💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea: "they've all basically done black music"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Whispering

A distribution deal is different from how they were developed. They didn't have a label making sure the singles were chating, advancing the record, setting up promo for them until Thrift Shop had already started taking off at which point they inked a distribution deal.

Servicing music to radio and getting it into brick and mortar stores =/= a label being cash cows 

Getting your music to radio stations and getting your songs to play on the radio takes money and a major label, and that came directly from the money that M&L spent by hiring a distribution company that is part of a major label.

You were incorrect in your statement that Macklemore and Lewis "didn't have industry help" or that they "never had the desire to be discovered".

They had both industry help and they wanted to be discovered.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey iggy, maybe because Macklemore has acknowledged his male and white privilege and has done a lot to address the inequality that exists in music and society. He's consistently vocal about that and doesn't take it as an attack on him, but a reality of our society. If you're going to appropriate black culture, embrace the implications of it.

ByeBye49

"Well, they don't say that stuff about Macklemore. So, yes, I think it has 100,000 percent to do with the fact that I have a vagina"

:sharon: 

Rat Boy

In my opinion Macklemore and Elvis produced quality music which is probably why they are more respected.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

xzxyyxzx

If they are as smart as my last one then...................? :madge:

His shade don't add up :Madge:

No Angel

Maybe people respect Macklemore more because he acknowledged the fact that a little of his success was due to his whiteness, and maybe if she took the time to climb out of her own ass, she'd understand that people aren't attacking her for no reason. You cannot call yourself a runaway slave master, tweet negative racist **** and automatically think you're welcomed into a Black-dominated genre. She may have apologized, but I cannot forgive that... especially when you're trying to get into a genre based on the Black struggle. It took a long time for me to warm up to Macklemore, because I just hated the way the media hyped him up, but after his most recent interview, I really respect him and his opinion on race. He gets it and that makes me happy. That's why people respect him... and maybe because he's rapping about, real things? No?

Even her deluded mentor, T.I. had the nerve to say "Racism isn't in Iggy's DNA, because it's an American thing." Like racism and subtle forms of ignorance don't run rampant around the Globe. He's proving again that he only cares for the cash she brings in for him rather than his dignity as a black man. He doesn't even understand the history, it's sad. And the nerve of her to really bring Elvis into the conversation. He stole from unknown Black musicians who couldn't be placed on popular charts because of their skin color. Even Gaga acknowledged the history of Jazz. It's just the little things that people should know before going into something like she has. That was a horrible example to try and get us to understand. Nobody is saying she can't do it, but she's proved more and more that she's a fraud. You can't even do a proper freestyle, you won't get respect. For someone who's a rapper, she sure does not take criticism well at all. Strike back in the music you rap, stop being sensitive. It's Hip-Hop, no one's going to treat you like a baby or a pop-star. Nicki and Kim weren't treated like that, so you definitely won't get a soft pillow to cry on when people (of all races and genre-tastes) come for you.

The amount of people on here who want respect for everyone in the LGBT community, but ignore the anger black people (and other minorities) are displaying that their stuff is being taken away from them is astounding. But people (like a lot in this thread) will eat her music up, because black people getting up and arms about the things they create isn't that important and they're only race-baiting to play victim. Hip-Hop is only for black people when it's about violence, d--gs, disrespecting women, etc., but when a White person is doing it, getting major media attention, getting acclaim and Grammys, it's for everyone. Ok.

Maybe people respect Macklemore more because he acknowledged the fact that a little of his success was due to his whiteness, and maybe if she took the time to climb out of her own ass, she'd understand that people aren't attacking her for no reason. You cannot call yourself a runaway slave master, tweet negative racist **** and automatically think you're welcomed into a Black-dominated genre. She may have apologized, but I cannot forgive that... especially when you're trying to get into a genre based on the Black struggle. It took a long time for me to warm up to Macklemore, because I just hated the way the media hyped him up, but after his most recent interview, I really respect him and his opinion on race. He gets it and that makes me happy. That's why people respect him... and maybe because he's rapping about, real things? No?

Even her deluded mentor, T.I. had the nerve to say "Racism isn't in Iggy's DNA, because it's an American thing." Like racism and subtle forms of ignorance don't run rampant around the Globe. He's proving again that he only cares for the cash she brings in for him rather than his dignity as a black man. He doesn't even understand the history, it's sad. And the nerve of her to really bring Elvis into the conversation. He stole from unknown Black musicians who couldn't be placed on popular charts because of their skin color. Even Gaga acknowledged the history of Jazz. It's just the little things that people should know before going into something like she has. That was a horrible example to try and get us to understand. Nobody is saying she can't do it, but she's proved more and more that she's a fraud. You can't even do a proper freestyle, you won't get respect. For someone who's a rapper, she sure does not take criticism well at all. Strike back in the music you rap, stop being sensitive. It's Hip-Hop, no one's going to treat you like a baby or a pop-star. Nicki and Kim weren't treated like that, so you definitely won't get a soft pillow to cry on when people (of all races and genre-tastes) come for you.

The amount of people on here who want respect for everyone in the LGBT community, but ignore the anger black people (and other minorities) are displaying that their stuff is being taken away from them is astounding. But people (like a lot in this thread) will eat her music up, because black people getting up and arms about the things they create isn't that important and they're only race-baiting to play victim. Hip-Hop is only for black people when it's about violence, d--gs, disrespecting women, etc., but when a White person is doing it, getting major media attention, getting acclaim and Grammys, it's for everyone. Ok.

:manicure: Watch them completely ignore this post's content and keep asking "But why is Azealia rude?"

It's funny you come at people who support the LGBT community though.

I went to see "Dear White People" the other day... well, you should have heard the amount of black "ai noooo maaanng gayss ewww" reactions after that gay kiss. Like 6 of them got up and left the cinema! Black people are all the way in arms for racial discrimination, but they don't really give a **** about s-xual discrimination either.

The rest of it, you're totally right.

DrewStevens

She obviously doesn't understand the situation but it's normal considering the amount of unnecessary hate she has been getting. No one tried to educate her before all this mess. She will always think that it is a personal attack because that was the only thing she received for months before people started making great points about the situation.

The racist iggy supporters on here .

She is white and she has the right to make rap. period.

Yes her tweets are racist at worst, unsensitive at best, she apologized. Does that make her a racist white woman? No. 

Yes her music is bad, she doesnt care.

The Macklemore argument is so ****ty. He is just smarter than Iggy, thats all.

She is not missing the point. She doesnt owe any apologies to anyone at this point. 

It's called freedom of expression.

I dont like her and I dont support her tweets, but the backlash she is receiving is as ridiculous as her music. 

Calling out the delusional haters doesnt make me a supporter.  :bye:

giphy.gif

I can't really hold anything that she said in this interview against her. Maybe what she said about Elvis, though.

I don't have a problem with Iggy doing pop/rap. Your race shouldn't disallow you from doing a certain music genre. But when the Grammys (the supposedly most-acclaimed music authority) suddenly award a song like Fancy so much for Hip-Hop categories over other more deservedly songs, it does raise eyebrows. I think she should respectfully acknowledge it instead of blindly defending herself. Like how Macklemore has handled it.

However, it's clear that she's clueless and completely oblivious to it, and I can definitely understand Azealia Bank's frustration. I wish she wasn't, because she's a platform in which to voice these issues.

Archived