💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga praised her pure pop masterpiece Applause

itsdominik

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She also said Applause is the worst song on ARTPOP and the last song she'd put on ARTPOP if she could put others first...  :creepflop: (at the beginning of the ARTPOP era)

She meant she wanted Applause at the end of the album not that it was her last choice. She wrote it as her swan song, to close the album.

Paparazzi, Telephone, Judas & Marry The Night **** on your applesauce.

Have you watched these videos lately, they look dated as ****, but thats not to say I don't love them. The Applause vid will always be timeless/flaw free, it is edited to perfection and the styling was on point.

Donatello

Yes, the song she was reluctant to perform throughout 2014 at SXSW ("because we were told to")  and more, and the video that has absolutely no meaning whatsoever - a random mashup of outtake-esque scenes. Inez and whatever are not even directors. She wanted Aura as lead, but her label chose this generic shallow spoonful of pop to feed the GP. Sorry but Applause is disgraceful when you look at her other songs/videos and any long time fan can feel that. There is no passion or "gaga touch" behind it. 

LoveandMagic

I love the song but with the exception of a few moments (like her spelling out "ARTPOP") I am not overly fond of it myself. But I can see why she would love it. Lots of great looks, good energy, and a bit of the unexpected. It stands out. I'm glad she loves it. :)

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Yes, the song she was reluctant to perform throughout 2014 at SXSW ("because we were told to")  and more, and the video that has absolutely no meaning whatsoever - a random mashup of outtake-esque scenes. Inez and whatever are not even directors. She wanted Aura as lead, but her label chose this generic shallow spoonful of pop to feed the GP. Sorry but Applause is disgraceful when you look at her other songs/videos and any long time fan can feel that. There is no passion or "gaga touch" behind it. 

I could be wrong, but didn't she also say at one point that she wasn't happy with the quality of the Applause music video because the label didn't give her enough time to plan it out? 

I could be wrong, but didn't she also say at one point that she wasn't happy with the quality of the Applause music video because the label didn't give her enough time to plan it out? 

She referenced it when she was talking about the DWUW. She said something about how DWUW, like Applause, was rushed by her label without giving her time to creatively flesh it out. My guess is that, even so, she had a much more enjoyable experience creating Applause than DWUW (all considering she released one and not the other, also).

That said, while it's far from my favorite video of hers, I do think it has (individually) some of her best visuals overall.

3 points in and ready for more

well I liked her stuff, but I didn't even really know how albums/ singles worked :sweat: as I didn't have a laptop/ internet access often but then I heard Applause and went to check out her other videos etc I fell in love :sara:

Literally the same story. Gagz made me a pop culture stan. 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

She referenced it when she was talking about the DWUW. She said something about how DWUW, like Applause, was rushed by her label without giving her time to creatively flesh it out. My guess is that, even so, she had a much more enjoyable experience creating Applause than DWUW (all considering she released one and not the other, also).

That said, while it's far from my favorite video of hers, I do think it has (individually) some of her best visuals overall.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up.  :)

I feel the same way, it's far from my favorite Gaga music video but the German Expressionist inspired visuals are beautiful.

One of if not my favorite pop song and one of my favorite videos as well. It's thougt provoking and the kind of a video you have to watch a few times. Love it.

The Child

Have you seen the Beautiful, Dirty, Rich and Just Dance videos? xwq2xPe.gif

Yes and these are better.

Have you watched these videos lately, they look dated as ****, but thats not to say I don't love them. The Applause vid will always be timeless/flaw free, it is edited to perfection and the styling was on point.

Overrated.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

soundwave

She wrote it as her swan song, to close the album.

This is untrue, the swan song was the title track. She called it that because "ARTPOP" never really develops as most pop songs do. 

Archived