Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

SONY pulls James Franco's 'The Interview' amid terrorist threats

LordDisick

Featured Posts

sdj8yynolx4m8ynpdhxp.jpg

“Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like,†the statement reads.

“We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public,†it continues. “We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.â€

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-cancels-theatrical-release-for-the-interview-on-christmas-1201382032/

Sony considering scratching plans to release "The Interview" on Dec. 25, says a person with knowledge of the situation. More details soon

Earlier today, the hackers behind Sony Picture's massive security breach issued a threat against movie theaters showing the upcoming Kim Jong-un assassination comedy, writing, "The world will be full of fear. Remember the 11th of September, 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time."

In response, Sony Pictures began inviting theater owners to postpone or cancel showings of the film. 

This afternoon, we learned that Seth Rogen and James Franco had called off all press appearances promoting The Interview. Now it appears that Sony may cancel the movie's premiere entirely.

UPDATE: A source has told the Hollywood Reporter that Carmike Cinemas will not be showing The Interview. Carmike operates 278 theaters, making it one of the largest movie theater chains in America.

UPDATE 2: The L.A. Times' tweet is apparently in reference to today's meeting between Sony and theater owners and not some sort of larger cancelation on Sony's part.

UPDATE 3: According to Deadline, Landmark Theatres has canceled the New York premiere of The Interview, originally slated for Thursday with stars James Franco, Seth Rogen and Randall Park in attendance

UPDATE 4: An employee of ArcLight Cinemas says the upscale theater chain has also pulled The Interview from its five multiplexes, Deadline reports

http://gawker.com/source-sony-may-pull-the-interview-amid-terrorism-fear-1672025021?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job.  Now you made the North Koreans silence our expression of freedom/speech.  Welcome to Planet Wuss tbh.

Spyro the Dragon

They must have been crazy to think this movie wasn't going to be soaked in controversy though, right? I mean, they shouldn't be shocked at what's happening right now.

Regardless, if it's not Pineapple Express 2, what's the point. 

Whoever thought releasing a COMEDY about the murder of a world leader was a brilliant idea is a total idiot

You had to expect backlash

ItsTommyBitch

I'm going to see this movie whether it kills me or not :grr:

All the cancellations getting my inner rebel fired up :giveup:

I just have to see it now. Its a rare gem now :fan:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

RAMROD

Who knows NK is this horrid :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

They must have been crazy to think this movie wasn't going to be soaked in controversy though, right? I mean, they shouldn't be shocked at what's happening right now.

Whoever thought releasing a COMEDY about the murder of a world leader was a brilliant idea is a total idiot

You had to expect backlash

of course they expected it, its just like how this is the end had controversial too, which was by seth and james as well 

i guess they didnt think it would get this far

Archived