💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Azealia Banks

inuborg

Which Album?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Are You More Excited For?

• Business And Pleasure
    • Fantasea 2: The Second Wave.

Featured Posts

Harry

I don't think it's anything to do with her opinions or race. The Grammys and VMAs are both jokes for the most part in 2015 and it's all about popularity. Just look at the rap categories at the Grammys... it's always mainstream artists, that's just how it is. Hence Iggy's noms this year.

Beyonce, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Ella Fitzgerald, Leontyne Price, Shirley Caesar, Chaka Khan, Cece Winans and Mary J Blige are all black women that dominate the list of females with most Grammy wins. Rihanna and Nicki have also been nominated multiple times with Rih picking up a couple, so I don't think race/gender is the problem. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
inuborg

1. Lauren Hill

2. Erykah Badu

3. India.Arie

4. Jill Scott 

5. Alicia Keys

Lauren Hill got booted the second she showed any affliction with race. 

India Arie and Jill Scott where never prominent in pop audiences

Since when was Alicia Keys outspoken? 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

mucinex

azealia was on the cover of playboy and has a great body and has it made, i don't know why i got worked up. vma's don't mean quality, grammys don't and we shouldn't care guys. f*ck them, azealia has a great fanbase and isn't going anywhere anytime soon so we can sit down and enjoy it while she becomes more and more successful

PartySick

Doesn't she need to be relevant first to get one nominee , at least? like...her career is mostly dead...

This^. The only reason I even know she exists is because the "beef" with Gaga. Also, opinionated isn't exactly what I'd call her...more like whining...Recognition is nice, but awards don't mean diddly. They mean even less when you whine about not getting them.

💚

Yanko

"America doesn't like opinionated black women"

Is Beyonce white? :confused:

"opinionated"

Here's a though, maybe it's the fact that you exude hatred and bitterness...

Ugh, what do I know, only white. :reductive2:

ARTPOPisaChoice

Here comes backlash :toofunny::saladga:

Omg people are already like "Kanye has 666 grammys, you're just a failed artist"

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

inuborg

ugh why did they have to merged that ****ty thread with this one. 

inuborg

ugh no :saladga: lets just bury this page 

Never got a chance to tell you, but congrats on the attention your 5 minute doc got. You really deserve it all the hard work you've put into your craft all these years. 

Stephen

Never got a chance to tell you, but congrats on the attention your 5 minute doc got. You really deserve it all the hard work you've put into your craft all these years. 

aww thank you :hug: that means a lot. You're one of my fave people on here :nick:

StrawberryBlond

You have to laugh at her specifics. Not just black people, but black women and opinionated ones too. She's making more and more specifics so that we're finally caught out. She'll be saying "opinionated black women who make alternative music and don't work with mainstream artists" next. You just need to look at the noms and wins in Grammy history to realise that race is not an issue, nor is being opinionated. You'd think Kanye would embody all the stereotypes of the scary black man that a supposed racist institution like the Grammys would hate but no, he has 21 Grammys out of 53 nominations. So, I think that shuts down all notions of a racist institution. Azealia is so full of herself, it's unreal. She will think about any excuse for her music flopping and it's never to do with its quality, promotion or her attitude. Plenty of talented people don't win Grammys, it doesn't mean you're terrible or are being discriminated against.

Who? Name me 5...

Adding to the ones that have already been said by others in answer to your question...

Beyonce (20)

Aretha Franklin (18)

Mary J Blige (9)

Janet Jackson (6)

Missy Elliott (4)

Lil Kim (1)

Plenty more but they aren't considered "opinionated" so it doesn't fit the ridiculously specific criteria. And you'll probably say "this was before they were opinionated" but that really has nothing to do with race. Plenty of artists get snubbed when they become opinionated and they can be of any race.

• famous changed the title to Azealia Banks
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived