💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Karl Lagerfeld: "I hate ugly people, very depressing"

Valextra

Featured Posts

Haroon

I'm guessing "ugly people" aren't exactly his biggest fans either, so the feeling is mutual I guess :duck:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy McQueen

explain it then

Well, I wish I could translate it well. There are several interviews in his mother language where he talks about shalloweness and the superficial fashion world and he doesn't judge people by their appearance and is a really smart man. He is friends with Beth Ditto and Gerhard Steidl for example, both are not looking like conventional models! This persona he creates for the media isn't the real man behind the glasses.

Andy McQueen

Yeah this. God knows what he really said or meant, if I don't see a video I'm not believing it. He could be joking, not the best joke out there for sure :toofunny:, but it's still a joke?

German is my mother language too like his, I watched several long interviews with him, he isn't as superficial as it seems at all! I think this is just some sort of persona/alter ego he created to protect himself from the media and yes, he could be joking since he has some weird sort of humor. But no matter if he has a great personality or not and he really is as shallow as it seems, he is an incredibly smart man and quite talented, I think.

AbuHassan1992

Well, I wish I could translate it well. There are several interviews in his mother language where he talks about shalloweness and the superficial fashion world and he doesn't judge people by their appearance and is a really smart man. He is friends with Beth Ditto and Gerhard Steidl for example, both are not looking like conventional models! This persona he creates for the media isn't the real man behind the glasses.

lol so why the hell does he say he hates ugly people and they're depressing

German is my mother language too like his, I watched several long interviews with him, he isn't as superficial as it seems at all! I think this is just some sort of persona/alter ego he created to protect himself from the media and yes, he could be joking since he has some weird sort of humor. But no matter if he has a great personality or not and he really is as shallow as it seems, he is an incredibly smart man and quite talented, I think.

lol it doesn't matter what he's really like as long as this is how he presents himself.

"Ich kann mich, Gott sei Dank, [ñ񂬩] ĂƒÆ’ÂŒber mich selbst lustig machen. Was mich natĂƒÆ’ÂŒrlich nicht daran hindert, mich auch ĂƒÆ’ÂŒber andere lustig zu machen." - STERN Nr. 51/2006 vom 14. Dezember 2006"

I can,thank god, make fun of myself. And that is what doesn't stop me to make fun of others" 

Andy McQueen

lol so why the hell does he say he hates ugly people and they're depressing

"Life is not a beauty contest, some ugly people are really great. What I hate is nasty, ugly people." - Karl Lagerfeld

I also think what he means might be "bad dressed" people more than the natural looks alone.

Here's a great interview with him, most of you can't speak german but I will post it anyway, here he clearly states that "People who judge humans by their appearance are stupid and shallow":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs5M_Txlhms

"Ich kann mich, Gott sei Dank, [ñ񂬩] ĂƒÆ’ÂŒber mich selbst lustig machen. Was mich natĂƒÆ’ÂŒrlich nicht daran hindert, mich auch ĂƒÆ’ÂŒber andere lustig zu machen." - STERN Nr. 51/2006 vom 14. Dezember 2006"

I can,thank god, make fun of myself. And that is what doesn't stop me to make fun of others" 

Ich fand ihn in diesen Interviews ganz, ganz toll, ich glaube nicht dass er so oberflĂƒÆ’Â€chlich und unhĂƒÆ’Â¶flich ist wie ihn die Medien prĂƒÆ’Â€sentieren, aber keine Ahnung:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgcT91eElUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha0Uz5Q5pzU

lol it doesn't matter what he's really like as long as this is how he presents himself.

Well, I guess you are right ...

I didn't see any beauty on any of the pictures though? Not the models, not him.

Beauty is subjective. :applause: But everything can be beautiful if you try to see it with love ... :)

darkchylde

Beauty is subjective. :applause: But everything can be beautiful if you try to see it with love ... :)

I'm just never able to find it on these super "handsome" "perfect" models. Not even the guy in the Blank Space video was beautiful to me.

Andy McQueen

I'm just never able to find it on these super "handsome" "perfect" models. Not even the guy in the Blank Space video was beautiful to me.

Same, me neither. Guess everyone has a different taste ...

He should stop hating himself then. But honestly I think he®s had some issues with himself since ever and this is just the projection.

Archived