band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

Swan Heart

@lego here is it. :hug: It is quite rough but I did all I could.. I also did skip like two questions but they were not that important. :sweat:

Starts from around 2:08 :

Ville: Hello, Earth dwellers, we are the envoys of the love for our neighbor , expressed through music. (or something like that. :emma:). This is Mige and I'm Ville, we're from the band HIM and you're watching this lovely programme, which name I forgot because I'm very bad with Bulgarian.

Random Guy in the background: Kretchetalo.

Ville: *sexy voice* Krrretchetalo was the programmer, yes..

So the actual interview starts from here. I skipped just a few parts, that aren't that big of a deal..

(...)

2:55 :

Interview Guy: You became famous with your album R.R., do you think Deep Shadows is a better album?

Interview Guy: In what sense?

V: There was a lot of pressure while we were recording, I like the album, very much, but I was left with bad memories because we needed 11 month to finish it, which is quite a lot for a rock album. We became a bit like Def Leppard. They usually record one guitar sound every day and release an album every 7 years. We'll be a lot faster next time around and the sound will be a lot harder. Deep Shadows is a lot more soft. My mother likes that kind of music, so Deep Shadows is really more for the girls and mothers around the world. And the next one will be about the fathers and little brothers..

I: Do you consider your lyrics to be poetry?

V: They are mostly trash.

Mige: I don't think they are trash, you're way too self-critical. I really like your lyrics.

V: Oh, thank you. I'm trying to create this ****ed up, 'sinful' version of what Elvis Presley used to sing. For example, '(Let Me Be Your) Teddy bear', but with more of a gothic flavor.

5:57 :

I: What is 'gothic' about your music?

Mige: Probably the melancholy that it brings.

V: Yes. I really like bands like Sisters of Mercey, which are considered gothic rock. But what people actually find 'gothic' about our music probably comes from Finish folk music, which is very sad and melancholic. (...)

I: Ville, you are a sex symbol for many girls, and also some boys.. Do you think this may be a plus for the band?

V: No, that's a plus for me and my personal life. *smirks* :usrs:

(...)

7:26 :

I: How do drugs influence the creative process?

V: Drugs? They could be helpful but I do not recommend them. When I was younger, I used to smoke a lot of weed, but I wasn't that deeply concentrated on making music as I am now. I was a little prick back then. I wrote R.R. after I stopped it. Drugs make the creative process a lot slower.

9:50:

I: Have you ever had any problems with Finish television and radio because you don't sing in your mother's tongue?

V: Actually, Finland is quite open - minded. Top 5 could be Kelly Minogue, Slipknot, Linkin Park and some traditional folk band all at once.

(...)

I: Describe Finland in five words.

V: Mysterious, puzzling, teifying. Chilly icy. Chilly icy landscapes of madness. Overall, quite a boring country. We have saunas, we have Santa Claus and we have two very popular F1 drivers.

(Then they talk about some hotel made of ice and how cool it is. Basically giving Finland some promo.)

12:34 :

I: Tell us something you haven't told anyone else.

Mige: Well, my rectum itches but I already told Ville about that.

V: Yeah, that's the secret. We don't hide anything and we're very open about our rectums. *smiles* 

I: What was the last movie that impressed you?

V: Requiem For a Dream - an American movie about drug addictscreen. It was magnificent. What about you? *looks at Mige*

Mige: Well, I recently watched Resident Evil and I was impressed with how awful it was.

I: What was the last album you listened to?

V: An album by a Finish folklore singer from the 50s and 60s. We kind of lost our minds over the local beer. We were in our room, naked and pretending to be sumo wrestlerso. 

Quite the end. :classy:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Swan Heart said:

Interview Guy: You became famous with your album R.R., do you think Deep Shadows is a better album?

4 minutes ago, Swan Heart said:

I: Do you consider your lyrics to be poetry?

V: They are mostly trash.

nnnn

omg I love him so much :toofunny::air::giveup: 

Huuuge Thank You @Swan Heart:heart::hug: You're a darling. :flutter:

FreePalestine

poison girl

Those Pretending videos are great @lego:rockstar: I like that song, why doesn't he like it too? -_-

I saw that instagram video from the restroom, he is such a sweetheart as usual. :wub:

Also love that blonde girl from Killing Loneliness video. 

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

Nirvana
1 hour ago, lego said:

15624586_1219568684800258_48747660152814

Hymy magazine again... :madge: It's not that popular of a tabloid anymore tho. The girl with Ville must have been his girlfriend. 

On 12/25/2016 at 5:27 PM, PennyroyalTea said:

Hymy magazine again... :madge: It's not that popular of a tabloid anymore tho. The girl with Ville must have been his girlfriend. 

I was just thinking this must be old, the person who posted it on Instagram didn't write the date. The photo they used is old, it's sunny. He was drinking beer on a bar's terrace in a t-shirt, that sounds like summer, early autumn? 

FreePalestine

I liked this part of the above interview :

I: Describe Finland in five words.

V: Mysterious, puzzling, teifying. Chilly icy. Chilly icy landscapes of madness. Overall, quite a boring country. We have saunas, we have Santa Claus and we have two very popular F1 drivers.

(Then they talk about some hotel made of ice and how cool it is. Basically giving Finland some promo.)

It's just interesting to know how Ville would describe Finland, himself. :wub:

He needs to come out now, he is being missed :giveup::giggle::lana:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

https://www.gloria.fi/artikkeli/ihmiset/muusikko-jussi-69-ikavoin-yha-aitiani-joka-paiva

V Ville Valo. Ystäväni. Kun Ville soittaa, hän sanoo: ”VV täs moi.” Mahtava nimi. Kuten mies itsekin.

My friend. When Ville calls (on the phone) he says "VV here, hi" Amazing/great name. Like the man himself. 

:air: 

I want Ville to call me. :madge:

FreePalestine

Sister

He's Beautiful:heart:

He made America Beautiful Again :wub:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived