💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

ionnalee / iamamiwhoami

squeala

Featured Posts

HEARTHUNTER

I really love the singer. I actually love EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PROJECT. It's so cohesive, so beautiful visually, you guys made me discover a pearl. SHE'S SO GENUINE AND PASSIONATE ABOUT HER MUSIC AND WORK AND THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL TO SEE (;A;)/

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squeala

news from our SHOP:

you can now register and log in to your personal TWIMC SHOP account to view your order status and order history, as well as viewing your "diver status".
with every order purchased you can advance your "diver status" from "explorer" to "deep blue diver". each new level gives a discount in our SHOP.
register with your email to retrieve your discounts for previous orders.
our SHOP will remember your previous orders.

• 2 weeks later...
squeala

They just announced another In Concert but for Blue :giveup: April 29th prepare your weaves :nooo: 

You were so fast

Tove Lo

I discovered them the other day and I am slayed to the core :giveup: I watched all the videos from blue consecutively without taking a break, I just couldn't stop :nooo: 

Could someone tell me what exactly "blue island" is, because I keep hearing about it but I'm not exactly sure? :huh: 

​You can buy a login for 19 dollars (US currency) that gives you access to the "BLUE Island" which is like a forum and also has downloads from all three of their albums. You also get HQ downloads of photos from all the BLUE "photoshoots". Get downloads for every single video. They also have the full BLUE film on there. It's totally worth buying considering how much you can get. They also post exclusive things and they say if any of the stuff leaks, the island will "dissolve". Which probably means they'll close the site lol

Here's a link to buy it: http://shop.towhomitmayconcern.cc/products/iamamiwhoami-blue-digital-edition

hop on that **** like a maniac

squeala

​Have you done it? :wao:

I emailed them yeah I'm going to do the task tonight or tomorrow! Have you?

iamsean

I emailed them yeah I'm going to do the task tonight or tomorrow! Have you?

​I've emailed but I'm ill at the moment, I don't look my best haha, I might do it if I feel better soon.

squeala

The 405: What can we expect from CONCERT IN BLUE?

http://www.thefourohfive.com/news/article/what-can-we-expect-from-iamamiwhoami-s-concert-in-blue-142

Four and a half years after performing In Concert, an ambitious one-off online art installation set in a Swedish forest, iamamiwhoami have announced that in April they will be giving their latest audio-visual series, BLUE, the live treatment in a similar web-streamed installation format, CONCERT IN BLUE. Mind you, the word 'similar' may not be the right term here, as Jonna Lee and her collaborators, Claes Björklund, John Strandh, Augustin Moreaux and Mathieu Mirano, have no interest in repeating themselves.

"Doing concerts in our own arena... that's a very natural thing that I definitely want to do", Lee told The 405 with a lot of heavy hinting during our meet-up last year. "It needs to be done right, it needs to be done with the right amount of time and preparations, you know? So it's when those things align, that interesting things happen."

When you re-watch 2010's In Concert, the breadth of the imagination, enterprise and planning involved in it cannot fail to impress. This was, after all, a project embarked on before iamamiwhoami even had an album out. It later transpired that the concert was the result of six months' preparations and the build-up, including the recruitment via YouTube of a fan (known as ShootUpTheStation, or SUTS) to represent the audience in the experience, was carefully plotted out with a series of short clips documenting SUTS' arrival in Sweden and his subsequent communications with and training by iamamiwhoami's representatives (he was taught some dance moves, amongst other things) for the eventual "gig".

So what can we expect from CONCERT IN BLUE? Famously, SUTS received a hero's death-by-burning during In Concert but his IRL counterpart subsequently went on to become closely involved in BLUE. Might his character be resurrected in the new live installation? That would tingle quite a few spines, The 405's included.

The trailer released by iamamiwhoami for CONCERT IN BLUE makes it clear that, once more, fans will be at the heart of the experience. Followers of the project are encouraged to share "a part of themselves" in the installation by emailing iamamiwhoami's label, To whom it may concern. All emails are automatically responded to with instructions on how to take part (as the e-mail we received was headed 'confidential', we'll leave it to you to find out how to get involved for yourselves but it does sound exciting).

When we quizzed Lee about bringing BLUE to life, she said: "visualising it is going to be a lot of fun and it's been in the making since the start." It's certain that nature will be the setting for the performance and we'd expect some of the symbolic props of the project, such as the message-in-a-bottle glass vessels, mirrors and type-writers equally to be featured as part of the iconography of CONCERT IN BLUE.

As for the music content, the title suggests that the core of the installation will be formed of the majority (if not all) of BLUE's 11 chapters. In particular, it would be interesting to see how 'Shadowshow', which was premiered at the end of In Concert, is reinterpreted, now that it has received a formal release.

We wouldn't be surprised, however, if iamamiwhoami also throw in a few back-catalogue classics into the mix, particularly 'rascal' and 'y', which Lee has confessed to be among her favourites to perform live.

Going back to the inclusion of 'Shadowshow' in 2010's In Concert, there is every chance that the band will again debut a previously unreleased song in CONCERT IN BLUE. 'Avalanche', for example, would be a good one to finally give the light of day to. It was a track written around the same time as 'Shadowshow' and, according to what Lee told The 405, was intended to be part of iamamiwhoami's first album, which was eventually scrapped in favour of bounty. Further, Lee told us about a whole separate project she recorded before BLUE, a set collectively known as 'Mouth of a River'. As some of the song titles rumoured to be on 'Mouth of a River' appear to be linked to iamamiwhoami's digital encapsulation of the latest album, the BLUE island, it may be that the online concert is the place to debut some of it.

Ultimately, we're expecting wonder, thrills and a lot of originality. iamamiwhoami are inherently unable to disappoint on that front.

CONCERT IN BLUE will air on April 29 2015 at 11 pm GMT + 1 on towhomitmayconcern.cc

To get involved send an empty email to [email protected]

squeala

more info on fan participation in the concert

material submission

the material we seek is specified in the reply from [email protected]

but any parts of you are of relevance

age restrictions
if you are under 18 and wish to submit material, you may do so with parents signature of the terms in the email sent to us.

sound, clothing, length of submission
optional

- To whom it may concern. on tumblr

squeala

iamamiwhoami; kin audiovisual film

kin_squared_for_shop_1024x1024.jpg

"kin" is an audiovisual series by Swedish audiovisual project iamamiwhoami aka artist Jonna Lee in collaboration with music producer Claes Björklund. it was released in episodes, as musical album and as a film in 2012. "kin" consists of 9 connected audiovisual chapters connected by its' narrative. It describes the project's creative process and making of the series itself, seen from the eyes of the artist Jonna Lee in relation to their following audience.

now available:

vimeo on demand

TWIMC shop

free on the BLUE island

Archived