band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

Nirvana
11 hours ago, YourSweet666 said:

@PennyroyalTea can you help with the translation, what were they talking about in the video? :air:

Watched the vid, but there's nothing that important there, Ville talked in the beginning how dirty the floor was. :toofunny: They talk about the setlist and then about "double-Halloween in the end of october and november" and recommended people to come... I did not find out though what they have there then, propably a lot of bands there playing. (Just google searched it, they had the 69 eyes last year) I wonder if HIM would be there then too, but it wasn't mentioned though and they are most likely on a break and not touring?

Interesting to read all your stories when you found HIM and their music. :flutter: Sometimes you turn out to be a fan straight when you hear their music or it can take a lot longer. It's like a huge treasure chest when you find a new artist to love, looking into all their music and interviews... It's also great that there are these fan communities, you can talk about your fave who share the same interest.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego

@PennyroyalTea  thank you!!

I heard about the Haloween part, oohh I hope HIM performs too!:excited2:

Or even Ville alone!

I don't get it tho, is Teatro closed and another club is open on the same spot?:huh: I'm confused. It seems to be some anniversary gathering, like "him almanac" said. 

FreePalestine

Nirvana
33 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

@PennyroyalTea  thank you!!

I heard about the Haloween part, oohh I hope HIM performs too!:excited2:

Or even Ville alone!

I don't get it tho, is Teatro closed and another club is open on the same spot?:huh: I'm confused. It seems to be some anniversary gathering, like "him almanac" said. 

I'm not sure either, but I'd think they would not be closing, it doesn't point to that direction... I agree that it's just an anniversary meeting.

It would be great if HIM or Ville alone would be performing there! Have to wait and see..

lego

more pics!

13346778_528149904055251_801673483350269

13346282_528092787394296_895765705664679

13308345_492403017625380_758017821452063

13308604_492403060958709_375447350434879

with Leo Stillman again in Semifinal

I don't like much that hat, but that face... :wub:

FreePalestine

Sister
5 hours ago, YourSweet666 said:

13308345_492403017625380_758017821452063

This guy this picture :wub::wub::wub:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

lego

There is a definite gothic quality to the imagery in the music videos for the album, as well as the artwork; as we’d spoken before about music as an art form, can you tell us what the imagery means to you and how you feel it works to enhance the musical presentation on Volumes?

MGT: I can’t take complete credit for the imagery of the sleeve art or the videos… in the case of the two videos so far – ‘Knowing Me Knowing You,’ directed by Ville Juurikkala, and ‘The Reaping,’ edited by Mont Sherar – both of those guys had their own vision for how the video would appear, the tones, atmosphere, etc. In the case of the ABBA cover, Ville Valo suggested we have a similar winter feel and vibe as the original ABBA video back in 1977. With ‘The Reaping’ video, its basically a performance video – the band rocking out in a studio – but Mont’s additional imagery, taken from images I supplied for the Volumes CD booklet, plus some of his own, nudged the tone of the video into darker, more gothic territories, with the shots of the castles and cathedrals, which feature as background images in the booklet. That suggestion also came from Valo, who saw some of my UK holiday pics taken on my iPhone 6 from various UK castles and cathedrals I’d visited last year and was suitably impressed; he suggested I use some of those photo images for the album artwork… good call!

I’m all for the new ‘cottage industry’ that the internet makes available through services such as BandCamp, PledgeMusic, etc. In fact, I most likely would have pursued that same route with my solo record, but once we recorded the ABBA cover, Ville suggested he ask his management team shop it to some European labels as he felt it deserved a physical release and a video, etc. and I wasn’t really planning on either of those things. My idea was a pure digital release, pretty immediate, no marketing campaign or anything. I suspect Ville was right to suggest getting a label involved; now we have a video with over half-a-million views in just one month… but I have good friends with established careers such as Gary Numan and Wayne Hussey/The Mission, as well as Ricky Warwick and his recent solo album I played on, which was initially a PledgeMusic campaign release and was then picked up by Nuclear Blast for a follow-up commercial release. Going down the PledgeMusic campaign route is working well for them. Power to the people!

http://regenmag.com/interviews/mark-gemini-thwaite-interview-music-that-speaks-volumes/

Ville, you are a good businessman after all. :poot:

FreePalestine

lego
8 minutes ago, Sister said:

Look at this on his Instagram:air:

Jealous😍 

That guy is from 80s Finnish band

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musta_Paraati

I think last time they saw each other was at this tribute in 2001

(His dancing :giveup: )

So that's why he wrote reunion. It's funny when other artists, his colleagues are HIM fans too. :air: Idk why. 

FreePalestine

Archived