• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely beautiful music video.

People already over s-xualizing it though :rip:

yeah :rip:

like i didnt even read the essay's i just cringed and that was it :smh: 

Hellspont

I didn't get anything s-xual until i read the comments on here and youtube, people immediately go for that :rip: i immediately thought father/daughter relationship its pretty obvious , plus its beautifully shot and choreographed.

video of the year already? 

Mythos

I didn't get anything s-xual until i read the comments on here and youtube, people immediately go for that :rip: i immediately thought father/daughter relationship its pretty obvious , plus its beautifully shot and choreographed.

video of the year already? 

Definitely, those two, and especially Shia, are just amazing in the video. 

codymonster

But they're not in real life, nor is is such a relationship made obvious in the video. It's only from reading comments from fans that I even found out what the storyline is supposed to be. Because it could be interpreted many ways. I thought they were meant to be animals caged for the purpose of fighting. I didn't interpret this as father/daughter at all. It was almost romantic in parts and the proximity of their bodies didn't help. If they were both adults, it would be presumed that it was all going to lead to s-x, let's be honest. The way Shia was reaching out to touch her and trying to grab her was like looking at a paedophile trying and failing to suppress his urges. It ultimately doesn't matter what the artist's intention was - all that matters is how the public interpret it. And a lot of the public are finding it very creepy and disturbing and thinks it's s-xualising children. I take the s-xualisation of children very seriously and if it were down to me, this video would be removed for its disturbing connotations. I find it very hard to understand why putting a child in a nude leotard to dance in spread-eagled poses is considered art and why this depiction of a child is even allowed in the mainstream media.

I think the fact that you see it this way is more concerning. It's heart wrenching and beautiful, and that's what art is all about. It is a weird display, but when you look into it, you can trace it back to her relationship with her father. Love between a father and daughter is close, and they do touch. Touching doesn't mean s-xual. None of the touching in this video is s-xual. It's loving, and shows that both need each other, like the love between family.

retroglamx

You all need to take a chill pill and sit down for a while. The fact that this video has been properly released means that Maddie's parents or legal representatives agree and are completely comfortable with what the video is portraying whether the public likes it or not? Eff it, Lady Gaga swallowed a rosary and nobody is talking about it anymore. Sia, Maddie and Shia are totally safe.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

gagaisitalian

To those literally reaching to find s-xual imagery in each part of the video-you are the ones to be afraid of.

If you don't understand it as a metaphor and art, and instead you are finding parts of it s-xualized, then you are now the perverted viewer of the video. I've watch this video 10 times today and I don't see and s-xuality being portrayed, only a dramatized and beautiful version of a broken father/daughter relationship.

I truly fell in love with it and once you understand it it gets sadder and sadder with each view that the ideas of what the moves could mean and the storyline that inspired it was too. Hope Sia keeps it up for the rest of the era these videos are so great, she's such an amazing artist.
Truly ARTPOP which makes me think again, how much did u tried gags OGq50.gif

But they're not in real life, nor is is such a relationship made obvious in the video. It's only from reading comments from fans that I even found out what the storyline is supposed to be. Because it could be interpreted many ways. I thought they were meant to be animals caged for the purpose of fighting. I didn't interpret this as father/daughter at all. It was almost romantic in parts and the proximity of their bodies didn't help. If they were both adults, it would be presumed that it was all going to lead to s-x, let's be honest. The way Shia was reaching out to touch her and trying to grab her was like looking at a paedophile trying and failing to suppress his urges. It ultimately doesn't matter what the artist's intention was - all that matters is how the public interpret it. And a lot of the public are finding it very creepy and disturbing and thinks it's s-xualising children. I take the s-xualisation of children very seriously and if it were down to me, this video would be removed for its disturbing connotations. I find it very hard to understand why putting a child in a nude leotard to dance in spread-eagled poses is considered art and why this depiction of a child is even allowed in the mainstream media.

You mean in the end of the song? Because it's quite clear that Maddie is the one pulling Shia towards her.

Robotboy

wow what an amazing follow up to chandelier.

the video is about her father how can people s-xualize it?

i guess those who dont know the meaning.

its ok.  people looove to be dramatic. everything is as it always was and will be.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Archived