💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Yahoo! Music shades ARTPOP, and Gaga fans

Ursula Buffay

Featured Posts

Ursula Buffay

I know it's a bit old but I couldn't find any link to this article on Gaga Daily, I think it's pretty impressive how they could say that, given that their subsidiary Yahoo! Live transmitted Gaga's last artRave concert in Paris.

ARTFLOP: 5 Reasons Why Gaga’s Latest Album Campaign Is Failing

"ARTPOP's" lead single, "Applause," did not have that same widespread appeal [compared to the Born This Way song]. With lyrics like "One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me … Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me," the song was to date her most Warhol-ian meta-a--lysis of the nature and concept of fame (it's not an unfamiliar subject to Gaga, see "The Fame" and "Paparazzi" from her debut album).

Sorry, but that's just too much for most people to digest on the dance floor. Most of Gaga's fan base does not even know who artist Jeff Koons is.

According to Yahoo! Music, the reasons why ARTPOP is failing are :

1) It's Too Highbrow

2) The Music Isn't Top Notch

3) The Album Is Inconsistent

4) Is Doesn't Live Up to the Competition

5) Gaga Fatigue

Time for Yahoo! Music to show some compassion after the shades :

The bottom line: despite the "ARTFLOP" Gaga is going to weather this storm just fine. She was just named by Forbes as the second highest grossing touring artist of the past year (Madonna was #1), and she'll probably continue to sell out stadiums across the world. "ARTPOP" is a rare slight misstep in what has been a meteoric rise to fame since late 2008, but it's certainly by no means a complete failure. Talent always prevails and in that department, the Lady is well equipped.

Read it all :

https://www.yahoo.com/music/bp/artflop-5-reasons-why-gaga-latest-album-campaign-033204360.html

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingOfSpain

does anybody care?

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Blue Jeans

Why are we still talking about ARTPOP :awkney:

its 2015 , Let it go....

and that article is old, the OP is useless...

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Archived