Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Azealia Banks on Twitter: "But, iffy azuzu will not play victim"

Yanko

Featured Posts

inuborg

So you are giving her a free pass on cultural appropriation of bindis? The LGBT community is not oppressed? F*ggot is an acceptable word to use against gay men? Funny how people can excuse things as long as its their fave...

Also, check the last.fm link in my sig before you try to bring your lame stan wars **** with me, honey. I listen to Azealia more than twice as much as I listen to Iggy.

Please don't call me honey, it trivializes any discussion that can be made here. 

I never said that ******* is an okay word to use, but its irrelevant to THIS current issue. And I'm sorry but putting a little jewel on her forehead isn't comparable to the same race oppressing and taking from another race for the few CENTURIES continuing to do so. And the point goes right over people's head.

And no one can personally blame Iggy for that, and thats why the problem is much bigger than her. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Yes, because saying someone has an adams apple is on par with the issues with black culture at the moment.

I know pop stans have messed up priorities but :wtf:

Well you're doing such a great job at proving my point, ignoring everything I said about the issue and then continuing to spam the same gif.

You said it again so you are proving my point too. :pray:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

pie-kun

Please don't call me honey, it trivializes any discussion that can be made here. 

Less than 10 minutes ago...

I know pop stans have messed up priorities but :wtf:

You're so interested in not trivializing the discussion that you immediately brought up my music taste to this discussion, OK. YOU're the one who brought up trivial, irrelevant topics, NOT me.

And my point is that Azealia has no right to be calling out individuals for their own problematic behavior when she has proven to be hugely problematic herself. It's hypocritical. She's labeling Iggy a racist but passionately defends her right to use f*ggot? I'm sorry but those two things do not go together in my book. 

If she wants to get heavy into the SJ stuff, that's great. Problem is that she needs to address her OWN problematic history before she comes after other people. I mean, you don't go into your first AA meeting and start berating the others for being alcoholic.

Azealia is a fave of mine, but I am not afraid to criticize my faves when they I feel they're doing something wrong.

inuborg

I mean, Iggy refuses to even acknowledge that she is in a privileged position and is able to make a profit out of rap and black culture when there are thousands of other female rappers out there not given the same opportunity and blessing due to the pigmentation of their skin.

I mean think about it. There are black girls out there who don't have a chance of being signed while this girl is signed when she can't even freestyle. 

She isn't a part of black culture but she can put on a fake accent, twerk, rap and borrow heavily from black culture without even acknowledging the struggles of people who created that culture and are a part of it.

God bless this post

And to the people who are blatantly ignoring the greater issue at hand, well I have no time for you, I lack the patience 

SissyFromSpace

Iggy gave a valid response while Azealia enforces the typical loud, ghetto, black girl who never shuts the **** up stereotype.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

inuborg

Iggy gave a valid response while Azealia enforces the typical loud, ghetto, black girl who never shuts the **** up stereotype.

But is Azealia's response (silly nick names aside) valid too? She made a WORLD issue about herself. 

Azealia was not crying over no Iggy ****ing Azalea, she was crying at the injustice to the black community, and the smudging and erasure of black culture. 

SissyFromSpace

But is Azealia's response (silly nick names aside) valid too? She made a WORLD issue about herself.  

Nah. This is for her own personal gain. I doubt she gave any ****s about the dead kids shot by officers and other issues involging POC since she LOVES to bring Iggy into everything. While Iggy does her charitable acts behind the scenes, AB just rants + bullies Iggy via her Twitter. 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Nah. This is for her own personal gain. I doubt she gave any ****s about the dead kids shot by officers and other issues involging POC since she LOVES to bring Iggy into everything. While Iggy does her charitable acts behind the scenes, AB just rants + bullies Iggy via her Twitter.

:lmao:

inuborg

It is definitely not for her own personal gain, but you didn't watch the interview to see that (not that you have to) but don't sit there and act like you know what Azealia is thinking when you don't. Azealia cares a lot about black culture and it runs deeper than her ill will towards iggy. 

messsss. I agree and disagree with AB. She makes some good points, but idk some of the stuff she says is just tasteless. I wouldnt want some random ass pop star appropriating my culture, but at the end of the day, what can we do? Where i come from, we dont have that cultural segregation they have in the US. We're very united. All this Black Vs White thing thats been going on in america is so strange to me, its almost like ya'll dont live in the same country. Why not embrace eachother's cultures and get along. Move on, learn from the past and stop fighting about it. 

inuborg

messsss. I agree and disagree with AB. She makes some good points, but idk some of the stuff she says is just tasteless. I wouldnt want some random ass pop star appropriating my culture, but at the end of the day, what can we do? Where i come from, we dont have that cultural segregation like they have in the US. We're very united. All this Black Vs White thing thats been going on in america is so strange to me, its almost like ya'll dont live in the same country. Why not embrace eachother's cultures and get along. Move on, learn from the past and stop fighting about it. 

Its hard to "learn from the past" when to this day young black men (or even children) are getting shot by white cops (or in Zimmerman's case, he was a ****ing civilian) and get away scotch free or hell, give them a million damn dollars for it. 

I quite like the idea of there being diversity and multiculturalism in music of black origin though. It shows that people from all places can enjoy and participate. Both are talented singers, but one sent a legion of bulldozers systematically through her own prospects at what would have been a very healthy career.

We have people from all genders, s-xes and colours in other genres of music; why should rap be any different, and why should Iggy constantly reference and appraise the history of her singing style?

Archived