💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Macklemore on HOT 97; talks about race, Azealia/Iggy, etc.

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never understand why they talked about s-x and **** and not her music. Like she's releasing her debut album at this time and they want to ask her s-xual questions wtf

Because her music isn't great, that's the thing. There's not much to talk about. Also she portrays herself in a different way compared to Nicki or BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â©, Rihanna, Gaga, Bjork.... For example, Nicki is s-xual but she is empowered, she is in charge and that makes people uncomfortable because the media and men have determined certain things through history, that kind of end up making women an object. (The objectification of women) Nicki, Riri, Bey, Gaga are often called "gross" because of this.

The s-xuality that iggy, Katy and a lot of other girls in the mainstream portray is totally different, and it's not hard to differentiate from the other, because they're like doing some kind of safe s-xiness, a suggestion, they're s-xy but in some type of invitation, not like hey you obey me, im in charge. they're more of a hey I'm all yours, take me.

That's the reason they're talking about these things and not music, and that's one the reasons why these females are so successful. Because they "follow the rules". But times are changing and people is getting sick of it.

I love this! Macklemore is really cool. He has some really good songs. I agree and respect him so much for giving his point of view

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

TheOriginalOne

That's how you pronounce Macklemore? :air:

That's what he really sounds like? :air:

Anyways, it sounds like an interesting interview and I'll give it a watch after I get home :yes:

Vernier

At least he gets it :applause: Maybe outside the whole twitter thing with AB, Iggy will one day have an interview like this, so we can hear her thoughts on it too :emma:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

When he said "ññ‚¬ñ€Âčshe acts like she's too good for the conversation," I could not agree more. 

Similar to how celebrities drop slur words or appropriate and a lot of activists get angry, and rightfully so. If you do certain things that are disrespectful to other groups of people and they come in droves to criticize, and it's a constant thing, maybe you should check yourself before playing victim. That's another reason why I can't get with her... she doesn't even realize why people dislike her so much. Macklemore on the other hand... he does, even if I'm not a big fan of his, I can understand that he's smart and makes sense on this topic. Happy that this interview exists. Erasure of "the black experience" in Hip-Hop is annoying to so many fans, and I understand why. It was built on our experiences, and now it's becoming trivial, not only from White rappers, but from some of the new rappers like Migos, Bobby Shmurda, etc. It's losing its meaning more and more.

More white people need to talk about racism, because it seems like that's the only way people will listen, because they don't really take us seriously when we're discussing it or marching in protests, which is annoying.  :spin:

I joke 80% of the time, and people mostly take it the wrong way. :fat:

Maybe u should put a derpga at every sentence tbh

:derpga:

Blue Jeans

What a great interview :applause:

I've always loved and Macklemore even if he didn't deserve Best Rap album, he's talented, and He GETS It, on the other hand we have Iggy who plays the victim and is not very talented...

Maybe now that a white rapper acknowledged the cultural appropriation issues and the Racism that still exists, white people will Listen.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

StrawberryBlond

I still think they're missing the main issue - themes and experimentation. These are the factors that ultimately determine an artist's success, not their race. A parent-friendly rapper who makes mainstream music will obviously sell more than a gangsta rapper who makes experimental music, regardless of their race. There are white artists from all genres who can't get success because their music isn't kid-friendly and is too experimental. But this side of the coin is never brought up. It has to come back to race. And it's taking it to this simplistic place that is ultimately holding back America from improving racial tension. It's getting really annoying how the hosts repeatedly kiss up to Azealia and make out that she's the greatest artist who ever lived and it's the biggest injustice that she's not bigger. It's like, face it, guys, she created a highly experimental album, released it through non-traditional means, there are no physical copies in stores, she isn't promoting it and her bad attitude turns off a lot of people (she lost a lot of fans after her use of the f word and insulting Gaga). That doesn't bode well for a successful career no matter who you are or where you came from. If people don't know she exists or if they do, think she's highly unlikeable, how on earth does she expect her album to sell? People like Azealia think the world owes them a favour and they should get success just because they feel they deserve it.

I'm 30 mins. in and the interview is great and all, but what's bothering me at the moment is the fact that they interviewed Iggy earlier this year and instead they chose to talk about her ass, twerking, and her bedroom game like wtf? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gpESLdCKLQ

"How swaggy is his P. (referring to her boyfriend) ?"

"You have an amazing ass.."

"Does the puffiness of your butt.." etc.

Exactly. Iggy has been hugely objectified in interviews. And from primetime outlets too. She's getting the sort of interview one would expect of a p*rn star invited on Howard Stern. It's disgusting how rap females are still treated in a dehumanising way. It's doesn't matter if they portray themselves as eye candy, it's still not right. Clearly, this radio station only treats rap females with respect if they're black and/or they like their music. If you're white and your music are too mainstream, you're nothing but a piece of a** to them, apparently.

Tropico

"I think [Azealia Banks] still hates me rn. But she's a genius." Girl be fighting with her friends :smh:

♱ Social Justice Enthusiast ♱

Macklemore can kiss up to the black hip hop establishment and be PC all her wants - it's not gonna make bigots like Cattty Banks like him or give him long-term cred. 

Blue Jeans

Macklemore can kiss up to the black hip hop establishment and be PC all her wants - it's not gonna make bigots like Cattty Banks like him or give him long-term cred. 

Did you even watched the video or you just wanna stay blind and pretend racial issues don't exist at all ?...

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Blue Jeans

I still think they're missing the main issue - themes and experimentation. These are the factors that ultimately determine an artist's success, not their race. A parent-friendly rapper who makes mainstream music will obviously sell more than a gangsta rapper who makes experimental music, regardless of their race. There are white artists from all genres who can't get success because their music isn't kid-friendly and is too experimental. But this side of the coin is never brought up. It has to come back to race. And it's taking it to this simplistic place that is ultimately holding back America from improving racial tension. It's getting really annoying how the hosts repeatedly kiss up to Azealia and make out that she's the greatest artist who ever lived and it's the biggest injustice that she's not bigger. It's like, face it, guys, she created a highly experimental album, released it through non-traditional means, there are no physical copies in stores, she isn't promoting it and her bad attitude turns off a lot of people (she lost a lot of fans after her use of the f word and insulting Gaga). That doesn't bode well for a successful career no matter who you are or where you came from. If people don't know she exists or if they do, think she's highly unlikeable, how on earth does she expect her album to sell? People like Azealia think the world owes them a favour and they should get success just because they feel they deserve it.

Exactly. Iggy has been hugely objectified in interviews. And from primetime outlets too. She's getting the sort of interview one would expect of a p*rn star invited on Howard Stern. It's disgusting how rap females are still treated in a dehumanising way. It's doesn't matter if they portray themselves as eye candy, it's still not right. Clearly, this radio station only treats rap females with respect if they're black and/or they like their music. If you're white and your music are too mainstream, you're nothing but a piece of a** to them, apparently.

You're the one who's missing the main issue, this is not about Iggy success per se.. this is about the accolades she's getting, When the grammys nominate her album for Best Rap album of the year, something is wrong, a lot of talented musicians released a far better album than Iggy, and her mainstream success should not matter because the grammys should be about quality.

Also this is way bigger than Iggy vs Azealia.. of course if your album is more experimental it'll be harder for you to achieve mainstream success.. but When both Black and White artists achieve mainstream success like Macklemore and Kendrick did, Macklemore will always be more privilleged because of his skin colour..

Archived