Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

They should open a Iggy/Azealia discussion thread at this point. :spin:

It's science, bitch

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
codymonster

Okay, but are you not seeing that Iggy is symptomatic of the exact problem she's trying to discuss? It is not a personal attack towards Iggy to discuss how "Fancy" has been treated by the media. And it's perfectly legitimate to criticize Iggy for calling herself a "runaway slave master". Furthermore, I'm not understanding how people are arguing that her attitude is what is holding back her career but are also arguing that this is a "marketing ploy"? Like, is her feud hurting her or helping her? Can we pick one?

I'm not saying Iggy is perfect. I'm not fan of her either. But at least she doesnt randomly attack Azealia out of nowhere.

Im not "people." MY opinion is that she is trying to use this as a marketing strategy, since she mentions Iggy every chance she can. Whether that helps her career or not is whatever to me. I dont know how her album is doing, so :sweat:

Desperado

FROM ATRL:

For those who don’t get the issue Azealia has been trying to explain and why she’s chosen Iggy to be her target

Imagine you were great at your craft - where you’re virtually understood to be really ****ing good at what you do. You’re considered forward-thinking and skilled as a creative. Your skill is unmatched. Now imagine others, whose music is not as good and their craft not as technically good as yours, being awarded while you’re ignored. It would be frustrating.

Now imagine how frustrating it is when the reality is that the mediocre product is being praised because a white woman has made it, while you have to work 20x as hard just to have 10% of the recognition the white woman has to get because you’re a black woman.

Now imagine this happening in a genre that is supposed to be your people’s safe haven. Black little boys and girls don’t get to dream about being big pop stars or country stars or rock stars. They get only one little slice of the ****ing pie they had to work to carve out and create and are told “this is yours - we will demonize it and use it to portray your people as uneducated and dangerous thugs who deserve to be shot, but its yoursâ€. Then its taken from you. “Hip hop is now whiteâ€. The one thing you had, the thing society uses to justify the killing of your people and to literally demonize your culture is now chic and something cool for white people to do (with mediocre results) and they’re awarded for it.

It’s a reminder for black people that this world isn’t yours and it was never meant to be - that you are the other, you are the outsider and nothing is yours and will be taken for the gain of white people no matter how good you are; anything done by a white person will be praised more, considered better and received better because many societies on this Earth are still rooted in the teachings of white supremacy.

This isn’t about Iggy, but her being a documented racist doesn’t help her case and she, due to her own fault, is now the face of white privilege, of white mediocrity. Little white girls can grow up and dream about being anything they want, to some restrictions, but little black girls? Nobody in this world cares about little black girls and we teach little black girls not to even care about themselves.

When Azealia Banks is on the radio, cursing Igloo out and angry and pissed off and maybe saying things she shouldn’t, she’s coming from a place of anger and hurt and putting her foot down as a black woman and saying - “f**k you. You’ve taken everything else from me. You’ve taken everything you can from my people and forced us to make this through our own pain and struggle that you caused. You can’t have it. You have everything else due to simply being white, you will not take the one thing black people have worked hard to keep and make for themselves against centuries of modern ****ing institutional oppression and racism. f**k you.â€

codymonster

You're still not getting it.

I will state it as clearly as possible for you: talking about Iggy as evidence of a corrupt system is not a personal attack.

No, its not. If she would have just done that, i would have no problem. But saying "i want to throw a bottle of piss at her head" and other PERSONAL derogatory tweets towards her is. And THATS where my issue lies.

Willy Wonka

I'm not saying Iggy is perfect. I'm not fan of her either. But at least she doesnt randomly attack Azealia out of nowhere.

Im not "people." MY opinion is that she is trying to use this as a marketing strategy, since she mentions Iggy every chance she can. Whether that helps her career or not is whatever to me. I dont know how her album is doing :sweat:

You've said before that she'd be more successful if she were more positive and focused on the music, but then you accuse of her of doing this as a marketing strategy. You don't see the conflict in that?

And once again, 95% of this wasn't a personal attack on Iggy. And it's not random! It's a real debate happening in the music world and in the hip-hop community, and Azealia is one of the most vocal on this exact issue. The media has picked up and reported on the issues with Iggy independently of Azealia. It's not random at all. It's very timely and very relevant.

They don't get the point. It's not being racist. It's like the Avril incident with Hello Kitty

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Willy Wonka

No, its not. If she would have just done that, i would have no problem. But saying "i want to throw a bottle of piss at her head" and other PERSONAL derogatory tweets towards her is. And THATS where my issue lies.

