen Music, including the septuple-platinum Music Box and Daydream. Her output for UMG, which spanned six albums, has sold just 9.7 million by comparison.

Ā 

Ā 

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/record-labels/6457972/the-inside-story-of-how-mariah-carey-and-la-reid-reunited-at

artpopmess

Back in familiar territory. Time for those great timeless ballads

Ā 

The prophecy will come true again, Mimi is coming to slay yet another middle year of a decade

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Alien Tulip

Honestly I don't think she will ever have a good comeback or a decent one at all. Her last three albums were a joke. Emancipation of mimi is arguably one of her best albums ever since it brought many of her greatest songs in her discography but after that she's had a weak ear for music and her performances have been half assed since then. Over many years I've heard many of her blind fans say "She is only starting and this is just the beginning" but if she already started in 1990, why does she need to constantly reinvent herself to prove she's a musical legend when she already is? To me she's just ****ting out albums just to prove to people she's not going anywhere but that's a false assumption she put upon herself and it just shows how insecure and intimidated she is by the newer people. She doesn't let her music speak for itself anymore and she's become this pretentious character that isn't even reality and it kind of backfired on her. She should be proud of her career and there's nothing wrong with wanting to be the best as every artist should strive for that but at least make good quality music that doesn't sound like b sides from her last 5 albums and actually try something new because clearly people aren't here for her putting the same **** out for 10 years straight. It might have worked for 3 years but its certainly not working now. I'm saying this as a long time mariah fan but everything she does now seems so reactionary and it clearly shows with how messy she's been.Ā 

Jesse Pinkman

Eh. Mariah has accomplished so much, I honestly don't see why she keeps trying to top the charts. She's already established herself as a Queen in music. But maybe she'll be able to have a comeback, who knows?

However, I do think the Vegas deal was very smart. She's gonna kill it down there. I wouldn't mind seeing her myself even though I'm not a massive fan.

Janet needs to go down there next. :giveup:

It's science, bitch

Honestly I don't think she will ever have a good comeback or a decent one at all. Her last three albums were a joke. Emancipation of mimi is arguably one of her best albums ever since it brought many of her greatest songs in her discography but after that she's had a weak ear for music and her performances have been half assed since then. Over many years I've heard many of her blind fans say "She is only starting and this is just the beginning" but if she already started in 1990, why does she need to constantly reinvent herself to prove she's a musical legend when she already is? To me she's just ****ting out albums just to prove to people she's not going anywhere but that's a false assumption she put upon herself and it just shows how insecure and intimidated she is by the newer people. She doesn't let her music speak for itself anymore and she's become this pretentious character that isn't even reality and it kind of backfired on her. She should be proud of her career and there's nothing wrong with wanting to be the best as every artist should strive for that but at least make good quality music that doesn't sound like b sides from her last 5 albums and actually try something new because clearly people aren't here for her putting the same **** out for 10 years straight. It might have worked for 3 years but its certainly not working now. I'm saying this as a long time mariah fan but everything she does now seems so reactionary and it clearly shows with how messy she's been.Ā 

Ā 

There's nowhere that her last 3 album were a joke, at least musically, only the promotion of them.

The quality of her last albums was good, especially the last one it's a very great album.

The main problem is that Mariah in the last years had a very bad team, starting with Jermain DuprƃʒĀ¬ that ruined his ex-wife career first (Janet Jackson). Her main problem is that, she needs a team who makes her working with new producers and made better choices of images and most important thing that organize her promotion in a good way.

RAMROD

I am glad to hear this :applause:

Congrats!

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

artpopmess

There's nowhere that her last 3 album were a joke, at least musically, only the promotion of them.

The quality of her last albums was good, especially the last one it's a very great album.

The main problem is that Mariah in the last years had a very bad team, starting with Jermain DuprƃʒĀ¬ that ruined his ex-wife career first (Janet Jackson). Her main problem is that, she needs a team who makes her working with new producers and made better choices of images and most important thing that organize her promotion in a good way.

Go in sis

Ā 

The verses in Memoirs are on par with verses on acclaimed hip hop albums and e=mc2 is filled with ear-candy pop anthemsĀ 

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Computer

I guess she wants her albums to leak.

šŸ’ššŸ’›šŸ’•ā£ā­•šŸ’¢šŸ’¢ | ā“œā“”ā“”ā“”ā“Ø Ā©ā“—ā“”ā“˜ā“¢ā“£ā“œā“ā“¢

Archived