band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it's a different band, but it's actually Turbonegro's fan club. :yay: So these are like Little Monsters.:derpga: And Ville is on of them. :sis:

Turbojugend, sometimes shortened to TJ, is the international fan club of the Norwegian rock band Turbonegro.[1][2][3] A Turbojugend member can be recognised by their specially-made denim jackets with the Turbonegro logo and "Turbojugend [name of chapter]" stitched on the back.[4][5] The logo of Turbojugend Oslo can be found on almost every album Turbonegro has made.[6] There are more than 2300 chapters worldwide.[7]

Classic_Turbojugend_Oslo_logo.JPG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbojugend

tumblr_ms7qfjWNzO1qb67z4o1_400.jpg

2hhkvbp.jpg

iltalehti.jpg

In 2001 HIM covered one of their songs for this compilation 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Mother****ers

It's on Uneasy Listening from 2007 too

FreePalestine

1 hour ago, PennyroyalTea said:

Oh they are apart of a document about a band turbojugend! Interesting! :)

Your gifs are art pieces YourSweet666:wub:

Thank You!!:wub: If you have some wish, some favorite videos or eras, I could mix and make some gifs for you too. <3  

FreePalestine

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:26 PM, YourSweet666 said:

Sister's request :wub:

qUmnT6v.jpg

iCKz2iS.jpg

Wicked Game <3

Looking at HIM is like attending your own special party :icega::awesome:

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, YourSweet666 said:

I thought it's a different band, but it's actually Turbonegro's fan club. :yay: So these are like Little Monsters.:derpga: And Ville is on of them. :sis:

Turbojugend, sometimes shortened to TJ, is the international fan club of the Norwegian rock band Turbonegro.[1][2][3] A Turbojugend member can be recognised by their specially-made denim jackets with the Turbonegro logo and "Turbojugend [name of chapter]" stitched on the back.[4][5] The logo of Turbojugend Oslo can be found on almost every album Turbonegro has made.[6] There are more than 2300 chapters worldwide.[7]

Classic_Turbojugend_Oslo_logo.JPG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbojugend

tumblr_ms7qfjWNzO1qb67z4o1_400.jpg

2hhkvbp.jpg

iltalehti.jpg

In 2001 HIM covered one of their songs for this compilation 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Mother****ers

I remembered that but didn't understand that this is about their huge fandom. That is really cool and even more fun for Ville to be a participant.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

omg I saw this video before, but I didn't pay attention :giveup:

@PennyroyalTea if you have time, PLEASE translate this interview. He's mentioning "if someone doesn't like my hat", I feel like he was talking about me.:sharon:

FreePalestine

Nirvana
13 hours ago, YourSweet666 said:

omg I saw this video before, but I didn't pay attention :giveup:

@PennyroyalTea if you have time, PLEASE translate this interview. He's mentioning "if someone doesn't like my hat", I feel like he was talking about me.:sharon:

Have you ever felt sad about the criticism your band faces? Because you have also been lashed?

Ville: Well, in my opinion constructive criticism is so much more important than too flattering statements. But that kind of trashing just because someone doesn’t like my hat is strange. Many times, for example Maj Karma (finnish band) which has done great job at what they do, and are nice guys, have gotten attacked just because Herra Ylppö (lead singer of the band) has been wearing a leather skirt, has been really negative thing. What does that have to do with music? But I think that while wearing the skirt is so much easier to go to the bathroom! There’s always people who speak ill of you, even Olavi Virta was attacked, called ”a singing meatball” (he gained weight during his last years as finnish tango singer). These things have always been, and as a musician you should not care. Do what you believe in and make it with joy. It’s the only way to cope, if you start thinking too much what others think, or think what is popular, what is romantic, what is rock or metal and what is in between.them… Music is music and you do it for those who are willing to listen to it. But this kind of finnish sad, melancholic rock we are putting out, nothing else. That’s what we are good at.

---

I will translate the rest when I can, this sounded really interesting interview, and I guess I've seen this before, though long time ago.

1 hour ago, PennyroyalTea said:

Have you ever felt sad about the criticism your band faces? Because you have also been lashed?

Ville: Well, in my opinion constructive criticism is so much more important than too flattering statements. But that kind of trashing just because someone doesn’t like my hat is strange. Many times, for example Maj Karma (finnish band) which has done great job at what they do, and are nice guys, have gotten attacked just because Herra Ylppö (lead singer of the band) has been wearing a leather skirt, has been really negative thing. What does that have to do with music? But I think that while wearing the skirt is so much easier to go to the bathroom! There’s always people who speak ill of you, even Olavi Virta was attacked, called ”a singing meatball” (he gained weight during his last years as finnish tango singer). These things have always been, and as a musician you should not care. Do what you believe in and make it with joy. It’s the only way to cope, if you start thinking too much what others think, or think what is popular, what is romantic, what is rock or metal and what is in between.them… Music is music and you do it for those who are willing to listen to it. But this kind of finnish sad, melancholic rock we are putting out, nothing else. That’s what we are good at.

---

I will translate the rest when I can, this sounded really interesting interview, and I guess I've seen this before, though long time ago.

Thank you so much! I always thought he's clueless about what fans think of his hats, because he hates the Internet! :cryga: Guess I was wrong. :sweat:

I love this song by Maj Karma

He's right about everything tho. :flutter: He shouldn't care what others think. <3 

FreePalestine

Archived