💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do What U Want: bigger than we give credit for?

Arturo

Featured Posts

Such a waste....All of my friends instantly fell in love with DWUW the first time I played it for them, and these are people who really don't like Gaga's music  :laughga:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the video streams likely would've propelled it into the top 10, maybe controversy would've pushed it to 1, but look what happened with Adore You after Wrecking Ball was immensely successful

the only way to really know what would've happened to to alter time and considering that's not possible :emma:  we have to accept it won't go down as one of her most remembered songs

Arturo

What are its sales WW anyway (without the US sales I mean)

It sold 260k+ in the U.K but that's not including the the 80,000 instant gratification sales that weren't allowed to chart in its first 3 weeks, putting it at 340k (more than Applause). Another thing, if its first 3 weeks would've been eligible, DWUW would have spent 6 weeks in the U.K Top 10, not 3. That's more than Applause's 5.

It Canada it was certified Gold (40,000) early on but in January it went Top 3 there and had massive Christmas sales. Should be over 200,000 in Canada, nearing 3x Platinum.

It's Platinum in Sweden (40,000) and Gold in Italy (15,000).

It was certified Platinum in Denmark in streaming for over 2,600,000 on-demand streams there.

ApolloandVenus

it was massive in Australia. On the radio all the time and every clothes store played it 24/7. plus, they played the remixes at parties i went to (none monster parties)

A Beats commercial that was played for a week hardly even counts. That commercial was nonexistent in the U.S after DWUW's initial release, unlike Applause's commercial which still made frequent appearances in early 2014.

it is still a decent promo. it makes sense that commercial was released a week before to create hype and tv comericial can reach millions of audiences. plus, it is advertised along with Beats (a very popular product).

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Katsuki Bakugo

#12 with very little promo, no video! IMAGINE  what it could have done!!! UGH gags

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

DWUWPerez

A Beats commercial that was played for a week hardly even counts. That commercial was nonexistent in the U.S after DWUW's initial release, unlike Applause's commercial which still made frequent appearances in early 2014.

You know, it's always been my theory that Beats & Gaga had a deal. If you remember the DWUW video had a Beats pill in it. I was thinking that, the deal was that if there was product placement for Beats in her next video, they would put DWUW in their commercial. After Gaga didn't release the video, maybe that's why they pulled the commercial in the US? 

BringDaNoize

It was a big hit. I mean, not a lot of u know that it was bigger radio hit than Telephone and LoveGame. Gaga sure lost a lot of streaming points without video (streaming is like 20-30% on the hot 100) and DWUW is the 58th best radio song and the 84th hot 100 song of 2014. I still think she should've released this tacky video, it would've been a top 3 for sure.

migamiga

I've had the same the thoughts but I feel like sales really didn't take a hit until 2014. In comparison to other songs at the time, it was only selling moderately well. But I'm not one of those fans who deem it a flop. I'm just sad cause I felt like it deserved so much more recognition from people and should've been a bigger hit.

BringDaNoize

it was massive in Australia. On the radio all the time and every clothes store played it 24/7. plus, they played the remixes at parties i went to (none monster parties)

That's so not true. Even really flop singles getting that gold certification for 35.000 or 7.500 copies. DWUW got none  :emo:

Arturo

I've had the same the thoughts but I feel like sales really didn't take a hit until 2014. In comparison to other songs at the time, it was only selling moderately well. But I'm not one of those fans who deem it a flop. I'm just sad cause I felt like it deserved so much more recognition from people and should've been a bigger hit.

Sales began to dip in 2013.

Desperado

It absolutely was. A lot of people know the song. It was a hit. If it would've had a video to increase streaming, it would've peaked far higher. 

yep

chiuga

it's one of her best pop songs, the groove, the melody, the passion, R Kelly's mellow voice~~~ DIVINE!

Archived