Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and other '1989' phrases

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

It's so weird because I could never see Taylor as the type to be such a money hungry person given how much she does for her fans and how generous she seems. It could all be a facade though.

This is starting to make the allegations of her being a "wolf in sheep's clothing" a little more believable. :gum:

Now I suppose I'm on katy's side :emma:

Purr more, hiss less.

Gianni Versace

how does this makes her earn more money? i don't get it :flop:

I believe they'd have to pay to use that phrase and also, official merchandise would only be sold so anything with the phrases she copyrighted would be illegal and she could sue for $Big$Buck$$. 

FATCAT

how does this makes her earn more money? i don't get it :flop:

If people use those phrases in anything profitable, she gets a portion of the proceeds.

Purr more, hiss less.

Some of these phrases are far too generic to be trademarked. This really is quite petty (a brilliant business move if they're approved though)

I won't die, but I can't live without you

Gagaloo911

She is the definition of #BlingNotTheMusic

This so much tho.

I mean how greedy does she need to be, she's selling more albums than any other musician and 99% of artists will never sell as much as she is, not to mention her tour sales which is going to be insane and she will make a f*ckton of cash off that, what the hell does she need even more for?

#BlingNotTheMusic

Redstreak

Some of y'all just try so hard to fault people for nonsensical things. :rip: She's just trademarking phrases that she's going to be using for tour merch, it's literally nothing to get worked up over :toofunny:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Paper Planes

Very smart business move. Prohibits anybody from making money off of her words and she can rake in that merchandise profit.

It's not like she's a vicious monster with her money either. Just this Christmas, we watched her spoil her biggest fans with heartfelt, yet probably expensive, boxes of gifts and donations. I'm sure that won't be the last time she does it, either.

delete it fat

HarryTheNight

i love this woman to death but i think this is a bit ridiculous. i dont even understand the point

Archived