Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: ARTPOP was her critically and commercially worst album

Yanko

Featured Posts

Cool Billboard, just gloss over TFM. No biggie.

Thank you. Ugh, they are getting on my last nerve, tbh.

At least they're helping with the hype. :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

Jesus, will the media EVER let her live it down? I mean, the album has been out for over a year, for God's sake. I just ****ing hate how everyone is acting as though Gaga is the first major artist to ever have an album with underwhelming sales. I mean, even your precious queen Madonna's had flop albums. 

If Gaga wants to team up with RedOne again, that's fine, but people shouldn't bash her for wanting to work with other people because they want her to work with someone who will produce guaranteed hits for her. 

YASS

This shows that if she is with RedOne, everyone is more excited about her

(inb4 she recognizes that and stops working with him out of rebellion/wanting to prove that she can do it without him :toofunny: )

dont say that! :lmao:

Yes the hype is real, but I still think that critic and people were too much harsh on ARTPOP, maybe her worst work, but to me still a good-great work especially if we compared it with the TRASH that people praise nowadays. 

yeah i agree it still has bops 

Born Brave

If billboard hated Gaga they wouldn't have just named her in the top 10 on so many of those irrelevant top 10 things of the decade lists... 

Bambino

It was unnecessary to say that but tbh they didn't make it up. But that doesn't mean ARTPOP is musically a bad album. It's only a commercially and maybe critically bad album when you compare it to her previous works.

Vernier

I love how people act like a reunion with RedOne definitely guarantees commercial success again :lollipop:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Swan Heart

1. Mentioning ARTPOP as her worst commerially performing album wasn't needed.

2. "Old Gaga" ??? I personally want Gaga NOW but with RedOne. They create magic.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Stefani328

Don't worry that is what you will get

I actually think Gaga is too forward thinking sometimes, but yeah, she will definitely try to do something new, but something that is up to par with her legacy prior to ARTPOP

How can we just assume Gaga and Red One will make magic together? Yes, they did years ago but working together now does not guaranteed a hit album. I would rather her work with someone new and have a fresh sound. 

I love how people act like a reunion with RedOne definitely guarantees commercial success again :lollipop:

I feel the same way. 

Blank Space

YASS

This shows that if she is with RedOne, everyone is more excited about her

(inb4 she recognizes that and stops working with him out of rebellion/wanting to prove that she can do it without him :toofunny: )

this tbh :giveup: get ready for ARTPOP 2.0 :legend:

How can we just assume Gaga and Red One will make magic together? Yes, they did years ago but working together now does not guaranteed a hit album. I would rather her work with someone new and have a fresh sound. 

Do you think Just Dance, Alejandro and BR and Scheiße sound the same?

They don't of course

Just because it's the same producer, the end result will not be the same thing, you can have the fresh sound you want

Interesting. Billboard is my critically and commercially worst website of choice.  :later:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Stefani328

Do you think Just Dance, Alejandro and BR and Scheiße sound the same?

They don't of course

Just because it's the same producer, the end result will not be the same thing, you can have the fresh sound you want

I just want her to go forward not backwards. 

LoveandMagic

Eh, I know a lot of people (and some critics) weren't feeling ARTPOP, but I personally liked (most of) ARTPOP. It's by no means my favorite album, but I grew to enjoy it.

It's not as terrible as an album as ppl made it out to be. It was just a basic, yet good album. Just not memorable. Either way I feel the audience would still criticize Gaga if she went back to Her own ways..: she just can't win

I agree. But I think most radio listeners just want an infectious ear candy to listen to, so if she does that and promotes it well she will have a hit. But she probably would be chastised by the critics for playing it safe.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived