💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Australian Actress Caitlin Stasey: I'm Lesbian Despite Male Partner

Bebe

Featured Posts

Australian actress Caitlin Stasey has said she is a lesbian despite having a boyfriend.

The former Neighbours star spoke candidly about her s-xuality and posed naked for her new feminist website Herself, which was launched Saturday (10 January).

'I know it troubles people for me to refer to myself as a lesbian considering I have a male partner,' she wrote.

'I think they gather that it trivialises the plight of the LGBTQIA community, and although that couldn’t be further from the truth at this point in my life I’m trying to steer as far from labelling as possible. Compartmentalising myself only leads to condemnation and contradiction. I’m happier being fluid and I’m happier being honest.'

Stasey is from Melbourne but now lives in Los Angeles and said is in a 'somewhat open relationship with the love of my life,' American actor Lucas Neff.She recalled having 'vivid dreams about other women' as an adolescent, which she said was the reason why she is adamant that LGBTI characters feature in children’s entertainment.

'I think s-xual education needs to morph into something far more comprehensive and less transphobic,' she said.

'We need to discuss things like stretch marks, acne, gender identity, gender fluidity, safe s-x between same s-x couples, sensitivity and empathy towards LGBTQIA students and masturbation.'

Caitlin.jpeg

Source: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/ex-neighbours-star-caitlin-stasey-im-lesbian-despite-male-partner140115

Haroon

I'm confused, she says she refers to herself as a lesbian but then also says she's trying to steer as far from labeling as possible :huh: Also, what does the "I" and "A" mean in "LGBTQIA"? :confused:

I'm glad she's in a happy relationship with someone she loves :flutter:

I don't know, the more she says is confusing, but I like her, she is trying to deal with all of these labels as an actress.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Also, what does the "I" and "A" mean in "LGBTQIA"? :confused:

I for inters-x, A for as-xual.

I can't be doing with this nonsense: 'lesbian with a boyfriend'. A lesbian is a woman who loves women exclusively, end of. If that's not you, call yourself something else, if nothing else fits, don't call yourself anything.

RAMROD

Lesbionest, she isn't.

But more power to her.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Well, for one, this nonsense about having to come out to the world if you are different should stop, unless you feel the need to say something to the world.. You should never have to or feel obligated to, it should be natural.

She can be confused, she is young, maybe she shouldn't have to pick and choose. It can be natural, she likes what she likes and we all do.

We are humans trying to be, live and let die.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

I've heard of this before, and I just.. don't understand it. I don't walk in her shoes, or her life, but I'm just thinking: why?...
If you're a lesbian, why betray your s-xual and emotional feelings? I'm a gay man, and although I aesthetically love women, I could never have a female companion. It just wouldn't work. I'd love to know, logically, why she would do this. Fair enough, everyone is different, but it just intrigues me... 

I'd also feel sorry for her male partner, since I'm sure he'll always be thinking: "Well, if she's exclusively into women; why is she with me? Do I do anything for her?.. I love her but does she really love me?' 

Archived