band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
poison girl

Can I be Mige? :noparty: :air:

tumblr_n9fw0im4Ko1shyxheo1_500.png

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

lego

his moves :air:

for a moment he went back to year 2000.

I like to watch same performances from different angles. :rip:

FreePalestine

poison girl
On 13.3.2016. at 11:42 PM, VampireHeart said:

LcQ9xyoWYvQ.jpg

This reminds me... I read in an interview that he used to read EAP to Sandra before sleep. 

6 hours ago, Sister said:

SOON:hor:

:unicorn::gaycat::excited2:

Sooooo f***** HYPED! :excited2: Love this new smile :D

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

Sister
4 hours ago, poison girl said:

This reminds me... I read in an interview that he used to read EAP to Sandra before sleep. 

I am so honestly jealous.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

lego

What do you girls think about his voice change throughout the years? 

Compare these

is it the cigarettes? getting older? Do you like it more now or before? 

oh I forgot 2015

:green:

FreePalestine

poison girl
7 hours ago, Sister said:

I am so honestly jealous.

Yeah, just imagine that... wonderful poetry, Ville, bedroom in his tower... :usrs:

7 hours ago, VampireHeart said:

What do you girls think about his voice change throughout the years?

Oh his voice... As I have said, I like his voice on the first album most. On the next two albums it's almost the same, except not sounding as deep and specially dark as on the first. But the change is really insignificant. Therefore those three albums are my favourite regarding Ville's voice. Then Love metal... he sounds great, but first hints of nasal sound can be heard and since then it has gradually amplified, unfortunately. Also he's kinda lost that depth and darkness that I loved. So I like his voice on the last album least.

Now, what caused that change in his voice... I think it could be due to his debauched lifestyle and excessive use of alcohol and especially fags. Don't know...

However, there's a special place in my heart for his voice on Venus Doom. It perfectly shows both mental and physical state he was in. The turmoil and pain... He sounds like he had been crying and hurting for months before taken out of bed and thrown into a studio. His aching soul is captured and recorded on that album and it sounds hauntingly beautiful.

His voice is special and recognizable no matter how much it has changed. I will always love it.

Sister

@VampireHeart I think that the range of his voice depends upon a lot of things, especially from watching these videos. I think that his intonation depends upon his equipment that he is using, speakers and mics, filters and soundboard, whether he is drinking or smoking and both together and how much he is "into" the gig, at the moment. I also think that his breathing correctly matters and that it didn't matter so much to him, as he was younger, he just let it fly back then, in his style and was a partier. The young "us" can move mountains, don't we all know?! lol

I feel like he has tried to nurture his range and try new things and some fans love it and some do not and want just the old style.  They've even tried more with adding harmonies, by using the other bandmates for singing as well, probably to fill out the sound and help Ville out, so he is not so naked.

They've evolved, whether one likes it or not and Ville has probably done some vocal lessons and training that he wouldn't have even thought about or considered when he was just starting out. One can see certain style changes from the beginning and I feel like that is Ville more wanting the music to sound more like a commercially sounding and big selling band, nothing is wrong with that, everyone wants success, unless they just want to stay at home and be their local bar house band forever and just love to play the music.

I like the first album style best, but I can see what Ville's tried in the years with his voice / style and respect the experimentation and like it too.  I just think that he is best at any gig when he can get out of himself and be conscious with the audience and not retreat into his natural shy state, then he sings more confidently, live.

Good question, what do You think about it?

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

poison girl

Yeah I too think that Ville's been taking some singing lessons, cause his technic has certainly improved a lot. His breathing is correct and his voice gradually improves during a concert, whereas in the past he would start losing it towards the end... Berlin 2000. for example.

2 hours ago, Sister said:

They've even tried more with adding harmonies, by using the other bandmates for singing as well, probably to fill out the sound and help Ville out, so he is not so naked.

I have noticed that neither Mige nor Burton sing backup vocals anymore and that bugs me very much.>:(

Archived