Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My thoughts on ARTPOP

swakby

Featured Posts

swakby

So guys, I don't if it's now the time to comment on ARTPOP, but I'd like to share my opinion..

Basicly, what I've been thinking about the last few months is why ARTPOP "flopped"..I can't think of anything else but Born this way...

Many of us consider BTW an ultra successfull album. However, I think that it is the reason why Gaga hasn't been very popular lately. BTW had fantastic first week sales, probablty due to the success of TF and TFM. 1.108 copies in just a week is HUGE, but I don't think that the album's songs satisfied many fans.It's too experimental, and don't get me wrong, I love the album, but it's not even close to the catchy tunes in "The Fame". The single choice in BTW are a complete mess.. that's the other thing.. The lead single was successfull, no doubt. It stayed at #1 for 6 weeks. Judas wasn't extremely successfull, but it is the most watched video from this era(and let's face it, youtube views are a big factor from one song's popularity) TEOG was a mess, though.. It debuted at #3 but it stayed at the top 10 for like 3 or 4 weeks. One of the most overrated songs from the album. After all this time, we still can't get to 100 million view on VEVO..It gets, like, 15 000 views per day. You and I was successfull, in my opinion, and I don't know why it's stil not VEVO certified.. I won't talk about Marry The Night, because no one knows what happened there.. :confused:

ARTPOP was released 2 years and a half after BTW, which, let's face it, is a very long time. The content didn't live up to many people's expectations. If it was released like, at the end of 2012, it would have been more successfull for sure. Applause was a hit, but a wrong choice for her 1st single. I know her label forced her to do this and I hate them for that.. Aura or Gypsy would have been a perfect choice. This, plus DWUW mess led people to think that the album is a flop. But I don't think that. 258k albums in the first week is a very decent number. It's not a million but not many people have accomplished that. God I have so much more to say but I'll leave it for the comments.. What I'm trying to say sounds messy, but I think that you got my point.. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

Great post, but we've seen this many times

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

ByeBye49

Thread #875765476757 on this topic, butttt.

There is is nothing we can do  :shrug:  it didn't do as well as The Fame and the era was really messy, all we can do is wait for the next album.  :yes:

migamiga

Not to be rude but we already knew this. BTW's success was due to Gaga coming off the success of TF/M. But I have to disagree with you on TEOG. It's one of her greatest songs and was the only thing that saved BTW (to the GP and a lot of the older fans)

Creyk

The reason for ARTPOP's flop was Gaga's depression and management issues, not BTW. Yes BTW was super messy, but it was still a successful era which gave her lots of fans.

I personally think that the one thing they did right about the ARTPOP era was making Applause the lead single, but well it's okay if you think otherwise

The Child

You and I a success ?

TEOG overrated ?

:lmao:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

True Blue

..tations. If it was released like, at the end of 2012, it would ha...

fun fact: she broke her hip

Pain of fame1

Well yoy are right. BTWB was a turn of for gaga fans and well she lost most of her fanbase

Tumblr

At least people are starting to realise ARTPOP flopped.

I love ARTPOP tbh it's one of my favourite albums

But BTW did really hurt her.

But I also think she can come back and slay this year. If she really tries to write a masterpiece

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

swakby

Yes I know she broke her hip.. I was just saying making an assumption.

I think that You and I was successfull because it stayed at the top 10 for a decent amount of time.

TEOG isn't overrated, my mistake.Its success is, though. It stayed at the top 10 for like 3 weeks.

don't hate me pls. it's just an opinion 

swakby

People remember the lyrict from the fame era.. What do they remember from BTW? and let's not talk about ARTPOP leaving anything on people who are not little monsters 

Archived