💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga slams artists who don't write and can't sing

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

codymonster

I don't know if i agree to be honest. On the one hand she is right, and i love it when artist try to write their own lyrics and music. On the other hand, not everyone is talented to do everything. Everyone needs a little help, and there is no shame if you have people help you with the sound, dancing, lyrics or whatever. They all have a whole team behind them, and so did Gaga once.

She also didn't deliver a lyrical masterpiece with ARTPOP, so i don't know why she is attacking other singers so much...

@johnpe

Britney is a lipsynch artist, but her energy and personality is just amazing, nobody can top her energy she used to have on stage. She was just pure s-x, how she walked, how she talked, just everything. She was a true goddess, and if people want to go and see her live, why shouldn't they? Its entertainment, its pop.

She didn't say they had to be good at everything tho. She blatantly said that they should be able to either write great lyrics, or have a really good voice. That's not saying they need to be good at everything. That's saying they need to be good at the thing they do :sweat: Which is common sense for most jobs in life. You're not gonna be hired as a welder if you don't know how to weld :dead:

Her point is, she hates how amazing singers and song writers and performers are overshadowed by someone with much less talent, just cause they're pretty. And I don't blame her.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But she didn't say that every pop girl HAS to write her own songs, she said if you can't write then you better blow people away with you VOCALS. If you have neither of those but just a pretty face, why do record companies push and autotune to death these karaoke girls?

But who are those girls?Ariana can sing, taylor can sing, rihanna can sing, even katy can sing... well, to some level at least, but nevertheless, she can sing. So what exactly is she trying to achieve with this statement? To be honest, i don't really get it.

I for once did not fall in love with Gaga because of her voice, which was so damn autotuned on The Fame. It was her energy, her attitude, her rebel soul, fan, a little bit of darkness, and alot of theater. And i was definitely not the only one...

any person in music should be able to sing, period. ALL of them should be able to BLOW, and unfortunately that's not the case. You'd think to make it in the industry, you'd have to be the best of the best. But, we give these basics all this exposure while there are thousands of extremely talented singers who won't get the chance to be heard.

But who are those girls?Ariana can sing, taylor can sing, rihanna can sing, even katy can sing... well, to some level at least, but nevertheless, she can sing. So what exactly is she trying to achieve with this statement? To be honest, i don't really get it.

I for once did not fall in love with Gaga because of her voice, which was so damn autotuned on The Fame. It was her energy, her attitude, her rebel soul, fan, a little bit of darkness, and alot of theater. And i was definitely not the only one...

But when she sat at the piano and sang poker face or paparazzi, you didn't think about how talented this girl is?

She didn't say any names so I don't know why people here got so pissed. It doesn't even matter.

She does have a point, in general. It doesn't have to be a specific "shade".

FreePalestine

Psychedelic

bye

britney12132.jpg

You are the one who is unable to persuade, actually. Because I wasn't arguing about whether Gaga is right or wrong in the first place, I stated since my first post that I agree with her, and she is telling nothing but the truth, I just don't think she should be very talkative about the subject, and let others choose whatever they wanna listen to, even if it's farting to a microphone.

:bye:

i don't think she was referring to someone specific and i don't get why some of you are so mad is not that she is laying...

But when she sat at the piano and sang poker face or paparazzi, you didn't think about how talented this girl is?

She didn't say any names so I don't know why people here got so pissed. It doesn't even matter.

She does have a point, in general. It doesn't have to be a specific "shade".

Of course, i really enjoyed it, she has a really good voice, but thats still not why i love here. Because when it comes to voice, there are people like Adele, where i got goosebumps just by listening to her singing "Someone like you", because i could feel her pain, could see myself in exactly the same situation, and thats kind of level Gaga will mostly never achieve, well not with songs about s-x, d--gs and fashion. Which are fun, and great, and i dance to them, have fun, but she is still doing the job all the other girls in the pop industry are also doing. 

I am not attacking her, or anyone, i just don't get it why she is being so judgemental (and so many people here), it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Firestarter

Gaga can say whatever she wants to say + she is god damn right here, so pls, stop with these ridiculous comments

if anyone thinks that she might offend people with different "tastes" or whatever they're called, that's fine. it's not her fault these people are so blind and so easily attracted to low quality things. 

tumblr_inline_movkbtu1bF1qz4rgp.gif

Firestarter

Of course, i really enjoyed it, she has a really good voice, but thats still not why i love here. Because when it comes to voice, there are people like Adele, where i got goosebumps just by listening to her singing "Someone like you", because i could feel her pain, could see myself in exactly the same situation, and thats kind of level Gaga will mostly never achieve, well not with songs about s-x, d--gs and fashion. Which are fun, and great, and i dance to them, have fun, but she is still doing the job all the other girls in the pop industry are also doing. 

