💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sam Smith Blasts "Awful" Modern Pop Stars

Prometheus

Featured Posts

Prometheus

Sam Smith graces the latest cover of V Magazine, but the chest hair he flaunts is a footnote to the interview in which Smith calls certain modern pop stars "awful."

Which stars Smith would include in that description is, of course, a mystery. We do know the "Stay With Me" singer's complaints stem from his contemporaries' poor attitudes.

"Even when you meet them -- I won't name names -- but some of these pop stars are just awful," Smith told Chaka Khan, who conducted the interview. "And they have not even had half the success that you've had and yet you're so humble and kind."

Khan responded by saying it's "people skills" that make the difference. "Talking to a screen all day long takes the human experience out," she said. "Luckily I grew up in a time when we only had a telephone at home."

Smith is part of a chorus of criticisms leveled at today's pop acts. Bette Midler and Annie Lennox have lambasted the s-xualization of female pop stars, Dave Grohl finds pop music "superficial," Patti LaBelle thinks today's divas are "little heifers who can’t sing" and Lily Allen says pop is full of "f--king Botoxed idiots."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/06/sam-smith-awful-pop-stars_n_6422680.html?ir=Gay%2BVoices&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga Ate My Ass

Fame really got to his head and now hes so pretentious. You cant even sing that well and your s-xual preference is brainwashing people into thinking you're talented. lol at the "i grew up in a time where we used telephones" SIS we all did! Stop talking like you're 40 you are only 22. People born on the late 80s and early 90s are so delusional :air:

tumblr_mghu8sUijn1r5kl7zo1_500.gif

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

SISTERV

Fame really got to his head and now hes so pretentious. You cant even sing that well and your s-xual preference is brainwashing people into thinking you're talented. lol at the "i grew up in a time where we used telephones" SIS we all did! Stop talking like you're 40 you are only 22. People born on the late 80s and early 90s are so delusional :air:

your comment is so stupid.

KingOfSpain

I agree mostly, but I don't like him tbh.

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Goosey

I grew up in a time when we only had a wood stove at home :huh:

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

trutheverafter

lol he's 22?! I think he looks much older than he is. 

„Talk is cheap but costs a lot“

KingOfSpain

Its his opinion  :coffee:

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Gaga Ate My Ass

I rather be stupid than pretend to like a gay artist that sings badly

Well it's obvious that a lot of people in that ambient are like that, they're everywhere, nothing new or surprising.

Archived