Maybe your problem is you're so transfixed on that one tweet that you want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

codymonster

You've said before that she'd be more successful if she were more positive and focused on the music, but then you accuse of her of doing this as a marketing strategy. You don't see the conflict in that?

And once again, 95% of this wasn't a personal attack on Iggy. And it's not random! It's a real debate happening in the music world and in the hip-hop community, and Azealia is one of the most vocal on this exact issue. The media has picked up and reported on the issues with Iggy independently of Azealia. It's not random at all. It's very timely and very relevant.

She probably would be. But maybe SHE doesnt recognize that. Marketing ploys dont always work. Maybe this one just isnt successful.

Im done talking about this tho. She has done personal attacks on Iggy, and if she hadnt, id respect her. But she has, so if she wants to be taken seriously about this huge issue, she needs to stop using Iggy.

codymonster

Maybe your problem is you're so transfixed on that one tweet that you want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

No, i just think thats a horrible thing to say about another human being :rip: Someone who says something like that clearly isnt the most caring human being. And if she felt bad about it, she'd apologize, or stop mentioning her every 5 seconds.

Willy Wonka

She probably would be. But maybe SHE doesnt recognize that. Marketing ploys dont always work. Maybe this one just isnt successful.

Im done talking about this tho. She has done personal attacks on Iggy, and if she hadnt, id respect her. But she has, so if she wants to be taken seriously about this huge issue, she needs to stop using Iggy.

The people who don't want to take her seriously will always find a way to dismiss her.

codymonster

The people who don't want to take her seriously will always find a way to dismiss her.

I dont take people seriously who say they want to throw bottles of piss at people, and then mention them every chance they can, while tweeting links to her album.

I take people seriously who fight for equality through love, acceptance, and tolerance.

Willy Wonka

I dont take people seriously who say they want to throw bottles of piss at people, and then mention them every chance they can, while tweeting links to her album.

I don't take people seriously who try to dismiss legitimate claims by taking issue with the people who say them or in the way that they're presented.

codymonster

I don't take people seriously who try to dismiss legitimate claims by taking issue with the people who say them or in the way that they're presented.

Fair enough. Then don't take me seriously and stop quoting me :lmao:

StrawberryBlond

You don't find it disheartening that Iggy took something that was about black issues and racisim to sales and attitude? Very vapid things. 

She did bring it up before. She said that it was wrong for Azealia to think that just because someone doesn't tweet about an issue, it means they don't know and/or care. I fully support that way of thinking as it's ridiculous how obsessed we've become with social media that if we don't let everyone know every single one of our thoughts, it means we have no thoughts. People who think every thought, meaningful or meaningless, needs to be documented through social media needs to get a life. Clearly, Azealia has too much time on her hands if she can trawl Iggy's twitter constantly to see if she's posting about certain stuff.

And you're missing the point if you think Iggy's being vapid by bringing up sales and attitude. She's bringing that up because she can clearly see the real reason behind Azealia's bashing. Azealia's bullying of her has nothing to do with black issues and more about her personal prejudice against white rappers and anyone who's more successful than her. She could have picked on any celebrity for not caring about black issues, but she chose the new, female, white rapper from Australia who's going through a lot of success right now. There was a clear agenda here to start a hate campaign against someone. Azealia clearly sees Iggy as a threat. She sees any female rapper as a threat. You can tell by her lines on 212: "What you gon do when I appear, b***h the end of your lives are near, this ship is mine" that she expected to be a much bigger star, if not the biggest rap female of the moment. After her career took a nosedive, she was stung that the public didn't embrace her like she expected. She hit out at other females like Angel Haze. She started fights with anyone going, people who weren't even worth the breath. It was clearly an annoyed response to the world who she felt had failed to embrace her. Iggy's just one of a long line of people who is getting hate thrown at them due to Azealia's extended tantrum. If it wasn't about race issues, she'd have got onto Iggy for something else. How this feud started in the first place, because Azealia deemed Iggy to not care about black issues because Iggy didn't bring up such things on twitter, shows how much she is clutching at straws and desperate to start an argument with someone successful right now to get her name back in the headlines. She knows she's not selling like other rap females. She knows her attitude is what caused her career to fail. And she can't stand it. So, what's the obvious thing to do? Attack the rap females who have successful careers because they played the game right.

Archived