Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Howard Stern: "I love that Sam Smith is fat"

Valextra

Featured Posts

Vernier

It's Howard Stern, he's basically like a male Joan Rivers(well a lot less funny), this is kind of his schtick and he says things like this a lot for anyone who's ever listened to his show :emma:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did I even bother commenting on this thread. God GGD is so dull sometimes.

I'm totally agree with your points.

I guess that some people don't have mirrors in their home. 

I'm totally agree with your points.

I guess that some people don't have mirrors in their home. 

I mean, I don't feel the need to go around here and tell these little twinks that they need to eat a cheeseburger, because 1. I don't know who they are or where they come from 2. People are beautiful in many different sizes and 3. I'm not a child.

La La La and Latch are not his songs, and wtf Money On My Mind? That was not a hit. Stay With Me was huge, I'm Not the Only One was big but not as big as Stay With Me. Those two are the only hits he's got that are actually his songs

I'm not a fan of his, but let's be fair here. He has co-writes on both La La La and Latch and they aren't typical features, in that he's the lead (and only) vocalist on each. It's not like Naughty Boy and Disclosure were even heard of in the US before those songs either, so I think it says a lot. To the casual radio listener those songs are Sam Smith songs, and they could easily be on his album with him as the only credited artist.

Money On My Mind was only big across Europe, especially in the UK. I don't even know if it was released in the US tbh.

FFXSoul91

8-10? Please have a seat! Please :manicure:

That was being realistic. Only people who are offended by homos-xuality are the older generation

Prob where u live at.

You are incredibly sheltered.

are you from the US?

and why does features suddenly not count?

I'm not a fan of his, but let's be fair here. He has co-writes on both La La La and Latch and they aren't typical features, in that he's the lead (and only) vocalist on each. It's not like Naughty Boy and Disclosure were even heard of in the US before those songs either, so I think it says a lot. To the casual radio listener those songs are Sam Smith songs, and they could easily be on his album with him as the only credited artist.

Money On My Mind was only big across Europe, especially in the UK. I don't even know if it was released in the US tbh.

Yes, I'm from the US so that's probably why I've never heard of that song. It's not known here, I don't think it was even released as a single. And I'm only saying that those songs aren't his, even if he wrote on them and sang on them. That's not his style of music either. It's like saying Uptown Funk is a Bruno Mars song. Is it his song? No. Does that mean people don't know it's him and think it's his song? Of course they do lol. I'm just saying he's only got two hits from his own stuff, his own style, what he put out himself. Not saying the others don't count I'm just saying they're not his nor are they the style of music that he makes. He's only got 2 hits (in the US at least) that he got totally on his own accord.

Robotboy

Yes, I'm from the US so that's probably why I've never heard of that song. It's not known here, I don't think it was even released as a single. And I'm only saying that those songs aren't his, even if he wrote on them and sang on them. That's not his style of music either. It's like saying Uptown Funk is a Bruno Mars song. Is it his song? No. Does that mean people don't know it's him and think it's his song? Of course they do lol. I'm just saying he's only got two hits from his own stuff, his own style, what he put out himself. Not saying the others don't count I'm just saying they're not his nor are they the style of music that he makes. He's only got 2 hits (in the US at least) that he got totally on his own accord.

well it was a UK #1. i think his 2nd single? stay with me was his 3rd :huh: not sure.

it went platinum in many european countries including mine

anyway whatever. howard is a jerk thats the point of this thread :thetea:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

TimisaMonster

So basically Sam has gay face...is ugly...and fat...

:megaflop:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I don't like Sam Smith's music but I wouldn't say anything bad about his appearance, it's not kind, especially in a position like Howard's.

However, I believe Howard should have conveyed what he said differently.

Batwings

In a world of unrealistic body expectations that are further intensified by the gay community, it's sad to see that "fat" shaming is so common to people. Sam could stand to lose some weight, but I don't think he's morbidly obese at all. It's sad to see members think it's okay to talk this way. You all sound like a bunch of nasty animals.

Welcome to GGD. I've dealt with body issues my entire life, so I try to avoid commenting on threads related to weight/body size because of how nasty some members can be.

In a world of unrealistic body expectations that are further intensified by the gay community, it's sad to see that "fat" shaming is so common to people. Sam could stand to lose some weight, but I don't think he's morbidly obese at all. It's sad to see members think it's okay to talk this way. You all sound like a bunch of nasty animals.

I don't speak in therm of beauty, but in therm of healthy. Having an healthy weight is not ''unrealistic'' like you said. I will never understand people defending overweight.

Coming from a geeky looking straight guy with long hair, that's a huge complement. Straight guys care very little about other guys being handsome.

Welcome to GGD. I've dealt with body issues my entire life, so I try to avoid commenting on threads related to weight/body size because of how nasty some members can be.

I guess I should consider the audience here.

Judging by those pictures of Sam with his shirt off he may very well be on the borderline of being obese based on a weight to height ratio. 

I don't get why there is no problem calling out smokers for their unhealthy habit, and throwing the CANCER word in their face 24/7, but its not okay to educate overweight people on things like heart disease, high cholesterol, and diabetes without the PC police saying we are fat shaming.  If anything we would like to see you take some control of your life and live a healthy one.

And on another side note the man isn't hideous like Sloth from the Goonies, but in the context of Pop Music lets be real.  He is not the look they normally go for when pushing an artist to the mainstream.  Again good on him that he was able to break through with his voice and strike a chord with millions of fans.

Archived