💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and other '1989' phrases

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely ridiculous. "sick beat" reference in Beyonce´s Yonce >>> her whole career.

Let me just say this. I prefer artists which primary force behind their music is the artistry itself, not  the success. Her whole transition to pop seems to have only one (or the biggest one) goal - to make more impact and make more money. She has just become a brand for me, nothing more. Her music pretty sucks these days.

Gianni Versace

Absolutely ridiculous. "sick beat" reference in Beyonce´s Yonce >>> her whole career.

Let me just say this. I prefer artists which primary force behind their music is the artistry itself, not  the success. Her whole transition to pop seems to have only one (or the biggest one) goal - to make more impact and make more money. She has just become a brand for me, nothing more. Her music pretty sucks these days.

:lmao:

I love this post

ItsTommyBitch

Tbh :emma:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

This.

It's sad that music these days are highly regarded for the single and album sales and no. of weeks clogging the charts than the quality and artistry.

ahahah I find it hilarious that she goes out trade marking lyrics! the moment when she suffers the decline that every artist does she s gonna be miserable inside

:applause:

Just when this girl couldn't get any more unlikeable, she does. To think she was once that humble, curly haired girl who wore "t-shirts and sneakers" and sat "on the bleachers" and now she's no longer relatable, stuck-up and money hungry. I would be pi**sed if my favourite artists went through a transformation like this when they became super rich. For her to think that "this sick beat" hasn't already been said umpteen times and that "nice to meet you, where you been" is some sort of groundbreaking lyric that needs to be protected, she is well and truly delusional. Some of you are out of your minds for thinking this situation is right and/or funny. This reminds me of Beyonce and Jay Z trying to get Blue Ivy's name trademarked and this woman got contacted by their management because she had a company called Blue Ivy...despite the fact that the company was around long before Blue Ivy was even conceived. Certain people really do sell their soul to the devil when they reach a certain level of fame and live in a completely different world where logic and fairness don't exist. No way will I ever give one penny of my money to these egomaniacs.

Let's be honest, though- her "t-shirts and sneakers on the bleachers" stuff was also pretty rude and shady. It's a socially acceptable way of saying "I'm better than that other girl because I wear different clothes," "I'm not stuck up because I'm not a cheerleader," 

Besides, the whole "She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers," is kindof a whack lyric when you're performing on stage to thousands of people every night- that's being a cheer captain, not being on the bleachers. 

I'm not trying to flamebait or be shady. I just genuinely believe that a lot of Taylor's "niceness" is an act. I believe she's a nice girl, but also that a lot of her decisions aren't rooted in genuine appreciation for artistry and her fans. 

Remember when her ex-manager wrote that article about why she's successful and said that after she was told "If you want to sell 500,000 records, you need to meet 500,000 people," and said she started staying late after shows to sign things and met with fans whenever she could? It makes me wonder how much of her kindness is because she genuinely feels an urge to be sweet and how much of it is so she can keep "meeting 500,000 people" to sell more albums. 

Gianni Versace

Let's be honest, though- her "t-shirts and sneakers on the bleachers" stuff was also pretty rude and shady. It's a socially acceptable way of saying "I'm better than that other girl because I wear different clothes," "I'm not stuck up because I'm not a cheerleader," 

Besides, the whole "She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers," is kindof a whack lyric when you're performing on stage to thousands of people every night- that's being a cheer captain, not being on the bleachers. 

I'm not trying to flamebait or be shady. I just genuinely believe that a lot of Taylor's "niceness" is an act. I believe she's a nice girl, but also that a lot of her decisions aren't rooted in genuine appreciation for artistry and her fans. 

Remember when her ex-manager wrote that article about why she's successful and said that after she was told "If you want to sell 500,000 records, you need to meet 500,000 people," and said she started staying late after shows to sign things and met with fans whenever she could? It makes me wonder how much of her kindness is because she genuinely feels an urge to be sweet and how much of it is so she can keep "meeting 500,000 people" to sell more albums. 

absolutely this.

If i were famous and I genuinely wanted to do things for my fans I wouldn't document it or anything because I wouldn't want it to look like I was only doing it for coverage. 

Archived