Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do people assume that ARTPOP was rushed?

Ronlop

Featured Posts

Why do people assume that ARTPOP was rushed?

lady-gaga-artpop-1384296044.jpg

Alot of people here assume that ARTPOP was rushed and was a last-minute creation. Gaga did admit that her management didn't give her enough time to work on the Applause video. The marketing campaign for the album was mismanaged and was rushed.  However, is ARTPOP (the album) itself a rushed work?

In one of Gaga's most honest interviews, she specifically says: "I love ARTPOP so much. I mean... that album got me through the hardest time. Making that record healed my soul every single night.".

It doesn't seem like Gaga was disappointed by the album at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGgW1iGCg1s

39:43

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

No it wasn't rushed, it just underwent a lot of concept & collaboration changes, some of the songs kinda ended up being mismatched because of this on the record imo.

It was still a 2-3 year creation imo

I mean she apparently had enough time to create another "ACT" that she will probably never release. I don't think the album was rushed.

Fiona Apple

it wasnt rushed. it was over produced 

Overproduced*

It was just sooooo overproduced... 

I don't think so, it was supposed to be released earlier than it was until her injury which forced her to review most of what she had done

also the "overproduced" comments must be trolling, this isn't BTW where you had so many layers you couldn't make out a single stem

Pure Adrenaline

well she said so .... she wasn't healed 100% when the promotion for the 1st single begin, she just meant that she wasn't ready to start album campaign not that the album wasn't ready

and Gaga never said she was disapointed in ARTPOP 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Sam Dey

ARTPOP wasn't overproduced. Born This Way was. ARTPOP just wasn't produced by producers who understood the "pop" genre. Zedd and Madeon aren't pop dj's. It should've been produced by RedOne.

Overproduced :lmao:

Because people say anything to try to justify it "flopping" except enjoying it and realizing it did well enough.

tomsches

for me it was rushed in the sense that  some songs sound like she just wrote down what came to her mind without overthinking them 

AlexanderMagno

I think it was the opposite of rushed!  :flop:

This.

It's not overproduced, but overthought.

Archived