I am not attacking her, or anyone, i just don't get it why she is being so judgemental (and so many people here), it just doesn't make any sense to me.

ugh I love it when people bring Adele to undermine Gaga 

first of all, I think Gaga has pretty much proven to everyone with C2C live performances that she is at least on the same level with Adele in terms of vocal abilities, if not even better. 

secondly, s-x, d--gs and fashion are not the only things Gaga sings about. if she is not touching you in the same way Adele/any other soul singer does, it doesn't mean that Gaga's songs about more meaningful things don't touch others. 

thirdly, how come saying that industry needs more genuinely talented people doesn't make any sense to you? 

****, I'm done 

tumblr_mcuureLcjb1rbrm08o1_500.gif

trivial metaphor to talk about much more deeper topic ya know ? She have not 300 + awards in 6 years for nothing... is not that if you are not able to understand then gaga's songwriting is ****

ugh I love it when people bring Adele to undermine Gaga 

first of all, I think Gaga has pretty much proven to everyone with C2C live performances that she is at least on the same level with Adele in terms of vocal abilities, if not even better. 

secondly, s-x, d--gs and fashion are not the only things Gaga sings about. if she is not touching you in the same way Adele/any other soul singer does, it doesn't mean that Gaga's songs about more meaningful things don't touch others. 

thirdly, how come saying that industry needs more genuinely talented people doesn't make any sense to you? 

****, I'm done 

I just said that she cant touch me in the same way as Adele does, or Sam Smith, or Whitney Houston, or Lara, because what Gaga does is POP, Funpop, call it whatever you want, and thats totally fine, i love it. But again, why so judgemental? And i asked before, who are those singers who can't sing? There is only one that comes to my mind and that is Britney Spears.

Also we got in the last years Adele, Lana Del Rey, Sam Smith, and even Sia is now famous. We are getting talented people, thats why it just doesn't make any sense to me what exactly she is trying to say with her statement...

trivial metaphor to talk about much more deeper topic ya know ? She have not 300 + awards in 6 years for nothing... is not that if you are not able to understand then gaga's songwriting is ****

Oh, thats my problem, i see. Thank you for pointing it out, you noble soul, ya know!

edit:

this is just getting ridiculous, so i am going to leave, but i will let this here stay in conclusion. It is a quote from one great person, you should all think about it...

It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves to put other people down or make fun of them or maybe make mockery of their work. And that doesn't make me feel good at all. That just makes me feel like I'm not being a good human being. I feel like if you're a really good human being, you can try to find something beautiful in every single person, no matter what.

Firestarter

I just said that she cant touch me in the same way as Adele does, or Sam Smith, or Whitney Houston, or Lara, because what Gaga does is POP, Funpop, call it whatever you want, and thats totally fine, i love it. But again, why so judgemental? And i asked before, who are those singers who can't sing? There is only one that comes to my mind and that is Britney Spears.

Also we got in the last years Adele, Lana Del Rey, Sam Smith, and even Sia is now famous. We are getting talented people, thats why it just doesn't make any sense to me what exactly she is trying to say with her statement...

singers who can't sing (let me make a list for you, though it seems obvious who is going to be in it):

* Britney Spears - can't sing, lately hasn't even been able to dance much;

* Rihanna - unimpressive vocal abilities, zero songwriting abilities;

* Katy Perry - she might be good at songwriting (though "do you ever feel like a paper bag" line still has me caclking), but I would never call her a great singer.

the list may not be long, but all three of them experienced huge levels of success, even despite the fact that they don't actually posses any impressive talents.

we might be getting talented people, but still, if you compare Sia to Rihanna or Katy Perry, it's clear who's more successful or popular, though talent-wise Sia blows both of these chicks out of the water.

the key to Rihanna's and Katy Perry's success is their nice looking faces and body parts + catchy songs, written for them by other people or in "collaboration" with them

while I agree that talented people get their chance to shine from time to time, it's still sad to see someone being successful only relying on their good looks

The SuperBowl will surely take care of Katy's timelessness :applause: And not really, 1989 still has quality lyrics. Very sad you can't see the clearly depicted quality :)

:rip:

Archived