Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Tony confirms the official name of the Tour

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tour merch t-shirts look like they say Cheek to Cheek: LIVE! like the PBS special. I think that's the name...

B6KARwkCEAAu2dT.jpg

B6MP1pDIUAAVIBF.jpg

Idk why but I get annoyed when fans get defensive about the 'ball' thing. I dont think she needs to use the word ball everytime, I dont think its contributing anything significant to her icon. It just comes off kind of lazy to me rather than indicative of brand building. I think itd be cooler and more creative if she came up with names to go along with her tours from now on rather than just stick the word ball at the end of the album title. The only time I felt the ball term actually worked in its context for her tours was the fame and monster balls. But thats just my opinion. Ultimately its not that big of a deal.

The only one that sounded lazy to me was the Born This Way Ball. I hope she continues using it how she did with ARTPOP, like have a unique name for the tour but still include album name + ball. artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball was perfect, and I think she needs to keep doing that if she's going to continue using the "ball" names for tours. It doesn't tire it out because people will refer to the first part of the title like they did with artRAVE. But yeah, I get what you mean, just adding "ball" at the end of the album name would be a bit lazy and tiring.

TimisaMonster

Groundbreaking controversial original :nooo:

:derpga: 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Creyk

Groundbreaking controversial original :nooo:

:derpga:

MTE

Her genius never ceases to amaze me

It's been 2 days and I still can't even :giveup:

TimisaMonster

MTE

Her genius never ceases to amaze me

It's been 2 days and I still can't even :giveup:

She's ahead of our time and we're not worthy :duck:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MikeGoneGaga

Im surprised its not the Cheek to Cheek Ball.

I was fairly certain it was going to be something like Jazz Ball: The Cheek to Cheek Tour or what you said...but i think that title would be too suggestive. lol 

Bradley

Idk why but I get annoyed when fans get defensive about the 'ball' thing. I dont think she needs to use the word ball everytime, I dont think its contributing anything significant to her icon. It just comes off kind of lazy to me rather than indicative of brand building. I think itd be cooler and more creative if she came up with names to go along with her tours from now on rather than just stick the word ball at the end of the album title. The only time I felt the ball term actually worked in its context for her tours was the fame and monster balls. But thats just my opinion. Ultimately its not that big of a deal.

artRAVE was a new name, but it's kind of a tradition for Gaga to use the word "ball" every time so I prefer to call it The ARTPOP Ball, as if the tour had the standard of her huge previous tours. The word "ball" suggests that every tour she makes has the same high level of standard and will not disappoint you if you were a fan of her previous concerts. It's sort of like, it indicates that it's going to be as huge as how it was for her past tours.

ChasingGhosts

Better than that 'Intimate Evening' name or whatever it was 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

blacklistedd

artRAVE was a new name, but it's kind of a tradition for Gaga to use the word "ball" every time so I prefer to call it The ARTPOP Ball, as if the tour had the standard of her huge previous tours. The word "ball" suggests that every tour she makes has the same high level of standard and will not disappoint you if you were a fan of her previous concerts. It's sort of like, it indicates that it's going to be as huge as how it was for her past tours.

I don't agree with this. I think those that get defensive about her using the term 'ball' are giving it importance that it doesn't have. It doesn't truly serve the purpose you're giving it. But like I said, thats just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived